BajaNomad

No Conozco

Santiago - 8-11-2023 at 05:19 AM

I text a friend if he knew who Peso Pluma was and I got back the reply, "No conozco".

So I go out to the shop that's chuck full of Spanish speakers and say "Como se dice 'conozco' in English?" First guy says "don't know" so I ask the next guy and HE says "don't know" too. So I go into the front office and ask Ms Rivera and SHE says "I don't know".
WTF??

For the rest of the day, everyone walking past my office is sticking their head in and saying "I just don't know boss".

David K - 8-11-2023 at 06:36 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

freediverbrian - 8-11-2023 at 07:37 AM

Then everyone started their rendition of Who's on First.

pauldavidmena - 8-11-2023 at 08:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
I text a friend if he knew who Peso Pluma was and I got back the reply, "No conozco".

Cute joke; in a similar vein, the reply could have been "lo desconozco", or "lo ignoro", cool verbs for which I don't believe English has exact equivalents.

Where I grew up in NY, there's is the verb "dunno", as in "I dunno."

:lol:

surabi - 8-11-2023 at 04:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  

Cute joke; in a similar vein, the reply could have been "lo desconozco", or "lo ignoro", cool verbs for which I don't believe English has exact equivalents.

Maybe an equivalent in English for "desconozco" would be the "I can't recall" refrain of many who are questioned in a court of law.

4x4abc - 8-12-2023 at 11:47 AM

conozco
cnosco
knosco
know

SFandH - 8-12-2023 at 06:05 PM

Pues, no sé.......

lencho - 8-12-2023 at 09:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Pues, no sé.......

El que sabe lo que no sabe, sabe más que el que no sabe lo que no sabe.