BajaNomad

DTG,awesome flick!!!

eetdrt88 - 5-4-2005 at 11:01 PM

we just returned from Dust to Glory at the local movie house,gotta say its one hell of a flick.....the aerial footage alone is worth going to see this movie for but the story of the racers and how baja eats some of them alive is just crazy....i had chills a few times from some of the slo-mo aerial shots of the motorcycles...actually Dana Brown does a good job at showing that this race is all about baja and people who love baja,might have to go see it again as its only there one more week

Bruce R Leech - 5-5-2005 at 07:00 AM

eetdrt88
do you or anybody know when this will show in Baja Sur.:bounce:

Bruce,

eetdrt88 - 5-5-2005 at 08:29 AM

i do not know,but theres alot of info about this movie on the web,thats how i found it was playing so close by....just by doing a yahoo search

Bruce R Leech - 5-5-2005 at 09:12 AM

thanks eetdrt88 I'm checking now. I'm going to be in La Paz all next week and I was hoping ti see it . I only get to the border about once every 4 years or so .

jono - 5-5-2005 at 09:34 AM

I just got done watching it three times in a row. I agree, awesome movie that I will want to buy on DVD when it comes out.

The only thing that was missing, and I think this is kinda glaring, was a viewpoint from the locals of what it means to them to have the Baja 1000 held there every year. They showed this a little bit with the class 11 team, and Americans talking about all the locals coming out with shots of them but there wasn't anything from the actual locals' point of view of it their own words (interviews).

[Edited on 5-5-2005 by jono]

elgatoloco - 5-5-2005 at 02:07 PM

http://www.d2gfilm.com/

KurtG - 5-5-2005 at 02:15 PM

Its opening tomorrow in San Luis Obispo and running for a week, I plan to see it this weekend.

TMW - 5-5-2005 at 02:34 PM

jono that's a good point. I've been involved with almost every Score race and some others in Baja since 1987. I can't really say what the local (non-racer) view is. I think it's a little mixed. If they make money on it, it's great. If the racers almost run over me or tear up my property it's bad. Based on the reaction of the business community in Ensenada and San Felipe they are all for it. The poor family out on some remote ranch probably doesn't even know it exist unless it's run near them. I also know that if the government of Baja Sur had it's way the 1000 would run to La Paz every year.

lizard lips - 5-7-2005 at 07:55 AM

Last week I had work in Southern Mex. and when I returned to TJ I sometimes take the bus from the border "ABC' to Ensenada. When I got on the bus there was a documentary about the 1000 on the TV. Im thinking that it could'nt be DTG but the more I saw I was pretty much convinced. I was watching the race the morning they shot footage at the start and I remember all the "extra" helicopters. In the movie there was also a scene about Coco. Is this the movie and if it was then why is ABC bus lines IN Tijuana showing it when it has'nt come out on DVD yet? Black market for sure! Those resourseful Mexicans. You gotta luv em.......

bajalou - 5-7-2005 at 08:22 AM

Talking to Tunaeater yesterday and he mentioned DTG was playing in El Centro so wife and I headed right off to the mall to see it. Great racing shots Really enjoyed the first movie I've gone to in 7-8 years.

:biggrin: