BajaNomad

DENNIS is in the hospital.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

mtgoat666 - 6-27-2012 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Goat,

Dennis doesn't like too much makeup he likes the natural, girl next door type.
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
I just have to comment...Dennis just LOVES the weather girl in San Diego, and she looks exactly like the picture...her name is Dagmar..now if Dick Kashey could set up a visit for Dennis from Dagmar...he would be ecstatic!!! (Since Dick knows all the celebrities.)

dagmar is OK, but chrissy russo is hot!

i like my weather girls ****ty :lol::lol:

EnsenadaDr - 6-27-2012 at 10:01 AM

You mean you prefer Hurricanes category 5 over a calm, summer breeze, I get it.

Udo - 6-27-2012 at 10:26 AM

The same thing in a Mac with a 2.8ghz processor is almost $3,000.00!

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
WalMart has this loaded HP notebook with a 17.3"screen for only $397.00 - Really quite a deal right now.

HP Refurbished Charcoal Gray 17.3" g7-1329WM Laptop PC with AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M Accelerated Processor

Jaybo - 6-27-2012 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Jaybo...winner winner chicken dinner as Woody says....

Dennis I bet you wish I was in charge of your welfare eh buddy?

Shari, you should have seen all the pictures I had to witness looking for "sexy secretary taking dictation" in Google images search.. Glad I'm not blind... (yet)

shari - 6-27-2012 at 10:39 AM

Oh poor you Jaybo...I feel your pain amigo...what we wont do to help our friends feel better and have a chuckle eh!

Russ - 6-27-2012 at 10:48 AM

OK Dennis 25,000 views and 11 pages in 9 days it's times you get off the stool at Sharkys and stop this rouse. Besides I miss your comments and wisdom in all things important. ;)

DavidE - 6-27-2012 at 11:18 AM

Highly Recommended. The first (top) Alfa booster is the one I chose

http://www.data-alliance.net/servlet/Page?template=long-rang...

This AMPLIFIED USB extender will work with the ALFA or with TelCel's wireless Banda Ancha USB system. The long reach is necessary to place the antenna that has line-of-sight with the router if it is distant or on a cell tower.

http://www.data-alliance.net/servlet/-strse-722/USB-long-lon...

It does not take a wizard to plug this stuff in and use it. Slip the CD ROM min disc into the drive, plug in the antenna, click "install" and it's plug and play from there. I don't mess around in the "advanced" settings because I don't know what I am doing. But the WI-fi "bar count" on the bottom tray goes way, way, up and the computer sees an incredible increase in the number and signal strength of previously undetectable routers.

[Edited on 6-27-2012 by DavidE]

The realDagmar Midcap

durrelllrobert - 6-27-2012 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I just have to comment...Dennis just LOVES the weather girl in San Diego, and she looks exactly like the picture...her name is Dagmar..now if Dick Kashey could set up a visit for Dennis from Dagmar...he would be ecstatic!!! (Since Dick knows all the celebrities.)

Here you go DENNIS. The real Dagmar Midcap:

DavidE - 6-27-2012 at 12:00 PM

Whewee! That gal could start her own high pressure ridge!

Bob H - 6-27-2012 at 12:11 PM

I think Mulegena is referring to the HIPAA Privacy Rule. Here's everything one would want to know about HIPAA...

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/summary/i...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Any updates as to Dennis' physical condition should be coming to us through Dennis himself.

Its a breach of a medical professional's oath of discretion and patient privacy. We know that Janene is not Dennis' doctor; however, to discuss a person's health issues publicly is at the very least a possible social faux pas.

If the individual wishes their state to be known, health or financial, it should be done so with great restraint, discretion, respect and clearly only with the person's absolute trust and permission.

EnsenadaDr - 6-27-2012 at 12:46 PM

My first question is why no one seemed to be crying HIPAA during the Ron Hoff situation. No one even brought it up, people were going to the hospital, reporting his condition, many individuals, and no one was concerned about violating HIPAA.

I have worked in many hospitals. HIPAA came out about 15 years ago, as a result of patients suing hospitals for release of information. So now they formalize the HIPAA agreement, by having a worker for the institution sign an agreement that they will not reveal any inside information received from working in the facility where the patient was being cared for. I have signed no HIPAA agreement, and immediately I let Dennis know that I was going to post his condition. He had absolutely no problem with it.

bajafam - 6-27-2012 at 12:54 PM

No one was crying HIPAA because many people were tending to Ron, helping, etc. Right now it's solely you, "Dr" and we all have very valid reasons for not jumping on the "trust me I have his best interests in mind" wagon. Sorry, but try to see it from the standpoint of everyone here that has been privy to all of your previous unpleasant posts about Dennis and everything else.

Spot on!

danaeb - 6-27-2012 at 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafam
No one was crying HIPAA because many people were tending to Ron, helping, etc. Right now it's solely you, "Dr" and we all have very valid reasons for not jumping on the "trust me I have his best interests in mind" wagon. Sorry, but try to see it from the standpoint of everyone here that has been privy to all of your previous unpleasant posts about Dennis and everything else.

Unpleasant

EnsenadaDr - 6-27-2012 at 01:11 PM

I thought you got things cleared up yesterday by Ron. Do we need Ron to make daily well checks on Dennis? Then by all means ask him to do this. There are always two sides to the story, and at whatever age you are you should know this.
Quote:

mtgoat666 - 6-27-2012 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
I thought you got things cleared up yesterday by Ron. Do we need Ron to make daily well checks on Dennis? Then by all means ask him to do this. There are always two sides to the story, and at whatever age you are you should know this.
Quote:

lesson to janene:
lovers and less-than-lovers should not conduct their break-up-arguments on the internet for all to read and participate in!

EnsenadaDr - 6-27-2012 at 01:19 PM

Right now Dennis is reading the posts. He told me today that he felt the doubt was cleared up about him by Ron yesterday. If you guys still care about him the way you say you do, then stop being negative. For Gosh sakes, the man is still alive, be grateful for that. Please be mindful that he is reading every post. I am not going to bring up the past or start arguing with him because the man is not on a level playing field with me. After the man is finished with his acute rehab, which should be in about two weeks, I will release all the information you want. You got what you wanted, confirmation that he is not being mistreated, now what else do you want? I can't make Dennis post. Physically he is not able. I am going to buy him a computer today that has a voice activated program and see if it works.

[Edited on 6-27-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

Goat...

EnsenadaDr - 6-27-2012 at 01:23 PM

As much as I hate to admit it Goat, you are pretty funny!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lesson to janene:
lovers and less-than-lovers should not conduct their break-up-arguments on the internet for all to read and participate in!

bajafam - 6-27-2012 at 01:32 PM

Don't get all high and mighty because we don't immediately bow down and accept that you are now on his side with no ulterior motives. You did that to yourself. I am glad that his condition is improving, but I'm not ashamed to admit that from day one of this post, I was overwhelmed with a sense of dread. Sorry that you feel that you are being attacked and whatever, but come on, "There are always two sides to the story, and at whatever age you are you should know this." there are ACTUALLY many sides to any story....and most of those sides and "facts" are driven by something other than the truth.

DENNIS ~ Sweetie misses ya. I truly hope that all is as stated on this thread. Come back soon, ya old kook.

DR.ens.

captkw - 6-27-2012 at 01:59 PM

HOLA, I uderstand why..but myself a voice command to a machine scares the ____t out me !! next we will just have to think it.. funny thing.. almost all the gaget's on the first startreck has come to pass !! no??? now, where can I buy a transporter....."BEAM ME UP" K & T

KASHEYDOG - 6-27-2012 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I'll work on that A.S.A.P, Janeen......:yes:

Would Keri and / or Leslie from Channel 9 KUSI morning news work if Dagmar is tied up at my place .......:?:

[Edited on 6-27-12 by KASHEYDOG]

dagmar is tied up at my place !!

captkw - 6-27-2012 at 04:49 PM

KASHEYDOG - 6-27-2012 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw

dagmar is tied up at my place !!

It's a long story , captkw......:yes:

I won't bore you with the details here. We'll have a cold Pacifico sometime together OK...;)

David K - 6-27-2012 at 05:34 PM

I want anyone to know that I (and I bet most Nomads) appreciate assistance when in need, and I don't mind if it comes from a known friend, a known foe, or an unknown!

It doesn't matter what was said on an Internet forum a month ago if the good doctor is seeing to his needs now, does it?

In fact, other than well wishes for Dennis, there shouldn't be anything personal exposed here (online) beyond his basic condition, should there?

Just how motivated is someone in the future going to be to assist a Nomad if they know their help is going to be questioned for its motives, and other kinds of harassment? I mean, like why bother... who needs it?

Dennis, get well ... and tell us what you want to, if anything!

rts551 - 6-27-2012 at 07:41 PM

I agree 100%. Now David about that Power of Attorney that I need.

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I want anyone to know that I (and I bet most Nomads) appreciate assistance when in need, and I don't mind if it comes from a known friend, a known foe, or an unknown!

It doesn't matter what was said on an Internet forum a month ago if the good doctor is seeing to his needs now, does it?

In fact, other than well wishes for Dennis, there shouldn't be anything personal exposed here (online) beyond his basic condition, should there?

Just how motivated is someone in the future going to be to assist a Nomad if they know their help is going to be questioned for its motives, and other kinds of harassment? I mean, like why bother... who needs it?

Dennis, get well ... and tell us what you want to, if anything!

Russ - 6-28-2012 at 07:30 AM

Dennis, I'm trying to follow your recovery but there are Always a few Nomads that just have to air there dirty laundry anywhere there is an audience. I wish you a speedy recovery.

SFandH - 6-28-2012 at 08:37 AM

Guidebook on Stroke Rehabilitation

BajaGringo - 6-28-2012 at 08:40 AM

Go Dennis! A lot of friends here who truly care about you are pulling for your recovery. We know you have the spirit and will to pull yourself through this...

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2012 at 08:47 AM

DENNIS got his new computer with big keyboard 17 inch, and speech recognition program Dragon that David suggested loaded into his computer. He was signed into Nomad last night when I left San Diego. I know he has physical therapy this morning, so maybe he will not do anything until later. Let's all wait with baited breath for his first post!!

baited breath

captkw - 6-28-2012 at 09:02 AM

HOLA,LOL as a fisherman, I love that "baited breath" thats funny !! hope to hear from you dennis !!

[Edited on 6-28-2012 by captkw]

Skipjack Joe - 6-28-2012 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
DENNIS got his new computer with big keyboard 17 inch, and speech recognition program Dragon that David suggested loaded into his computer. He was signed into Nomad last night when I left San Diego. I know he has physical therapy this morning, so maybe he will not do anything until later. Let's all wait with baited breath for his first post!!

I'm hoping his breath doesn't smell like bait. That simply won't do if Dagmar is coming over.

Spellchecker DavidK, you're sleeping on the job.

David K - 6-28-2012 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

I'm hoping his breath doesn't smell like bait. That simply won't do if Dagmar is coming over.

I don't spell check English (or Spanish) 'words'... ONLY BAJA PLACE NAMES... :light: (I am a terrible speller and a poor typer too, lol)

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2012 at 10:00 AM

Pole Dancing

Dennis has a pole that goes from the ceiling to the floor next to his bed evidently they use that now for a person to pull himself out of bed with his strong arm, I thought it was really funny, I told Dennis wait till the Nomads know you are pole dancing in your room.

willyAirstream - 6-28-2012 at 10:35 AM

Sure Dennis sure - " evidently they use that now for a person to pull himself out of bed with his strong arm" good excuse, but we know Dennis had it installed for the weather girl and other entertainment. This has been confirmed by 3 authorized visitors, and the patrons of Sharkys.
Stay strong Dennis!

For Future Reference

durrelllrobert - 6-28-2012 at 11:03 AM

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE

Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR. Read and Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.

T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A
SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)
(i.e. Chicken Soup)

R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is
'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2012 at 11:08 AM

Trouble was Bob, no one was there with DENNIS for over 24 horas. NOTE do NOT attempt any of these questions after the person has been at Sharkey's.

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2012 at 12:01 PM

He had an ischemic stroke...so it would have helped.

DianaT - 6-28-2012 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Ah, but this misspelling may become an accepted usage as it is so common. From the World Wide Words

Q From Steve Gearhart: Where does the term baited breath come from, as in: ‘I am waiting with baited breath for your answer’?
A The correct spelling is actually bated breath but it’s so common these days to see it written as baited breath that there’s every chance that it will soon become the usual form, to the disgust of conservative speakers and the confusion of dictionary writers. Examples in newspapers and magazines are legion; this one appeared in the Daily Mirror on 12 April 2003: “She hasn’t responded yet but Michael is waiting with baited breath”.
It’s easy to mock, but there’s a real problem here. Bated and baited sound the same and we no longer use bated (let alone the verb to bate), outside this one set phrase, which has become an idiom. Confusion is almost inevitable. Bated here is a contraction of abated through loss of the unstressed first vowel (a process called aphesis); it means “reduced, lessened, lowered in force”. So bated breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing as a result of some strong emotion, such as terror or awe.
Shakespeare is the first writer known to use it, in The Merchant of Venice, in which Shylock says to Antonio: “Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key, / With bated breath and whisp’ring humbleness, / Say this ...”. Nearly three centuries later, Mark Twain employed it in Tom Sawyer: “Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale”.
For those who know the older spelling or who stop to consider the matter, baited breath evokes an incongruous image; Geoffrey Taylor humorously (and consciously) captured it in verse in his poem Cruel Clever Cat:
Sally, having swallowed cheese,
Directs down holes the scented breeze,
Enticing thus with baited breath
Nice mice to an untimely death.
[I’m indebted to Rainer Thonnes for telling me about this little ditty, which appears in an anthology called Catscript, edited by Marie Angel. However, it was first published in 1933 in a limited edition of Geoffrey Taylor’s poems entitled A Dash of Garlic.]

Common usage changes the language. For example, healthy is now accepted in place of healthful, and the Scrabble Dictionary even includes et for ate.

OK, now it is REALLY time for Dennis to get that computer to work and post as his thread had a slight hijack to add to the already confrontations. SOON I hope or I will post 13 pictures of my dogs and lots of bouncy happy faces---things you love to see around here.

goldhuntress - 6-28-2012 at 12:27 PM

My Mom was in the hospital and had a stroke right in front of me, there was instant help and basically no recovery. She was already on a blood thinner so they did nothing else at all for her because there was nothing else TO do. So I guess I'm not sold that 3 hour time business although I think it's just common sense that sooner is better. The best thing for recovery is rigorous PT. and even when that's over for the day practicing exercises on your own as much as you can. Dennis is right to not want distraction and to stay focused and visualize being 100% again.That's what going to get him there.

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2012 at 12:34 PM

Just spoke to Dennis, it appears he is having trouble operating the computer, so I will be up there this weekend to try to assist him.

DavidE - 6-28-2012 at 12:35 PM

Try a vertical pole with horizontal limbs. Vertical works good for sliding across the bed, horizontal legs for pulling oneself up. Horizontal also works for the palm of the hand pushing downward while gripping.

http://www.pamkaur.com.au/Images%20-%20Product/Canadian%20Cr...

Hint: Set these crutches in his room and tell him "These are for when you decide you are ready to use them".

DavidE - 6-29-2012 at 09:28 AM

I feel sorry for him to have to learn all the jargon, slick bypass moves, code mazes and other hurdles with a computer. God, I hated early DOS with *.* and // and LPT1 and LPT2.

I remember a computer geek friend, back in the eighties, who cried "Watch This!" He proceeded to do about a hundred keystrokes, and I heard a dial tone then a ringer going off. I replied "Wouldn't it have just been easier to pick up the phone and punch in seven numbers?" Boy, did he ever glare at me!

luv2fish - 6-30-2012 at 05:27 AM

Quote:
Just spoke to Dennis, it appears he is having trouble operating the computer, so I will be up there this weekend to try to assist him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X...

Good wprk Dr J.

Skipjack Joe - 6-30-2012 at 07:47 AM

Thanks so much for the video.

Dennis actually looks like he's in pretty good shape. Better than I expected.

P.S. Great beaver shot, Dennis.

[Edited on 6-30-2012 by Skipjack Joe]

EnsenadaDr - 6-30-2012 at 08:02 AM

Thank God for You Tube....Heaven knows no one wanted to take my word for anything, except Ron Hoff and David. Two individuals who know the importance of rehab and honoring patient's wishes.

KASHEYDOG - 6-30-2012 at 08:23 AM

Great video, Janeen.....:yes:... Thanks. It's good seeing Dennis up and gettin' around....:bounce:... You're doing a wonderful job of taking care of him and I know he appreciates it and so do all of us Nomads. YOU and Candice are angels...:saint:...:saint:

[Edited on 6-30-12 by KASHEYDOG]

Picture 131.bmp - 10kB

David K - 6-30-2012 at 08:31 AM

Great job... what a cool thing to bring Lulu across the border to re-unite her with Dennis. :bounce::bounce:

Islandbuilder - 6-30-2012 at 09:48 AM

Dennis, I've been off the board for a couple of months, been working in Alaska with very limited internet access. I was shocked and saddened to read of your stroke.
But, one of the graces of being so late to the issue is that I'm able to quickly move from first finding out that you're in trouble to seeing you sitting up and petting your dog!

There's no difficulty that's not eased by sinking your hand deep into dog fur.

Blessings amigo, good wishes for a quick and full recovery.

LancairDriver - 6-30-2012 at 11:33 AM

Wonderful thought in bringing Lulu to see Dennis. That had to have made his day.

Iflyfish - 6-30-2012 at 11:52 AM

Well now I know which one is better looking, Dennis or the Dog! Thanks for saving us from the pole dance Dennis, that would have been just too much!

Get the heck out of there! There are sick people there!

Wonderful to be able to actually see how you are doing, brilliant, just brilliant, pictures worth a thousand words!

Iflyfish

Cypress - 6-30-2012 at 11:54 AM

Dennis, Wishing you a happy fourth of July! Miss your input.. Looking foreward to your recovery so that you can resume your contributions to Baja Nomads.:yes:

The video said it all

thebajarunner - 6-30-2012 at 11:58 AM

For those who have doubted the motives of our lovely doc- Watch that video and stifle your rants!!!

The comfortable rapport between the irascible DENNIS and the elegant lady was so apparent.

And the DENNIS we all know would pitch her out with his one good arm if he sensed ulterior motives.

The Lulu part was good,
the message of his appreciation was PRICELESS!!!

DianaT - 6-30-2012 at 12:10 PM

OK Dennis ---- no more complaints about dog pictures on BN :biggrin:

We have now all seen your fur baby and she is adorable and sure had a big smile on her face being back with you! Best medicine for both of you.

Keep working long and hard in rehab so you and Lulu can be back together.

tiotomasbcs - 6-30-2012 at 12:28 PM

Fantastic! Video of Dennis w/ surprise visitor--His beloved dog. I bet that lifted his spirits!:bounce: Great idea and sure good to see him sittin up . you know he was worried even tho Lulu was in good hands. Very good work Doc Janene! Work hard and return soon, Amigo. Tio

windgrrl - 6-30-2012 at 12:34 PM

And most important of all...Lulu got to go see for herself how Dennis is doing!

The kindness you and your daughter showed arranging for the visit is a reminder to think how we can act to reduce someone's suffering or discomfort today. Never mind all the other crap for a brief and shining moment.

Good on ye,
w

Ateo - 6-30-2012 at 12:36 PM

Thanks for posting. That was nice to bring D's dog for a visit.

RIGHT ON !!!!!!

captkw - 6-30-2012 at 02:27 PM

F the rules...bringing the dog in!! ROCKS !!!

Dogs allowed!

EnsenadaDr - 6-30-2012 at 03:33 PM

Dogs are allowed at this facility!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
F the rules...bringing the dog in!! ROCKS !!!

[Edited on 6-30-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

Thanks doc

captkw - 6-30-2012 at 03:36 PM

Allowed or not..still cool in my book !!! I dont follow rules Myself.... K & T:lol:

estebanis - 6-30-2012 at 04:17 PM

Now that was cool! I wanted my Birddog Simon by my side so badly while I was in the Hosptial this month. What a wonderful thing to do!
Esteban.
PS That dog hasn't left my side since I've gotten home.

Bob H - 6-30-2012 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Great job... what a cool thing to bring Lulu across the border to re-unite her with Dennis. :bounce::bounce:

That video was fantastic! How nice was that?

wessongroup - 6-30-2012 at 08:59 PM

Cool avatar Bob... is that YOU .. :biggrin::biggrin:

shari - 6-30-2012 at 09:03 PM

awww geeeezo...thanks Doc for the sexy Dennis video...so very very touching! Looking pretty darn good big D!!! Lulu sure was happy too...love ya man.

Skipjack Joe - 7-7-2012 at 05:55 AM

No updates in over a week. That, after days of hourly updates.

How is Dennis doing?

DavidE - 7-7-2012 at 07:41 AM

Jeez, Skipjack Joe, you read my mind before I got up this morning. I hope Dennis remains optimistic.

I remember when I was a scrawny 16-year old, and decided one day to "get some muscles". I went to a gym every day after school for six months. Lifted weights, boxed, skipped rope, the whole bag of tricks. The end result was I lost weight and became more fit but I was still a skeleton. That sure taught me a lesson. Recovering from a stroke is as hard or harder. You have to *will* neurons to find bypass circuits in the brain through hard, repetitive training. I guess it's called physical therapy now. In Spanish...

"¡SI SE PUEDE!"

Udo - 7-7-2012 at 08:41 AM

Thanks for the video, luv2fish.

Really brought tears to my eyes!

Marc - 7-7-2012 at 08:50 AM

So good to have friends and support at times like this.

woody with a view - 7-7-2012 at 10:54 AM

love the stripper pole!

Get well, Dennis.

schwlind - 7-7-2012 at 03:22 PM

Will someone please give us a Dennis update...???

DianaT - 7-9-2012 at 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by schwlind
Will someone please give us a Dennis update...???

Bump

EnsenadaDr - 7-9-2012 at 10:44 AM

Dennis is doing great. He is moving around in a wheelchair, using his right arm. His left leg and left arm are moving, albeit weakly. He needs several more months of heavy duty rehab to get them strong enough to come home. He is not happy with the Kaiser rehab at their facility, he seems to feel they have given him a back seat to the Blue Cross insurance patients. The nurses aides left him on a toilet for 45 minutes, and he almost fell off. So right now the VA is making arrangements to transfer him to one of their facilities in San Diego. He is also walking with a quad walker, with alot of support. But he is not getting the hours of rehab they promised him. He is very anxious and determined to work harder. He said he is not ready to post at this time. I asked him why but he just answers he isn't ready. Hopefully he will get the rehab he needs at the VA facility.

Hook - 7-9-2012 at 10:49 AM

EnsenadaDR, is he reading posts on Nomads but just doesnt want to post?

EnsenadaDr - 7-9-2012 at 10:53 AM

You know Hook, he says he is reading them, and I have heard him make statements about posts, so I think he is reading them, but he never wants to get on the computer when I am in his room when I offer to help him. He has a brand new computer and hand held mouse per his request, but I don't know if there are some cognitive issues involved. He first told me he couldn't turn it on, then he didn't understand what to do next, but he doesn't want pursue it when I am around to assist him.

[Edited on 7-9-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

Skipjack Joe - 7-9-2012 at 11:15 AM

Quote:

He said he is not ready to post at this time. I asked him why but he just answers he isn't ready.

I understand completely. I felt the same about not seeing some people while in the hospital.

There's a certain amount of pride in your appearance or, in this case, what you write, and you don't want people to see or read your stuff until you feel right about it.

shari - 7-9-2012 at 11:28 AM

hip hip hooray for our man D!!!! this is my monday morning cheer for you Dennis...I put on a little short plaid skirt and tight shorty shirt...white...you get the picture right Dennis? and of course plumped up my pom poms for ya.

Thanks Doc for the update...go Dennis go...I'm glad you are determined to get things working again...we dont need you to post..most of us can imagine what you would say in lots of threads....you may have taken on a whole new personality in your new heightened awareness....just remember, we are there with you in spirit amigo...by your side when you most need us...my shoulder is there to lean on metaphorically anyway....keep at it buddy and you will succeed!

Whew, now I can get out of this skirt and back into shorts and flip flops.

DavidE - 7-9-2012 at 11:51 AM

Dennis, if you wish to, a single motive :yes:

Just one mouse click will say ten thousand words, yet not violate your privacy.

Hang in there bro' --- recovery is like sitting on the bank outwaiting a huge german brown trout. It seems like forever.

EnsenadaDr - 7-9-2012 at 11:57 AM

Lizard Lips will be making an in person visit with Dennis tomorrow, I am sure he will report back that he is the same old Dennis!!!

DianaT - 7-9-2012 at 11:59 AM

Thanks for the update Doc and I do hope he gets into a facility that will push him---sounds like he wants to be pushed and good for him.

It sounds like reading and posting on nomads is at the bottom of the priority list where it belongs. :yes:

Please just keep telling him that many people are pulling for him.

Quote:

I understand completely. I felt the same about not seeing some people while in the hospital.

There's a certain amount of pride in your appearance or, in this case, what you write, and you don't want people to see or read your stuff until you feel right about it.

:yes::yes:

Regaining health is what is important ---Baja Nomads is not really important in the overall scheme of things. Neither is that other forum. :saint:

[Edited on 7-9-2012 by DianaT]

EnsenadaDr - 7-9-2012 at 12:07 PM

I do think its a cognitive issue myself, but as you can imagine, I don't want to keep belaboring the point, he feels bad enough.
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Thanks for the update Doc and I do hope he gets into a facility that will push him---sounds like he wants to be pushed and good for him.

It sounds like reading and posting on nomads is at the bottom of the priority list where it belongs. :yes:

Please just keep telling him that many people are pulling for him.

Quote:

:yes::yes:

Regaining health is what is important ---

lizard lips - 7-10-2012 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Lizard Lips will be making an in person visit with Dennis tomorrow, I am sure he will report back that he is the same old Dennis!!!

I just got back to Ensenada after working in Oaxaca for the last three days and could not get over to see Dennis. I was going to see him after I landed but i was so tired I just couldn't make it. I will see him for sure on Saturday when I cross.

I am going to call him now......

woody with a view - 7-10-2012 at 03:42 PM

tell big D we miss him....

Russ - 7-10-2012 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

X2;D

Marc - 7-10-2012 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Quote:

X2;D

X3;D

Skipjack Joe - 7-10-2012 at 08:15 PM

Quote:

Don Drysdale?

EnsenadaDr - 7-11-2012 at 06:40 PM

Just to let you know I will no longer be handling Dennis' care. Dennis is very determined to get back to his home. He is targeting a goal to return home in approximately 3 weeks. I have several areas of disagreement with this, therefore, his friend, Pam AKA Molly, will be handling his care. Lindalou on this board also is Dennis' next door neighbor, so she can answer any of your questions. I will also be out of Mexico for at least a month starting August 15, when I finish medical school.

durrelllrobert - 7-11-2012 at 06:50 PM

I'll be returning from Canada next week and would like to stop and see him before heading back to Punta Banda on July 25th. Unless you think this is a bad ide send me a U2U and let me know where he is.

Hi Bob

EnsenadaDr - 7-11-2012 at 06:53 PM

Bob Please contact Pam with all inquiries as I will not know his current wishes by the time you get back. You might want to U2U LindaLou.
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
I'll be returning from Canada next week and would like to stop and see him before heading back to Punta Banda on July 25th. Unless you think this is a bad ide send me a U2U and let me know where he is.

Just My Two Cents of Opinion

Gypsy Jan - 7-11-2012 at 07:25 PM

I had a stroke five years ago

Luckily, it only affected my vision, hearing and balance. I was not taken to a hospital because it happened in my sleep and we only figured it out when I started running into the furniture and then I got an MRI in TJ where my affliction was diagnosed.

There is a lot of anger that comes when you become helpless and strangers tell you that you are "sick" and then you want to push back against the people who are dumping that information on you and controlling your environment.

Best wishes for a good recovery for Dennis, I am very fond of his sardonic comments on Baja and the world in general.

Hoping for his quick return to the Baja Nomad board.

Ateo - 7-11-2012 at 07:53 PM

Dennis,

I wish you the best. I hope you're doing better and I look forward to your return into BN land.

Having said that, no rush...................come back when you want to....

Best of luck......and know (as I'm sure you do) that it's not the same without you in Nomad land.

Later bro,

Ateo

mcfez - 7-12-2012 at 08:18 AM

lizard lips...............
Can you give us a short answer if DENNIS is in good hands now? Txs so much.

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Quote:

I just got back to Ensenada after working in Oaxaca for the last three days and could not get over to see Dennis. I was going to see him after I landed but i was so tired I just couldn't make it. I will see him for sure on Saturday when I cross.

I am going to call him now......

bajadock - 7-12-2012 at 10:39 PM

Dennis,
Hope you find some progress in each day.

For those not knowing, Dennis was instrumental in getting the first Golf4Ninos((2008) up and running with contacts, info, resources. And he did it without need4recognition.

I am NOT pretending to be a best friend of Dennis. I am just a friend and neighbor who lives a few hundred meters from his home.

Get well soon, AMIGO. SALUD!

Bob H - 7-12-2012 at 11:31 PM

I think about you alot DENNIS.... get well soon. Looking forward to your posts here on Nomad again.

Bob H

lizard lips - 7-13-2012 at 03:53 AM

Dennis is in GREAT hands now. No worries.

Lobsterman - 7-13-2012 at 04:12 AM

EnsenadaDr,

You are a good person to selfishly donate your time, energy, medical expertise and I'm sure $ to help a person out in real need. From the start of Dennis'medical emergency to handing it off to Pam you are to be congratuated for how smoothly everything transpired because of your management skills weaving your way through the morass of medical administrations and policies in two countries.

Why you did that for this shiftless buttcrack is beyond me. You have something in your heart and soul the hard hearted do not have. Why you only get grief from the keyboard commandos on this board shows the true natured of this group, "all talk and not action".

Good luck in your new adventures and enjoy yourself with family in hawaii. You have certainly earned a vacation. Also good luck with the medical boards you take soon. I know if I was sick I'd like you to look after me.

Dennis

lizard lips - 7-13-2012 at 05:37 AM

I guess I should have gone in to greater detail so there are no concerns about his current and prior handling. Dennis told me that Janene did a great job and really didn't expect her to step in like she did. The only thing he did say about Janene that was negative was that the medical staff at both facilities thought she was to demanding and she didn't hold back when she thought he was not getting the proper treatment. I feel that with her experience she saw things that needed correcting and voiced her concern in the only way she knew how. Dennis gave Janene both a credit and debit card for her use directly related to his needs and her expenses in that regard and there are NO issues there.

The only reason Dennis decided to have Janene step back is because she is leaving for Hawaii and he didn't want to burden her anymore. He is not going to the VA and decided to stay where he is until he feels he can return home.

He reads the posts on this board and appreciates all the positive concerns for his recovery. I'm sure when he is ready he will let everyone know himself how he is doing.

I will see him tomorrow morning. I am not Dennis's spokesman, just a friend as all of you are.

I have had words with Janene in the past only because I was concerned about Dennis's treatment and her not coming forth with information that I wanted. She has a way of communicating when she posts that is misunderstood, to say the least. I have told her more than once to just not respond but she won't leave it alone. Everyone is different and has baggage in their life that is private. Janene is VERY sensitive and a lot of people take advantage of that. I think it's time to just leave her alone. She did the best she could do for Dennis and had his back when he was down and for that she should be recognized as a friend and someone who can be trusted.

shari - 7-13-2012 at 06:33 AM

thank you so much Mr.Lips...a very informative post and thank YOU Doctora for your involvement...we gotta do what we gotta do.

love you D

Russ - 7-13-2012 at 06:33 AM

?

P1010008.jpg - 48kB

mtgoat666 - 7-13-2012 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
The only thing he did say about Janene that was negative was that the medical staff at both facilities thought she was to demanding and she didn't hold back when she thought he was not getting the proper treatment.

hospitals treat patients like widgets, especially patients that stay past 3 days. the reality is that patients need an advocate to fight against hospital factory-treatment. good for janene for yelling and screaming. if the advocate is timid and mute the hospital machine will run over the patient.

Skipjack Joe - 7-13-2012 at 06:48 AM

Huh..... :O:O:O:O:o She's running off to Hawaii with Dennis' credit cards. :O:O:O:O

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's funny how a post like that will get nomads storming the bastille.

The doctor has stepped up to the plate in a big way. She was often misunderstood because, as I see it, of her personality ("I did it ..... My way"). But nobody came close to doing for Dennis what she did.

A great big thank you.

Mula - 7-13-2012 at 06:49 AM

Hear, Hear for Janene!

wessongroup - 7-13-2012 at 06:52 AM

Totally agree goat.. my wife saved me twice .. :):)
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5