BajaNomad

Palapa Availability on Bahia de Conception?

Anonymous - 9-23-2003 at 11:21 AM

My family of 4 plan to make a first time trip to Baja during the Thanksgiving week. We would like to tent camp on the Bahia Concepcion. What is the chance of finding a palapa available on one of the beaches? My understanding is the palapas are first come first serve.We would like some sun and wind protection while camping. Which beach do you recommend for a first time baja tent camper.

Palapas

Ski Baja - 9-23-2003 at 12:08 PM

There are many areas on Bahia Concepcion with Palapas. Although, after this storm, we will see how many are still standing. Most all the beaches there have Palapas and some of the favorites are Santispac, Requeson, Bahia Coyote. They are all nice. If they are all crowded, just keep heading south along the bay, you will find something.
http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum

honda tom - 9-23-2003 at 01:14 PM

passed by conception 2 weeks ago and the entire place was empty, but thanksgiving is another story. i talked to some people at santispac, they said 4 bucs a night and they also sold water for showers. as the other poster said just keep heading south and youll find something.

Bahia De Concepcion

Baja Red - 9-24-2003 at 09:00 AM

Hey Ski...Great picture...which one of the dogs were driving??:lol: I stayed a little too late one night @ Bahia De Coyote (tequila anyone??) and the tide came in. "Had" to spend the night. Beautiful Bay. :coolup:

Cheaufer

Ski Baja - 9-24-2003 at 09:12 AM

Unfortunately, Andi (the black one ) can't reach the pedals so she and I sit in the back watching TV and drinking Ballenas while Big (the other one) carts us around.
Andi is learning to make Chile Rellenos though so it all works out.:biggrin: