BajaNomad

Restaurant Bar Rancho Grande -San Ignacio

BajaBlanca - 7-24-2018 at 08:32 PM

We went to San Ignacio yesterday and ate breakfast at Rancho Grande for the first time.

rsz_front_of_restaurant.jpg - 135kB

Les had huevos rancheros (99% of the time that is what he orders) and by the time I had gone to check out the cactus garden next to the mission church, he was almost done, so no photo. He said they were good.

I ordered chilaquiles and they were really tasty. Just the right amount of spiciness.

rsz_plate_of_food_san_ignacio.jpg - 100kB

Here is the menu and if anyone wants close ups, I have more photos. There is a separate lunch menu.

rsz_menu.jpg - 93kB

I love their plants and Karina, the owner, and I are going to exchange flowering plants! She gave me some seeds and I will return the favor in 2 weeks when we return.

rsz_flower_close_up.jpg - 88kB

The table settings are really unique, lots of attention to detail:

rsz_table_setting.jpg - 125kB

We were happy, and being silly in this pic. It was just starting to warm up. I really wanted to be outside. If you prefer, there is air conditioning inside.

rsz_us.jpg - 103kB

Here is the view from our table, had to show the church. This upcoming Friday the traditional San Ignacio fiestas start and the square is full of vendors already!

rsz_view_from_restaurant.jpg - 138kB

This is one of the most beautiful walkways anywhere in my humble opinion. If you are facing the restaurant, it is to the left of it.

rsz_alley.jpg - 167kB

David K - 7-24-2018 at 08:41 PM

Thanks!

TLBaja79 - 3-11-2019 at 08:21 AM

Had dinner here a few months ago and it was great, tried going back the other day but it was full! Great place!

Daventec - 3-18-2019 at 01:26 PM

Nice! Would check it out one of these days.

BajaBlanca - 3-18-2019 at 09:27 PM

Welcome to bajanomad Daventec! You will enjoy people watching there.

mtgoat666 - 3-20-2019 at 08:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
We went to San Ignacio yesterday and ate breakfast at Rancho Grande for the first time.

We were happy, and being silly in this pic. It was just starting to warm up. I really wanted to be outside. If you prefer, there is air conditioning inside.

Whenever in SI I buy an ice cream at the joint next to that restaurant. Good ice cream. The square is a good place to enjoy a cone, chill out and enjoy the shady plaza.

Daventec - 6-28-2019 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
"Whenever in SI I buy an ice cream at the joint next to that restaurant. Good ice cream. The square is a good place to enjoy a cone, chill out and enjoy the shady plaza."

Hmm, seems like a good place to just chill out. :)

David K - 6-28-2019 at 09:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Daventec  
Quote:
"Whenever in SI I buy an ice cream at the joint next to that restaurant. Good ice cream. The square is a good place to enjoy a cone, chill out and enjoy the shady plaza."

Hmm, seems like a good place to just chill out. :)

Photos during the ice cream stop, last month...

[Edited on 6-28-2019 by David K]

fishbuck - 6-28-2019 at 01:48 PM

I wish I was there right now...

advrider - 6-28-2019 at 09:14 PM

Love SI, still dreaming about the property that's for sale..