BajaNomad

Coco back at Coco's Corner

John M - 5-16-2005 at 09:04 AM

We stopped there last Thursday, the 12th of May, and he was home. He has what looks to be a very painful condition on his left leg but was cheery and helpful as always. More trip details later. John M.

Coco's leg problem

Barry A. - 5-18-2005 at 09:35 AM

I personally do not know Coco----but it appears that many do. It seems to me that I have been hearing about Coco's leg for months-----what is with that? Is this "problem" not curable? Nobody should have to suffer with a "leg" problem forever.

Is there nothing that can be done?

Leg problem

John M - 5-18-2005 at 02:43 PM

Barry - and others, when we asked, he was reluctant to discuss it. Earlier posts suggested he may have recently been in Ensenada or Tijuana for treatment.

He showed us some salve from Australia he had been given and he was pleased with its effect on his sores.

It was our belief for some time that he has a diabetes condition of some sort although he tells that he lost his other leg in (a) a car accident or (b) got bit off by a shark, or.........?

We did not feel it was our place, nor proper, asking more questions since he seemed quite pleased with progress treating whatever the condition is, in the way he sees fit.

Plus, we have no expertise in this type of thing. A medically trained visitor may be able to give much better information than I.

John M.

John M----

Barry A. - 5-18-2005 at 02:50 PM

OK, thanks John. I now understand better. I appreciate your getting back to me on this------I guess there is nothing we can do if he does not appear to want any help.

Thanks again.

White Angel - 5-18-2005 at 04:11 PM

Oh the other leg..We stopped in to catch up with Coco in early April and he looked better than he has in years! I asked about his recent trouble (having read here that he'd had some) and he denied any problems at all to do with his health. He was trying to get us to take another kitten (smuggled one back across the border 8 yrs ago-a truly strange animal) and he was showing off his new TV's! I asked if I could put up a new sticker and he agreed; but got upset when he saw it and dragged me over to his trailer to show me he still had one up. He'd moved the traiers around. Same ole Coco; but really looked and acted fit and happy!

PJC - 5-18-2005 at 04:48 PM

Coco lost his good leg in an accident a few years back. He was loading water or fuel drums by Papa Fernandezes into the back of his truck. One got loose and fell on his good leg. The injuriy required an amputation. The whole story of how he delt with the injury and drove himself to Ensenada for the surgery is a very wild and an epic story. He is one tough Hombre!

I believe his "whole leg" has a constant issue with lack of circulation via complications from diabetes.

David K - 5-18-2005 at 04:51 PM

Yah, that's one of the stories...:yes::wow:

Coco worked in Ensenada for years and even at the Cielito Lindo resort before there ever was a Coco's Corner!

http://vivabaja.com/coco

I think he worked at El Faro beach near Ensenada in the 60's

BajaVida - 5-19-2005 at 08:33 AM

when I used to visit there as a very young boy