BajaNomad

funny happenings in San antonio del mar

guero_con_taco - 5-5-2005 at 07:25 PM

So it was my first trip to baja lower than la fonda in a looong time. About 15 of us went to a beach house west of colonet. One buddy wrecks his chicks brand new rig on the dirt road out. Hes also responsible for 3 other people and 3 dogs getting back to the states. he also has a trailer with a dirt bike and a quad. The trailer gate breaks off and the quad comes loose and rolls off the back. Not knowing that it came off until he got to the house in the battered SUV at night. Got it back and then breaks the clutch on the banshee(neither the truck or the quad are his).
After fishing all day the boys brought about 70 lbs of fish and dropped it off at the local restaurant to be cooked and tutrned into ceviche. Later on that evening we went back for the feast to end all. Already drunk, we find out that the little track we have been driving on in the trucks is going to have a race the next day for motorcycles. So 3 friends enter the intermediate division because none of them have ever even raced before. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. No lie. And the funniest part was the friend who won was on the last 2 days of a surf trip and didnt have his bike. This is also the guy who has size 12 feet and had to race in skate shoes. This is also the guy who lapped our other buddy in 2nd. Amazing.
Oh I also had a tweaker in with a white curly wig on try to pick a fight with me because I laughed. I figured he was doing it to get laughs.
It sucks that I am tired of typing because some other classic moments happened that would take a while to set the scene for.
Now this newb knows what you nomads mean by "Only in Baja"
:spingrin:

guero_con_taco - 5-5-2005 at 07:29 PM

Whoops, maybe that belongs in the stories thread. :saint:

guero_con_taco - 5-5-2005 at 07:33 PM

here is most of the crew after the race, the rest of the girls are back en la casa. ;D