BajaNomad

DENNIS is in the hospital.

Pages:  1  2    4    6

dtutko1 - 6-25-2012 at 01:41 PM

Dennis
We have never met, but you have helped me several times on many issues. I know I join many other nomads and wish you a steady and complete recovery.
Don

Paulina - 6-25-2012 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I am announcing a welcome home party for DENNIS at his home in Punta Banda that I have asked Doc to organize. I 'd like to have live entertainment...anyone up for a gig??

He's coming home from the hospital after a serious medical problem and you're inviting everyone and the 'gig' to show up? I'm at a loss to understand your motives.

That's exactly what I was wondering. I didn't think the Dennis that I know would go for that.

P<*)))>{

Dennis

molly - 6-25-2012 at 03:05 PM

The Dennis I know would definitely not want a party.
He is one that does not like changes.
Too bad his whereabouts are such a secret. He needs to
know that his friends care about him and have not abandoned him.

EnsenadaDr - 6-25-2012 at 03:10 PM

I am having a welcome home party for him. If none of you want to attend, that's fine. Anyway, I spoke to Dennis today and the good news is he read all the posts on his Kindle.. he said he can't seem to use his fingers to post and he asked me to buy him a stylus for his Kindle that he lost and then he can post. He started physical and occupational therapy today, and I will be going to the States again to bring up his Stylus and clothes so the occupational therapist can work on having him put his own clothes on. Hopefully Thursday he will be able to post. I offered to give him a bigger computer but he likes his Kindle. He wants his concentration 100% on his rehab, he doesn't want to think about anything else right now.

AH...a newbie

EnsenadaDr - 6-25-2012 at 03:13 PM

Identify yourself, sounds like his ex girlfriend who is insanely jealous. Geez, even Ron Hoff understood the need for privacy and accepted it. Thanks Ron for understanding. Maybe you can shed some light on how important privacy is during the rehab period.
Quote:
Originally posted by molly

norte - 6-25-2012 at 03:33 PM

For those who may need help in the future, How much are you charging for these services Ensenada Doctor? Are there referrals to other doctors after you move in september?

Financial Responsibility

EnsenadaDr - 6-25-2012 at 06:32 PM

DENNIS has me handling his expenses, such as ambulance rides, paying his bills in Mexico, etc. I did ask him to sign a power of attorney which he agreed to, but at the last minute he decided not to. This makes my job difficult, but he had the right to refuse at the last minute.

Lizard Lips told me to remove the post about Bruce Massey. Bruce started harrassing me over at Fulano's. Anyway, Lizard Lips keeps sending me U2U's saying if I don't remove the post about Bruce Massey, he was going to reveal that I wanted to put my financial responsibility on paper, and send it to Nomad, Fulano, and PBBB. Lizard Lips keeps counting down and sending me U2U's every 5 minutes saying I have 45 minutes, then 10 minutes. Dennis told me today he never talked to Lizard Lips about this, so I don't know what source he has.

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

karenintx - 6-25-2012 at 07:06 PM

Upon Dennis' discharge from rehab it would be wise to ask his OT/PT along with his doctor(s) that are treating him if he should have a party waiting for him when he arrives home. They will know his strengths and his limitations.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Dennis.

mtgoat666 - 6-25-2012 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
DENNIS has me handling his expenses, such as ambulance rides, paying his bills in Mexico, etc. I did ask him to sign a power of attorney which he agreed to, but at the last minute he decided not to. This makes my job difficult, but he had the right to refuse at the last minute.

Lizard Lips told me to remove the post about Bruce Massey. Bruce started harrassing me over at Fulano's. Anyway, Lizard Lips keeps sending me U2U's saying if I don't remove the post about Bruce Massey, he was going to reveal that I wanted to put my financial responsibility on paper, and send it to Nomad, Fulano, and PBBB. Lizard Lips keeps counting down and sending me U2U's every 5 minutes saying I have 45 minutes, then 10 minutes. Dennis told me today he never talked to Lizard Lips about this, so I don't know what source he has.

You post a lot. I imagine you also talk a lot.

I think your flaming of Punta banda residents over on fulano's website makes people doubt you. If you come to nomadlandia seking validation and support, then act like a serious sober adult. Your posts in the OT and on fulano's website make you look like a raving nutjob. Of course, I am an irreverant smart aleck, so I don't claim to be a sober serious adult; however, I am sober :lol::lol:

I think Dennis probably needs advice and assistance, but he probably does not someone to sign his checks and directly manage his accounts. Best you stay at arms length and not seek power of attorney over him. Crikey, just 2 weeks ago you were waging a vendetta against Dennis! Have you read your posts from ast month!

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by mtgoat666]

Cypress - 6-26-2012 at 11:30 AM

Dennis, Hang tuff!:biggrin:

woody with a view - 6-26-2012 at 11:36 AM

power of attorney? you shouldn't be asking him for that. he should ask you!

WOW!

when is Dennis gonna poke his head up and have a look around here?

mtgoat666 - 6-26-2012 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
power of attorney? you shouldn't be asking him for that. he should ask you!

WOW!

when is Dennis gonna poke his head up and have a look around here?

good point, woody.

it seems dennis is being aggressively pursued by two women, janene and tila. watch out!

Janene

bajaguy - 6-26-2012 at 12:14 PM

I would like to thank you for providing the immediate assistance to Dennis, but I am also miffed at your reluctance to let anyone contact him.

There are friends here on this board and in Punta Banda that are concerned, not only about his health, but also his welfare. We are all family and pull together to help one of our own.

I understand the need for Dennis to concentrate on his rehab however his (possibly forced) isolation dos nothing to ally our concerns.

I would suggest that Dennis pick ONE friend of his chosing (possibly FDT, Doug, Lizard Lips) that can visit him on a regular basis (a couple of times a week), and in Dennis' own words report back to us his own thoughts, wishes and requests

Anything less leads me to belive something else is in play.

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 12:17 PM

I AM ONLY FOLLOWING THE WISHES OF MY PATIENT, DENNIS WANTS TO BE LEFT ALONE AT THIS TIME.

bajaguy - 6-26-2012 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
I AM ONLY FOLLOWING THE WISHES OF MY PATIENT, DENNIS WANTS TO BE LEFT ALONE AT THIS TIME.

We only have your word on that. Nothing from Dennis through a "friend" or an independent source.........let FDT visit him for 15 minutes........

Mulegena - 6-26-2012 at 12:26 PM

Janene

Dennis is not your patient.

You've crossed over a line, compromised your ethics, both personal and more importantly, professional.

bajafam - 6-26-2012 at 12:32 PM

DENNIS ~ I am replacing my avi for you until you are back on the board. I've had a crummy feeling about all this for a while, but have restrained myself from commenting. I hope the dread in my craw is unsubstantiated.
Get well soon...

woody with a view - 6-26-2012 at 12:34 PM

Quote:

WTF is wrong with you? i sense a bad ending to this drama. only problem, someone's life is at stake!

i'm sure he'll want all of his friends as soon as you run away with his $ and power of attorney. you've lost any credibility i wrongly associated with your intentions.

where is the stylus? why doesn't Dennis post up a hello?

DianaT - 6-26-2012 at 12:42 PM

Dennis,
We all cannot wait to hear from you either directly or through some other people----we hope you are getting better and all is OK.

Janene, you could quickly be removed from suspicion if you let a couple of people visit Dennis.

I understand that if Dennis wants to be left alone right now, that is his decision and understandable. However, if just one other person like Doug, or FDT or someone else was to visit you could tell Dennis why it is important. His friends just want to know that he is OK and that what is happening is HIS choice and that he is not being taken to the cleaners.

mtgoat666 - 6-26-2012 at 12:54 PM

Quote:

now is he your "patient?"

:?::?:

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

Make up your mind please...........

mcfez - 6-26-2012 at 12:54 PM

In a few posts back..........you said " DENNIS is my patient" yet in your post as copied below....you laid this claim...... " Therefore, Dennis in not my patient, and we do not have an official Patient/Physician relationship".

I suggest you tell all here that, you must under supervision if performing any duties as a Doctor...........since you have NOT completed your medical school. Those are facts.

I ask all here, as other BN's did too in this topic.....go to http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=60883 to get the real facts about the EnsenadaDr. Yes.....it's that dank place Off Topics, but the real truth of what is REALLY happening here is there.

I am very concerned about DENNIS's welfare.

Quote:
Patient confidentiality...I am not yet a Doctor in the US and only in Mexico. I am not Dennis' treating physician. Therefore, Dennis in not my patient, and we do not have an official Patient/Physician relationship. Plus he is aware of my posts.

Quote:

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by mcfez]

Thank you all for finally sounding the alarm

danaeb - 6-26-2012 at 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

I think there's something seriously wrong here, and I've tried over the last week, not very successfully, to temper my remarks. But I'm hopeful that Doug or someone can intervene in this disturbing turn of events. Her patient? Yikes.

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by danaeb]

Patient

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 01:10 PM

A patient is someone you take care of. I didn't say in what capacity. Even nurses aides say "My patient". Man, Goat for a PHD in Hydrology you have alot to learn about health care.
Quote:
Quote:

rts551 - 6-26-2012 at 01:20 PM

Janeen

You have a history of taking money from Dennis as well as a few other problems. Just ease everyones mind by "letting" someone visit Dennis. I am sure that Dennis has the capacity to say "let me alone" on his own. He is pretty sharp and has shown the capacity to speak his mind.

McFez

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 01:22 PM

McFez,

You are trying very hard to destroy David's career if you haven't already. Fulano is a well respected man in his field, and you try to destroy his life. I am sorry you have no career. But that doesn't mean you need to try and destroy others' lives. I work at a clinic and I am a doctor in Mexico. I am sorry you keep lying to the public that I am not a Doctor. I am sorry that you are saying I don't have a current nursing license in California. What are you doing besides CEO of Keyboard Commandos? I do not have a patient/physician relationship with Dennis as a Doctor registered in the US. I am a Doctor in Mexico and have been one for a year. You are so concerned with Dennis you couldn't even come down here and see him when he was at Kaiser.
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
In a few posts back..........you said " DENNIS is my patient" yet in your post as copied below....you laid this claim...... "e Therefore, Dennis in not my patient, and we do not have an official Patient/Physician relationship".

I suggest you tell all here that, you must under supervision if performing any duties as a Doctor...........since you have NOT completed your medical school. Those are facts.

I ask all here, as other BN's did too in this topic.....go to http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=60883 to get the real facts about the EnsenadaDr. Yes.....it's that dank place Off Topics, but the real truth of what is REALLY happening here is there.

I am very concerned about DENNIS's welfare.

Quote:
Patient confidentiality...I am not yet a Doctor in the US and only in Mexico. I am not Dennis' treating physician. Therefore, Dennis in not my patient, and we do not have an official Patient/Physician relationship. Plus he is aware of my posts.

Quote:

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by mcfez]

woody with a view - 6-26-2012 at 01:24 PM

where is he now? thru u2u of course....

You're off the rails

danaeb - 6-26-2012 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
A patient is someone you take care of. I didn't say in what capacity. Even nurses aides say "My patient". Man, Goat for a PHD in Hydrology you have alot to learn about health care.
Quote:
Quote:

I 'take care' of my 92 yr old mother, but in no way is she my patient. I leave that to the professionals, which, as far as I can ascertain, you are not, in any capacity.

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 01:28 PM

Woody you have not read my post from 11:17 am today. Please read it.

Help! Now!

toneart - 6-26-2012 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
Quote:
Quote:

I think there's something seriously wrong here, and I've tried over the last week, not very successfully, to temper my remarks. But I'm hopeful that Doug or someone can intervene in this disturbing turn of events. Her patient? Yikes.

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by danaeb]

I too am growing increasingly concerned. Given the Janene's vehement animosity of last month, coupled with her refusal to disclose Dennis' whereabouts, creates a huge lack of credibility.

I was skeptical as I said before, but I was willing to give Janene the benefit of the doubt that she was (reluctantly, as she herself put it) taking charge. It seemed humane, on the surface.

Power of Attorney is unacceptable!
A homecoming party for Dennis is unacceptable, given his condition!

These endeavors alone exhibit extremely poor judgment!!! Hopefully, poor judgment is all that is involved rather than criminal activity.

Ron Hoff-
David Marstrom- (I know David and I know he can get things done).
Lizzard Lips-
Can either of you track Dennis down and report to Doug as to his whereabouts? Get an Ombudsman in there. The U.S. Embassy needs to be involved, NOW! It is time for legal intervention!

Hook - 6-26-2012 at 01:48 PM

This is ghastly.

Speaking of careers being destroyed, good luck with your American license to practice medicine. This whole sequence will come back to haunt you.

Unless, of course, you are applying to be a member of Doctor's Without Scruples, or something..................

Patience wearing thin

mtgoat666 - 6-26-2012 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

never said i have a phd in hydrology. in fact, i do not. but i read your posts about dennis, and i can say i have had an education in the dennis/janene affair! no reasonable person would read those posts and arive at the conclusion that you are a good trustee for dennis,... just saying!

lizard lips - 6-26-2012 at 01:56 PM

I have not spoken publicly about any of this but I will tell you all now why I am concerned. I am not going into detail but I will say that yes, I have sent private messages to Janene on several occasions and she has brought those out for all to see.

Dennis would do the same for me if I was in his position. That I know is the truth however we will never know what is going on until he posts something abut his current condition and treatment.

I will not say that janene has not been honest with her posts and I believe she has Dennis's best interest at heart but all I wanted was a five minute phone call to confirm. She will not allow me or anyone to see him or talk with him so how are we going to react? This has me frustrated to say the least and I believe Janene enjoys that.

I am not going into what I think of Janene and her past and actually wanted to keep quite on the board and that is the reason I sent her private messages with nothing back as to Dennis's current location and only that he wanted to be left alone. I honestly hope he is ok and I believe he is.

For sure Janene will follow up with a post about me and my comments but I am done with her and will NEVER communicate with her again.

Lets all hope that everything is good!

I personally have prayed for Dennis and his recovery and I will continue to do so because that is all I have left.

J.P. - 6-26-2012 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

never said i have a phd in hydrology. in fact, i do not. but i read your posts about dennis, and i can say i have had an education in the dennis/janene affair! no reasonable person would read those posts and arive at the conclusion that you are a good trustee for dennis,... just saying!

Any papers that were signed in the us has no legal standing down here. Some one close to the situation should talk to the on site property manager at Lomas Del mar They have the power to lock Dennis's house and personal effects down untill they hear Personaly From Dennis.they have a lease clause there that specifys the property be owner occopied no subletting

BajaGringo - 6-26-2012 at 02:11 PM

Quote:
Identify yourself, sounds like his ex girlfriend who is insanely jealous. Geez, even Ron Hoff understood the need for privacy and accepted it. Thanks Ron for understanding. Maybe you can shed some light on how important privacy is during the rehab period.
Quote:
Originally posted by molly

Yes Janene, I do understand how important privacy can be at a time like this but it is impossible to ignore the rising level of concern which is quickly evolving into animosity. I truly believe the situation calls for you to facilitate someone to be able to go and see Dennis in a short/quick and yet private visit, one on one. This can easily be all cleared up and would help to put those here who are concerned at ease and would go a long way to justify what you have been posting and give you greater credibility.

That's just my 2 cents but I feel very strongly that even Dennis would agree with that.

If it helps I would make myself available to go up to San Diego to see Dennis and report back.

lizard lips - 6-26-2012 at 02:23 PM

Ron I was the first Nomad to visit you at Del Carmen. Why did I go? I wanted to see that you were being take of and from what I saw your treatment was just fine. You had a nurse 24 hours a day by your bedside and fro what I could tell you your getting the best they could offer. Dennis called me that same day after I posted what I had saw and he wanted to also visit you and he did with me the very next day. For the most part Nomads is a caring group of people as are the folks at Fulanos board. They really want him to have the best treatment and to get better even though they bashed him but when someone is injured or ill it seems like we all get on board and want the best for that person. I would hope that if I was in this same condition everyone came to my aid and I believe they would standing in line to help.

I will be attending a conference in San Diego this Thursday and Friday and would also like to have a visit but I think it's out of the question right now.

DavidE - 6-26-2012 at 02:25 PM

IMHO

This is getting out-of-hand and needs to be de-fused. If left unchecked it will probably get very ugly, very quickly. I am thinking of the patient. I could give a damn about anyone else.

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 02:34 PM

The question is who can I Itrust? I don't want the number to be passed around to everyone and result in a flurry of calls to him. So who could I trust to call him to check on him? I have U2U'd Doug in the past and he doesn't respond. Lizard Lips strongarmed me and threatened. I would consider David or Ron Hoff.

rts551 - 6-26-2012 at 02:40 PM

Ron would be excellent. he has gone through the turmol and can sympathize with the situation

fandango - 6-26-2012 at 02:43 PM

ensenadadr:
you don't have to trust anyone.

dennis can decide if he wants visitors or not. he knows these 4 honorable men: doug, lips, ron and fdt. u2u the name and telephone number of the facility to doug means. you don't need to have a chat with any of them.

you should not be the gatekeeper here. dennis can set that up with the facility.

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 02:45 PM

That's what I mean. Who was the guy David that had the stroke. I think if he agrees, I will give him the number or Ron Hoff. I think I U2U'd the wrong person DavidE. Please U2U me Ron with your phone number and the other David that had the stroke and I will give you both his numbers with the absolute condition that they are not to be given to ANYONE else. As I have maintained, Dennis needs all of his energy for rehab.

woody with a view - 6-26-2012 at 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fandango
ensenadadr:
you don't have to trust anyone.

dennis can decide if he wants visitors or not. he knows these 4 honorable men: doug, lips, ron and fdt. u2u the name and telephone number of the facility to doug means. you don't need to have a chat with any of them.

you should not be the gatekeeper here. dennis can set that up with the facility.

^^^WINNER!^^^

fandango - 6-26-2012 at 02:52 PM

ron is an excellent choice.

Quote:
Please U2U me Ron with your phone number

you don't need his telephone number. hit the u2u button and send the telephone number.

please do it now.

fandango - 6-26-2012 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Dennis needs all of his energy for rehab.

and THAT will be assured by the doctors, nurses and PT that are charged with his care.

comitan - 6-26-2012 at 02:54 PM

Now that wasn't hard was it.:lol:

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 02:59 PM

No but you guys still want me to give the info to who YOU want me to give it to. I am giving it to whom I trust and who understands the need for rest now to obtain maximum rehab results. After that we can all relax and "talk story" as they say in Hawaii.

Wow, talk about comments from the Peanut Gallery

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 03:02 PM

who are you anyway, I will do this my way, there are ways to access info on U2U's here.
Quote:
Originally posted by fandango
ron is an excellent choice.

Quote:
Please U2U me Ron with your phone number

you don't need his telephone number. hit the u2u button and send the telephone number.

please do it now.

mtgoat666 - 6-26-2012 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
The question is who can I Itrust? I don't want the number to be passed around to everyone and result in a flurry of calls to him.

seems to me you are being overly cautious. if calls were too numerous, he could turn off ringer.

it seems to me that zero visitors is not good for anyone in a hospital, and you are trying to keep the tally at zero.

in my experience, people in hospitals need support, they don't succeed on isolation.

my 2 cents! just saying!

Goat please..

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 03:08 PM

Is Ron Hoff's word or DavidH's word or both not good enough for you? It's precisely for this reason. You and about 99% of the Nomads still don't understand. Dennis doesn't want visitors at this time. How many times have I said this. So Ron Hoff understands, David understands...and the only reason I am doing this is because the foaming of the mouths from this thread is coming through my computer on the other end.
Quote:
Quote:
The question is who can I Itrust? I don't want the number to be passed around to everyone and result in a flurry of calls to him.

seems to me you are being overly cautious. if calls were too numerous, he could turn off ringer.

it seems to me that zero visitors is not good for anyone in a hospital, and you are trying to keep the tally at zero.

in my experience, people in hospitals need support, they don't succeed on isolation.

my 2 cents! just saying!

JoeJustJoe - 6-26-2012 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Is Ron Hoff's word or DavidH's word or both not good enough for you? It's precisely for this reason. You and about 99% of the Nomads still don't understand. Dennis doesn't want visitors at this time. How many times have I said this. So Ron Hoff understands, David understands...and the only reason I am doing this is because the foaming of the mouths from this thread is coming through my computer on the other end.
Quote:
Quote:

my 2 cents! just saying!

Dennis doesn't want visitors, but wants a big party when he gets home?

Granted Dennis doesn't want visitors, but your behavior Janene is making everybody suspicious. So in the interest of Dennis' health and well being. I suggest you tell a couple of Nomad's where he is at, and they could see for themselves Dennis is being well taken care of, and nobody is trying to take advantage of him.

Janene I'm sure you're aware of JoeJustJoe's investigating skills, and I can probably find out where Dennis is in a matter of minutes, and I'm willing to post where he is at for all to see if you continue this hiding game. You decide what you want to do.

tripledigitken - 6-26-2012 at 03:38 PM

In this day and age, with Dennis's computerize, if he wanted to connect with anyone from a medical facility I think he could. Even if he doesn't have a tablet, which Janene says he does, he could borrow one (smart phone, laptop, etc.) from any staff member to post here or U2U. I'll bet he's reading this thread today.

just sayin'

rts551 - 6-26-2012 at 04:01 PM

lesson here for folks that live in Mexico. Have your paper work in order so you DO NOT have to rely n the internet for care.

toneart - 6-26-2012 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

my 2 cents! just saying!

Dennis doesn't want visitors, but wants a big party when he gets home?

Granted Dennis doesn't want visitors, but your behavior Janene is making everybody suspicious. So in the interest of Dennis' health and well being. I suggest you tell a couple of Nomad's where he is at, and they could see for themselves Dennis is being well taken care of, and nobody is trying to take advantage of him.

Janene I'm sure you're aware of JoeJustJoe's investigating skills, and I can probably find out where Dennis is in a matter of minutes, and I'm willing to post where he is at for all to see if you continue this hiding game. You decide what you want to do.

No Joe, please don't do that. :no:

BajaGringo - 6-26-2012 at 04:14 PM

I just got off the phone with Dennis and had a very nice conversation with him. He sounded very good and is in a facility where he is receiving excellent care and attention. He is focused on working hard on his rehab and it sounds like he has a great attitude. He spoke of Janene and said to tell everybody he appreciates your concern but that she is fulfilling "necessary functions" to help him through this process and not to worry.

He also mentioned that he should be back home in a couple of weeks and will be able to start posting online in just a day or so.

Thanks Janene...

toneart - 6-26-2012 at 04:17 PM

Thank you, Ron!
Thank you, Janene!

I will butt out now!

Thanks, Ron

bajaguy - 6-26-2012 at 04:18 PM

Very much appreciated!!!!

rts551 - 6-26-2012 at 04:21 PM

Thanks Ron. I can go back to thinking about the Halibut and Jurel.

Mulegena - 6-26-2012 at 04:27 PM

Thanks, Ron. Good going.

J.P. - 6-26-2012 at 04:30 PM

Thanks Ron.

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by J.P.]

mcfez - 6-26-2012 at 04:44 PM

Good man Ron! Please keep in touch with him........................

I need your help....

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 05:02 PM

I am going to bring Dennis some necessary items tomorrow and I am going to buy him a laptop with a large keyboard because Dennis is having trouble posting because of the small keyboard of the Kindle. Any suggestions on a computer for a Handicapped person?

COSTCO

bajaguy - 6-26-2012 at 05:10 PM

Buy the least expensive 15.6 inch screen laptop. It should already have an internet program, and they usually come with a 30 day free subscription to a word processing and security program. Can upgrade those programs lon line later.

KASHEYDOG - 6-26-2012 at 05:12 PM

Hey Dr. J.....:yes:
Can I chip in $50 bucks for that?? I can meet you somewhere in San Diego tomorrow to give it to you..

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 05:23 PM

Nah...Dennis doesn't need money. Especially living in Mexico, everything is cheap cheap cheap....especially the nurses!!!

Computer

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 05:25 PM

Somebody just told me that anything less than a 17 inch would have a keyboard that was too small.
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Buy the least expensive 15.6 inch screen laptop. It should already have an internet program, and they usually come with a 30 day free subscription to a word processing and security program. Can upgrade those programs lon line later.

DavidE - 6-26-2012 at 05:42 PM

Wal-Mart is where I went for this Compaq-CQ57 in December for $298.00

It has Windows 7, Internet Explorer, WI-fi, and the Microsoft Office starter program. 15.6" screen, a decent keyboard, screechy speakers, and about a 4 hour battery life online. If you want to blow some extra money, do it for an 8GB RAM upgrade. The computer has a built in camera.
I got a 2000 mw ALFA USB antenna amplifier. WOW! (plug it in, run the mini CD ROM) and away you go. I would check to see if his care facility has WI-fi though. Sure would be a big disappointment after getting a laptop lined out if he had no connection.

Another gift idea is a mattress topper. A memory foam job from Costco. If a lot of time is spent in bed, a mattress can really become a plus or minus. Same for pillows. Loan him some books about Baja, ones with lots of photos.

Give him the tools to help him help himself, and I guarantee you miracles will happen. And for christ sake think about things that can help him do stuff like go to the bathroom. The smallest gain is a world beater. It leads to gain number 2 then three, then...

NATURALLY SPEAKING is supposed to be a good hands off typing program

Thanks David

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 05:45 PM

Your suggestions are wonderful, thank you David. Yes the facility has Wi Fi. That's how he is reading everyone's posts.
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Wal-Mart is where I went for this Compaq-CQ57 in December for $298.00

It has Windows 7, Internet Explorer, WI-fi, and the Microsoft Office starter program. 15.6" screen, a decent keyboard, screechy speakers, and about a 4 hour battery life online. If you want to blow some extra money, do it for an 8GB RAM upgrade. The computer has a built in camera.
I got a 2000 mw ALFA USB antenna amplifier. WOW! (plug it in, run the mini CD ROM) and away you go. I would check to see if his care facility has WI-fi though. Sure would be a big disappointment after getting a laptop lined out if he had no connection.

Another gift idea is a mattress topper. A memory foam job from Costco. If a lot of time is spent in bed, a mattress can really become a plus or minus. Same for pillows. Loan him some books about Baja, ones with lots of photos.

Give him the tools to help him help himself, and I guarantee you miracles will happen. And for christ sake think about things that can help him do stuff like go to the bathroom. The smallest gain is a world beater. It leads to gain number 2 then three, then...

NATURALLY SPEAKING is supposed to be a good hands off typing program

[Edited on 6-27-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

willardguy - 6-26-2012 at 05:59 PM

he can have mine, the music button still works!

Ateo - 6-26-2012 at 06:01 PM

Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

:lol::lol::lol:

DanO - 6-26-2012 at 06:03 PM

Quote:

Damn, I gotta get me one of those keyboards! And one for Skeeter while I'm at it!

:lol::lol::lol:

BajaGringo - 6-26-2012 at 06:13 PM

WalMart has this loaded HP notebook with a 17.3"screen for only $397.00 - Really quite a deal right now.

HP Refurbished Charcoal Gray 17.3" g7-1329WM Laptop PC with AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M Accelerated Processor

estebanis - 6-26-2012 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
WalMart has this loaded HP notebook with a 17.3"screen for only $397.00 - Really quite a deal right now.

HP Refurbished Charcoal Gray 17.3" g7-1329WM Laptop PC with AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M Accelerated Processor

That looks like a great deal!
Esteban

BajaGringo - 6-26-2012 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by estebanis
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

That looks like a great deal!
Esteban

It is - probably a good idea to check which store has any left at this great price...

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 06:31 PM

OK Ron I will make some calls as I head up tomorrow to the States. Thanks so much, looks like a great deal.

[Edited on 6-27-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

Check Wal-Mart

bajaguy - 6-26-2012 at 06:44 PM

That may not be available in certain stores as a walk in purchase.

Click on the link and play around with San Diego area store locations/zip codes to see if the store has any for in stock purchases instead of ordering it.

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 07:06 PM

I will call WalMarts in the area and ask the electronics department before I go in to the store.

A Thought to Ponder for all Trusting Nomads..

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 07:43 PM

QUESTION: What is the difference between Americans that live in the U.S. and American expats that live in Mexico?

ANSWER: North of the Border, you are innocent until proven guilty; South of the Border, you are guilty until proven innocent.

woody with a view - 6-26-2012 at 07:48 PM

let it go. there were valid points coming from both sides of the border. we all just want the best for D.

north/south?

captkw - 6-26-2012 at 07:51 PM

O.K. That depends..in calif. if you get a traffic ticket. your guilty !! unless you want spend all day at the court house and then they delay you over for the next day !!....................question..whats the differince between god & a traffic cop ?.....A...god dosnt think he is a traffic cop!! :lol: K & T :cool:

willardguy - 6-26-2012 at 07:52 PM

ANSWER: housing is ridiculous cheap
you have freedom here only dreamed about NOB

aint nthat the truth !!

captkw - 6-26-2012 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
ANSWER: housing is ridiculous cheap
you have freedom here only dreamed about NOB
and it used to be free !! NOW it land of the FEE !! K&T

EnsenadaDr - 6-26-2012 at 07:55 PM

Well I just want to thank all of you for your trust and respect...it means so much to me.

goldhuntress - 6-26-2012 at 08:13 PM

FYI, on the computer if it has the numbers keypad on the right side it make the typing keys closer together so you may want to avoid that on a smaller laptop, may not matter on the larger ones. I have a 15.6 and I have never gotten used to the typing keys being closer together and have a lot of typos. I use spell check a lot, lol.

woody with a view - 6-26-2012 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Well I just want to thank all of you for your trust and respect...it means so much to me.

you bet Doc.

your friend, the nincompoop!:lol:

toneart - 6-26-2012 at 08:56 PM

A wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse may be helpful. Dennis could just have the weight of it in his lap instead of trying to juggle a laptop. The laptop could sit on a table next to the bed. Very easy to use and not very expensive.

Ateo - 6-26-2012 at 09:30 PM

Dennis, it's been a week since I said it - get well soon dude! I was over in your hood this last weekend and was thinking of you.

[Edited on 6-27-2012 by ateo]

Bob H - 6-26-2012 at 10:25 PM

DENNIS...we are soooo looking forward to your posts again!! Get well soon dude! Bob H

mcfez - 6-27-2012 at 07:47 AM

That;s good Tony!

Let me add this idea........

http://www.antonline.com/p_WVBW%2BMS-GP_923984.htm?sID=GP

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
A wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse may be helpful. Dennis could just have the weight of it in his lap instead of trying to juggle a laptop. The laptop could sit on a table next to the bed. Very easy to use and not very expensive.

tiotomasbcs - 6-27-2012 at 08:36 AM

I know it's soon but any updates on his physical condition?? Glad to hear your cognitive skills are good, Amigo. I'm sure the doctors and nurses are enjoying your playful character and probably wonder about this Nomad thing?!:tumble: Tio

Mulegena - 6-27-2012 at 08:49 AM

Any updates as to Dennis' physical condition should be coming to us through Dennis himself.

Its a breach of a medical professional's oath of discretion and patient privacy. We know that Janene is not Dennis' doctor; however, to discuss a person's health issues publicly is at the very least a possible social faux pas.

If the individual wishes their state to be known, health or financial, it should be done so with great restraint, discretion, respect and clearly only with the person's absolute trust and permission.

fandango - 6-27-2012 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Any updates as to Dennis' physical condition should be coming to us through Dennis himself.

Its a breach of a medical professional's oath of discretion and patient privacy. We know that Janene is not Dennis' doctor; however, to discuss a person's health issues publicly is at the very least a possible social faux pas.

completely agree!

fandango - 6-27-2012 at 09:01 AM

Quote:

If the individual wishes their state to be known, health or financial, it should be done so with great restraint, discretion, respect and clearly only with the person's absolute trust and permission.

and by the individuals own hand or voice.

Breach of confidentiality

EnsenadaDr - 6-27-2012 at 09:21 AM

Dennis has given his full consent for me to inform Nomads of his condition. He has read the posts, and find them all to be acceptable. I don't know how many times I need to repeat this.
Quote:

shari - 6-27-2012 at 09:31 AM

I keep checking back to this thread to FIND OUT how Dennis is doing because I care and hope my cheerleading for him is having a positive effect...GOOOOOOOOOOO Dennis! ( so ethical or unethical, please keep the updates coming)

I had a funny sort of vision and it gave me an idea...maybe D could have a personal secretary for an hour a day so he could dictate messages...of course SHE would be chosen by him for her...ummmm...typing skills and perhaps personal....wardrobe? just a thought...jejejeje

Jaybo - 6-27-2012 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I had a funny sort of vision and it gave me an idea...maybe D could have a personal secretary for an hour a day so he could dictate messages...of course SHE would be chosen by him for her...ummmm...typing skills and perhaps personal....wardrobe? just a thought...jejejeje

Shari, Like this gal?

shari - 6-27-2012 at 09:43 AM

Jaybo...winner winner chicken dinner as Woody says....

Dennis I bet you wish I was in charge of your welfare eh buddy?

ya !! THAT WILL WORK !!

captkw - 6-27-2012 at 09:44 AM

Dennis and Dagmar

EnsenadaDr - 6-27-2012 at 09:44 AM

I just have to comment...Dennis just LOVES the weather girl in San Diego, and she looks exactly like the picture...her name is Dagmar..now if Dick Kashey could set up a visit for Dennis from Dagmar...he would be ecstatic!!! (Since Dick knows all the celebrities.)
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaybo
Quote:
Originally posted by shari

Shari, Like this gal?

bajadock - 6-27-2012 at 09:47 AM

Dennis, Cheerleaders hoping to see you back in Ensenada sooooon! Hope you are having a good day today.

mtgoat666 - 6-27-2012 at 09:48 AM

Quote:
I just have to comment...Dennis just LOVES the weather girl in San Diego, and she looks exactly like the picture...her name is Dagmar..now if Dick Kashey could set up a visit for Dennis from Dagmar...he would be ecstatic!!! (Since Dick knows all the celebrities.)

dagmar is OK, but chrissy russo is hot!

Dagmar

EnsenadaDr - 6-27-2012 at 09:50 AM

Goat,

Dennis doesn't like too much makeup he likes the natural, girl next door type.
Quote:
Quote:

dagmar is OK, but chrissy russo is hot!

Pages:  1  2    4    6