BajaNomad

Restaurante Carmelita

Bruce R Leech - 5-30-2005 at 01:17 PM

I took the family to Restaurante Carmelita yesterday and once again had a exultant meal with Good service of traditional Mexican food in Baja trucker cuisine. in some ways I hate to even mention it because I think to much tourist traffic will ruin this place. and they are doing very well with the truckers and Buses. But if you get a chance give it a try. 6 dinners and refreshments for 320 pesos.

leaner is meaner

Sharksbaja - 5-30-2005 at 01:46 PM

Is that near the Microwave tower south of Mulege? I don't think the Cabo bound tourist would be so inclined, maybe if there was a Wal-Mart close by. It's nice of you to promote their place. It was the quietest Memorial Day weekend for us I can remember.:wow: Americans are on a different tangent food-wise since 9/11 it seems. It appears that the trend towards leaner, less fat food has reversed course. The meals of choice today......fish & chips, chowder, meat and potatoes, biscuits and gravy. A true republicans' menu.:lol:
You are what you eat, and unlike the lean steer in Mexico, the cows in this country are mighty marbled.
I should invest is those anti-gravity belts and 'The Scooter Store" while the goings good.

Bruce R Leech - 5-30-2005 at 04:24 PM

it is half way between the Pemex and El Tiburon south of Mulege on # 1

rpleger - 5-31-2005 at 09:17 AM

THE BEST