BajaNomad

Shmoozing with whales in Laguna OJo de Liebre

shari - 2-9-2018 at 07:54 PM

We had another epic trip on the lagoon a couple days ago and named this enormous lady "Schmooze" as she just hung out schmoozing with humans all day long.

She loves being upside down and we got a good look at her belly button which is in the bottom left corner of this photo and her privates...the vagina and 2 mammary slits are in the middle top.

she also enjoys hearing everyone scream as she gives us a big whale shower.

Her calf we call Barrel as he loves to do barrel rolls after touching humans....his dimples are soooo cute but he has a sunburn now and is peeling from spending so much time out of the water.

My favorite whale behavior is when the calves rest on their mom....here is Barrel taking a break from playing laying on his mom's belly....how cute is that!

Tons of whales in the lagoon now and lot of tourists too...more than ever.
I still have a few openings for select Whale Magic tours.

gueribo - 2-9-2018 at 08:10 PM

Beautiful photos, Shari.

fishbuck - 2-10-2018 at 01:18 PM

These pictures are so darn cute it hurts a little. It's like a whale size cuteness overload:coolup:

[Edited on 2-13-2018 by fishbuck]

shari - 2-11-2018 at 07:49 AM

that is the cool thing about early in the whale season...those little babies are as Fishbuck says...cuteness overload! Most people want to come later in the season but you miss out on that sweet baby stage where they are in their mother's arms(fins) and carried on their backs.

DawnPatrol - 2-12-2018 at 08:22 PM

Can't wait for our March 5 & 6 dates !!!
The entire group is stoked
Alan "The Greyhound Boys"

Yes we are bringing the Greyhounds.......:lol:

Paco Facullo - 2-12-2018 at 10:03 PM

Incredible photos !!!

And I know that photos don't come close to the real thing .....

I must go......................................

JZ - 2-12-2018 at 10:35 PM

Thinking about bringing my zodiac and drone down.

Udo - 2-13-2018 at 04:47 PM

I'm new to the drone world, and I am interested in knowing how would you launch and retrieve a drone, considering that one has to calibrate the compass before the first use as well as the [IMU] sp?

Let's assume you launch the drone from the Zodiak at one spot. And later (about 1/2 hour, depending on battery life), you decide to retrieve it. Did the drone not memorize where it took off from, and when the batteries start running low, the drone is going to want to go back to the launch area (an automatic feature on many drones).

I'm playing around with a high-end Mavic and don't want to lose it early in the game (yes, I DID buy the 1 year insurance).

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Thinking about bringing my zodiac and drone down.

chavycha - 2-13-2018 at 04:54 PM

You can't launch a private boat there during whale season and I would expect the drone would be wildly unpopular too.

Udo, the drone's calibration could be done on land before flight. I think my DJI could be calibrated on the water as its calibration procedure doesn't require it to be sitting on the ground. Many drones will automatically set the home point based on startup takeoff location, but also have an override option. At worst, you could manually land it when you'd like it.

basautter - 2-13-2018 at 06:38 PM

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing! :bounce::bounce:

Udo - 2-13-2018 at 07:42 PM

Mil gracias for the information...very helpful!

Quote: Originally posted by chavycha  
You can't launch a private boat there during whale season and I would expect the drone would be wildly unpopular too.

Udo, the drone's calibration could be done on land before flight. I think my DJI could be calibrated on the water as its calibration procedure doesn't require it to be sitting on the ground. Many drones will automatically set the home point based on startup takeoff location, but also have an override option. At worst, you could manually land it when you'd like it.

shari - 2-14-2018 at 04:13 PM

we dont allow drones on the pangas....just way too bothersome for the rest of the passengers not to mention the whales but it would be perfect at our remote whale camp where whales are right smack dab in front of the beach....50' from shore!