BajaNomad

Rosarito police chief executed

Dave - 5-21-2005 at 05:35 PM

The Rosarito police chief was killed this morning, gunned down in front of his home.

surfer jim - 5-21-2005 at 05:44 PM

Not sure if I feel sad or happy.....:?:

Bruce R Leech - 5-21-2005 at 05:45 PM

another one bites the dirt.

Bob H - 5-21-2005 at 06:02 PM

Supposedly six people are in custody. WOW
Rosarito is now like TJ, huh?
Bob H

JESSE - 5-21-2005 at 06:07 PM

Easy money will get you an exit like that.

comitan - 5-21-2005 at 06:13 PM

I nominate JR for the new chief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yes::yes::yes:

Hose A , funny you should say that

Keri - 5-21-2005 at 06:50 PM

Thats the rumors I heard this morning. Didn't want to post because I couldn't verify,k

pokey - 5-22-2005 at 10:31 AM

I wonder if this will have a negative effect on the tourism industry?

pascuale - 5-22-2005 at 10:36 AM

I just got back from Rosarito Beach. I went for a surfing video premier that was playing at the Festival Plaza. The place is just one ugly, loud, dirty, drunken party. You couldnt go anywhere without hearing ganster rap beating at your eardrums. I could tell that there was alot of corruption going on. People will do anything to make a buck there. I saw several people vomiting in the streets, fights, etc. I hate that place and probably wont ever go back. Drive right thru.

Bob H - 5-22-2005 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pascuale
I saw several people vomiting in the streets, fights, etc. I hate that place and probably wont ever go back. Drive right thru.

It is still worth it to stop and have a couple of "perrones" at Tacos Yaqui! For sure. Then move on. :spingrin:

Packoderm - 5-22-2005 at 11:01 AM

Everything sounds cool except the gangster rap.

Tourism

MrBillM - 5-22-2005 at 11:05 AM

An article in Today's (Sunday) Los Angeles Times reports the dramatic drop-off in U.S. tourism to Nuevo Laredo due to the sharp increase in violence. Should it continue at the present rate in Baja, I would imagine that it will have similar effect.

Mr. BillM

Baja Bernie - 5-22-2005 at 11:17 AM

And that will mean fewer people to prey apon. Guess who.

pascuale - 5-22-2005 at 10:32 PM

It was still better than being at home. The tacos at el Norteno were good.

Sharksbaja - 5-22-2005 at 10:47 PM

Quote:
[I just got back from Rosarito Beach. I went for a surfing video premier that was playing at the Festival Plaza. The place is just one ugly, loud, dirty, drunken party. You couldnt go anywhere without hearing ganster rap beating at your eardrums. I could tell that there was alot of corruption going on. People will do anything to make a buck there. I saw several people vomiting in the streets, fights, etc. I hate that place and probably wont ever go back. Drive right thru.

Quote:
Originally posted by pascuale
It was still better than being at home. The tacos at el Norteno were good.

Good grief! Where do you live now?

yankeeirishman - 5-23-2005 at 09:29 AM

So.... the Rosarito police chief was assumed to be a bad guy here? Or...was it proven that he is scumbag? It?s a serious question here.
I feel for his family (you know, his kids and wife). Hopefully they do not read this forum!

JESSE - 5-23-2005 at 01:44 PM

One of ther rules of Drug trafficking, is not to kill clean cops, thats why when a cop arrests a drug trafficker, and the cop is not on the payrol of anybody, he is left alone.

Dave - 5-23-2005 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
One of ther rules of Drug trafficking, is not to kill clean cops, thats why when a cop arrests a drug trafficker, and the cop is not on the payrol of anybody, he is left alone.

You're kidding, right?

The mafia will kill you just for fun. There is no honor among thieves, and no rules. Anyway, I don't think the mafia killed him. At least not the ones who don't wear uniforms.;D

synch - 5-26-2005 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Everything sounds cool except the gangster rap.

You misspelled - forgot the "c" in front of the word rap.

JESSE - 5-26-2005 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

You're kidding, right?

The mafia will kill you just for fun. There is no honor among thieves, and no rules. Anyway, I don't think the mafia killed him. At least not the ones who don't wear uniforms.;D

I am not kidding Dave, theres certain codes and rules, off course theres crazy people everywhere, but in general, they do have rules.

Those that wear uniforms work for those that dont, they would never kill him unless there was plenty of money involved.

neilmac - 5-27-2005 at 08:18 AM

Does anybody know the real deal on this chief? I thought his rep was 1. clean, and 2. hard on the narcos..... if so, then the dealers took a piece off the board that was bothering them.

They're whacking the reporters and the cops... when they get to politicians and judges, it'll be just like Columbia in the 80's... Pablo Escobar all over again..... ya think there's border trouble now; wait'll the Mexican 'FARC' starts runnin around Sonora and Chihuahua... shades of Pancho Villa

'all the federales say....'

Neil

Tha amazing thing is that

jrbaja - 5-27-2005 at 09:14 AM

it sure hasn't slowed the number of people moving here down any. Too bad!

lizard lips - 5-28-2005 at 08:19 AM

Code, ethics? Drug dealers dont care who they kill. Im sure they cant sleep at night when some poor innocent soul gets in the way of their bullets or overdoses on their product. What really amazes me is that some of you really believe it. Soon this problem will be so out of hand that the military will get involved alot more than they already are and that essentially means that the wolf will be allowed into the hen house! The door will be wide open. Thats when you will see retired generals driving new Hummers---some already are.......

Lizardlips

Baja Bernie - 5-28-2005 at 12:44 PM

You hit that one right out of the park.

The Generals are remembering when they could send a simple Mexican Senator straight to Mexico and Prison with the approval of no one. This occured all the time back in the 50's and 60's.

The narco gangs will soon learn that the Generals outgun everyone and that they have no need to be paid off by punks.

So the Mexicans will, again, have men of 'honor' running the place. :lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-28-2005 by Baja Bernie]