BajaNomad

Post removed - is this forum censored?

memin.pinguin - 4-24-2020 at 05:55 PM

Do posts get censored or removed here??

I started this morning with a newsworthy post and a link to maker of product.
It's gone!

Ones can find it in a search engine cache but not here on this forum anymore

forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=94378

sancho - 4-24-2020 at 06:14 PM

Not too common, but it is the prerogative of the owner

Off topic!

AKgringo - 4-24-2020 at 06:29 PM

That is where the post was moved to, and it is still there if you want to sign in. Really though, what did it have to do with "General Baja Discussion"?

BajaNomad - 4-24-2020 at 06:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by memin.pinguin  

All the time. Or moved to the proper forum. It's helpful when people post to the proper forum - as specified in the user agreement.

;)

As noted, it's now in the off-topic forum.

Thank you.

:biggrin:

memin.pinguin - 4-24-2020 at 07:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
That is where the post was moved to, and it is still there if you want to sign in.

I can not sign in to that part of the forum, beside, why post if it is hidden?

Really though, what did it have to do with "General Baja Discussion"?

A globally discussed and trending topic across 100's of websites does stop at Baja?
Well-meant advise - keep in mind just a few weeks ago similar advise was given and people would consume that and die - is not worthy to General Baja inhabitants?

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

All the time. Or moved to the proper forum. It's helpful when people post to the proper forum - as specified in the user agreement.

"Proper Forum" that is not accessible = Censorship!
I guess as private enterprise you can do as you wish on your forum, however, making use of the internet while at the same time not respecting the freedom of expression does not really shine a bright light on you

Thank you.

I have deleted most of my (since 2008) posts - a few have no option to do so - and like to cancel my membership on this public platform as i do not want to be part of a censored community while at the same time helping the owner to peddle car insurance or create income with advertisement with Google ads.

How do I delete my account and have my personal data deleted?

del mar - 4-24-2020 at 08:21 PM

That is where the post was moved to, and it is still there if you want to sign in.

I can not sign in to that part of the forum, beside, why post if it is hidden?

Really though, what did it have to do with "General Baja Discussion"?

A globally discussed and trending topic across 100's of websites does stop at Baja?
Well-meant advise - keep in mind just a few weeks ago similar advise was given and people would consume that and die - is not worthy to General Baja inhabitants?

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

"Proper Forum" that is not accessible = Censorship!
I guess as private enterprise you can do as you wish on your forum, however, making use of the internet while at the same time not respecting the freedom of expression does not really shine a bright light on you

Thank you.

I have deleted most of my (since 2008) posts - a few have no option to do so - and like to cancel my membership on this public platform as i do not want to be part of a censored community while at the same time helping the owner to peddle car insurance or create income with advertisement with Google ads.

you can check out but you can never leave.....

BornFisher - 4-24-2020 at 09:21 PM

Just leave.

mtgoat666 - 4-24-2020 at 09:31 PM

Bye, bye! :P. :lol::lol:

memin.pinguin

AKgringo - 4-24-2020 at 09:56 PM

Just in case you check back here, the password to enter "Off Topic" is; over18 You can go there to continue your thread, or delete the text of your post.