BajaNomad

Book Writers

jrbaja - 5-16-2005 at 01:49 PM

I was just wondering, are there any of the "Nomads" who aren't either writing books or making calenders on Baja?:lol:

Sharksbaja - 5-16-2005 at 02:22 PM

I would like to, but I spend most of my time recreating smilies....

Dave - 5-16-2005 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
I was just wondering, are there any of the "Nomads" who aren't either writing books or making calenders on Baja?:lol:

JR, I see an opportunity here. Can you make paper out of bamboo?

Writing Baja books

Baja Bernie - 5-16-2005 at 03:56 PM

JR,
I was right in the middle of a short story , Titled ?JR THE BORED BAJA BAMBOO BODY? Unfortunately, I was distracted by Dave?s comment on bamboo paper?so I sent out for some rice paper?a few grains worth will do.

So, how do you affix those laughing heads????

Neal Johns - 5-16-2005 at 03:57 PM

TP?

Sharks----now THAT is a smiley !!!!!

Barry A. - 5-16-2005 at 04:58 PM

That reflects the way I feel about Baja-----but not about the wise-guys that won't give me hints on posting my own smileys. I am still looking for a 15 year old.

No books or calendars for me. Yet---------

bajajudy - 5-16-2005 at 05:24 PM

I truly do not understand the facination with the smiley faces.
Be thankful Barry that you have not figured it out. and senor normal you should be able to make us laugh, cry, whatever without them!
My two cents worth:
certainly not worth anymore than that.

Sharksbaja - 5-16-2005 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A
Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
I truly do not understand the facination with the smiley faces.

It's a guy thing. Make it work or screw it up.

who's obsessed:?:

Sharksbaja

Baja Bernie - 5-16-2005 at 05:50 PM

Terrible way to go through life---how do you guzzle a beer in that position?

lOOK--LOOK!!!

Baja Bernie - 5-16-2005 at 05:56 PM

:tumble::spingrin::spingrin::tumble:;D;):yes::bounce::biggrin::lol::lol::lol::biggrin::biggrin::tumble::spingrin:;D;);):yes::lol:

I did it and I am so proud! Now I will not have to worry about my limited, guy, abilities no mor'.

Thanks to my mentor Hose A.

Bruce R Leech - 5-16-2005 at 06:12 PM

the Mis spaled Baja giede
by Bruce R Leech.:lol:

Sharksbaja - 5-16-2005 at 06:16 PM

u wre missed, welcome back Bruce:coolup:

Cyndarouh - 5-16-2005 at 06:33 PM

I second that Welcome back Bruce. Hope what ever you did was Fun, :rolleyes::saint::spingrin::wow::bounce::D

Bruce R Leech - 5-16-2005 at 07:38 PM

thanks had a grate vacation not one Internet caf

Books on Baja

academicanarchist - 5-17-2005 at 04:16 AM

I'm not writing a book on Baja right now. I am unpacking my things in my new apartment.

Pomp

Baja Bernie - 5-17-2005 at 08:04 AM

Nothing like planning for that age when one matures and no longer needs friends so much as additional income.

Relying on the kids sucks!

I thought so

jrbaja - 5-17-2005 at 12:20 PM

you guys couldn't even answer my question without making it into a dang book!:lol:

And si Sr. Dave. They have been using bamboo for paper for long long time and still do. They are now experimenting with making it better and a way to use up the bamboo scraps, of which there is very little.

And just wait until one of you guys start a very very serious thread and see what kinda libro I turn it into.:lol:

Mr. Popularity....

Sharksbaja - 5-17-2005 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
you guys couldn't even answer my question without making it into a dang book!:lol:

And si Sr. Dave. They have been using bamboo for paper for long long time and still do. They are now experimenting with making it better and a way to use up the bamboo scraps, of which there is very little.

And just wait until one of you guys start a very very serious thread and see what kinda libro I turn it into.:lol:

I see what you mean JR. If I had posted the same message I would maybe get a reply. But then again, why would I want people tearing me apart if not pumping up my ego.. You just never know what turns people on(or off).:lol:

JR

Baja Bernie - 5-17-2005 at 04:31 PM

From one Baja person to another--no threats allowed--it was a fun thread--thank you so much.AND I learned this:P::P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

JESSE - 5-17-2005 at 04:32 PM

I would love to writte a book, i just don?t have a clue on how to go about it, any advice?

bajajudy - 5-17-2005 at 05:42 PM

Jesse
THEY say to start a diary.

Thanks Bernie

jrbaja - 5-18-2005 at 12:52 PM

I'm really just trying to catch up to David on posts about nothing. Maybe then I would be a Baja "guru" hahahahahahahahaha

Bruce R Leech - 5-18-2005 at 12:56 PM

I want to write a book on making bamboo salt shakers but I cant find any bamboo to practice on.

I heard you were in La Paz

jrbaja - 5-18-2005 at 12:58 PM

Maybe you should have stopped by and done some salt shaker investigation!

Hmmmm

jrbaja - 5-19-2005 at 02:56 PM

I guess I can write a book then:lol:

Bruce R Leech - 5-19-2005 at 03:23 PM

Sorry Jrbaja our business at the water commission took to many days. you know Mexican bureaucrats.

M

M - 5-20-2005 at 06:53 PM

Got the stories, got the title, 'Rattlesnakes and Wet dreams'.
Never did pursue publishing though, mostly for when I'm 80 (if I live that long) and can look back on all the insane things I did on that peninsula when I was a 'young baja babe':lol:
Hugs, M

M

Baja Bernie - 5-20-2005 at 07:00 PM

I'm thinking of blackmailing you! I have all of those stories and could easily place them here--if you don't get busy and work them into a fantastic book. No more excuses about broken bones.

M's first great story photos...

David K - 5-20-2005 at 07:06 PM

'M' and the El Tomatal mystery (Baja's E.T.)

This was how Michelle came to Amigos de Baja... seeking information or anyone else's weird happenings in Baja!

Also M's Total Eclipse photos (with Graham Mackintosh) and more... in the Contributed Photos section at VivaBaja.com