BajaNomad

The Bachelor Goes to Loreto

Ken Bondy - 5-22-2005 at 09:56 AM

My wife makes me watch all the reality shows, Survivor, Amazing Race, Fear Factor, etc. (that's a disclaimer, it's not my fault). One of her favorites is The Bachelor (occasionally, The Bachelorette). The current Bachelor episode just completed, and I was interested to note that a segment of the show was shot in Loreto, where the Bachelor had dates with the last two candidates for his eternal love. They stayed at the Posada de Las Flores, and the segment included snuggling in the rooftop pool, talking at the bar, etc.

As the credits for the last show rolled, I noticed one that said that "travel and lodging in Loreto arranged by Loreto Bay Villages". Wow, that was interesting. That must have set LBV back quite a bit, bringing the whole production staff down to Loreto and putting them up at the pricey Posada de Las Flores. Probably a good investment though, since Loreto looked great and everybody said nice things about it. It begs the question, however, why they didn't do the show out at the Camino Real, where LBV has an office and, I thought, an affiliation.

There is no relevant point to this post, just thought it was interesting and wonder if anyone else (whose wives make them watch reality shows) noticed it. More proof that I need to get a life.

++Ken++