BajaNomad

Road conditions to Cabo

lasvegasbiker - 9-22-2003 at 04:45 PM

Rideing Motorcycle to Cabo area and need to know if anyone has any info on the road conditions now that Marty has hit. Hope to be in Loreto by sat evening and CSL on mon evening. Does anyone know if I have a chance, Or is it still too early to tell? Thanks Terry

LV Biker to CSL

Anonymous - 9-23-2003 at 03:59 PM

Text 6
LV Biker - It would be extreemly scary to ride your bike to BCS at this time - the roads will be impassable, so if you go do be prepared to sleep on the side of the road for up to a week at the wash-outs. We too live in LV, with property on Conception Bay, would not even consider returning until Spring. Read the posting from the La Paz newspaper today, from Marty.

Bajabus - 9-23-2003 at 05:52 PM

Highway 19 from TS to Cabo is impasable last I heard and I suspect it's the same on the other side. There are two new bridges built after hurricane juliette so once the water in the secondary arroyos subside it should be barely negotiable but possible in a few days. Don't quote, me my last update was this AM and no traffic was moving past Elias Calles (just south of Pescadero on the pacific side). If the ramps up to the new bridges washed out it could be a week or more. Juliette dumped 19+" of rain and nothing moved for over two weeks.