BajaNomad

Less Baja Travelrs Now?

viajero - 9-24-2003 at 10:53 AM

At the risk of being flamed, I have noted a lesser number of people traveling to Baja lately and wonder why it is so. I know there are many lurkers reading the posts each day and if they haven't returned or plan on returning to Baja why. Fuel costs, economy, crime worries, police/judical concerns, what ever. What's your take on the situation?

MrBillM - 9-24-2003 at 11:14 AM

Tourism to Baja dropped by as much as 60-70 % in the months following 911 and has been slow in recovering, possibly compounded by the rise in prices.

baja Steve - 9-24-2003 at 11:34 AM

I have been coming to Baja for 10 years and will be returning Dec. 1st. for about three months. As for my self I have changed places that I go mostly because of the rising cost in some areas. In normal times I come about the end of Dec but because of Marty I will be in Baja the first of Dec. and will bring what ever I can that the locals can use.

Rosarito Tourism

Ski Baja - 9-24-2003 at 12:27 PM

Hola Gull, guess we're vecinos. I have noticed more and more tour buses every year. Been by Puerto Nuevo on a weekend lately ? Yikes!
As far as the southern cities in Baja, I think the majority of tourists are from Canada and Europe these days as they don't read or care about the nonsense printed in the U.S. papers regarding Mexico.
Seemed a little peculiar to me in Feb. in fact. Why was everyone saying "eh" after everything? Seems that those other countries are taking advantage of Baja much quicker than that country right next door.
hahahahahaha , That figures!