BajaNomad

New life to the board

Baja Bernie - 6-8-2005 at 05:54 PM

Just had the newby, Frank, drop by the house for a short visit. He really lit my fire, He was standing still but he was so jazzed about Baja that he appeared to be bouncing up and down with an eagerness to get down there and catch some fish with his kids. Really nice guy and should be a positive addition to this forum.

We kicked some experiences around and he agreed to post a trip report when he returns. I asked him to make some of the report from the eyes of his kids and he agreed. Looking forward to his report?it should be an snappy one.

Frank - 6-8-2005 at 06:44 PM

Hey Bernie,
Nice to meeting you today. Yeah Im like a little kid waiting to go on a big trip. I cant sleep, Im too excited. I could of spent hours listening to you talk about Baja.
Im glad I got all 4 books. Im 35 pages into Mi Baja already. So far my favortie lines are,
" Getting older doesnt matter, it only matters that you live your life with your family and friends and that you extend your hand in friendship to all of the wonderful people around you."
This what I will remember as I drive Mex1, southbound on my next adventure in life, and try to breath to the rhythm of the crashing waves.
Thanks Bernie!
Frank

Frank - 6-8-2005 at 06:50 PM

My 11 year old last year...

Me No - 6-8-2005 at 07:10 PM

To answer your question on the bottom. YES! go have fun.:biggrin:

David K - 6-8-2005 at 07:16 PM

Frank... welcome aboard! Talking Baja is what this forum is all about (or the prefered topic, anyway)!

If you want to overdose on photos of off the beaten path spots or follow links to other Baja places, check out my web site: http://VivaBaja.com and my Baja Notebook: http://community-2.webtv.net/drdrip/notes (these two links are at the bottom of my posts here on Nomad... Email or U2U me your address if you want a 'got baja?' sticker, or two!:D

Frank - 6-8-2005 at 07:28 PM

Hey David,
I just got my "Got Baja" stickers in the mail today!
Thanks.

Me No - 6-9-2005 at 07:50 PM

Frank, you screwed up. Those bumper stickers are the Baja high sign to take all of your possesions. Every thief from TJ to Cabo is going to know you are a sucker!:moon:

David K - 6-9-2005 at 08:07 PM

That still beats being just a stupid gringo jerk who hates people becoming friends here... :lol::lol::lol:

Me No - 6-9-2005 at 08:12 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah! You are right. Everyone wants to go to Mexico and be a target. :bounce::bounce:

Did I mention my web site? OH, I don't have one.Doh!:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by Me No]

hey frank...

eetdrt88 - 6-9-2005 at 08:30 PM

where exactly are you heading in baja???

Frank - 6-9-2005 at 08:47 PM

I will be going to Los Barriles, and staying at Verdugos. This year we will be species fishing. We will try to catch as many different types of fish as possible. All Catch Photograph and Release of course. Unless the Dorado and Marlin wont stop calling our names at night.:lol:

Target? Ahh, it just adds to the experience. As far as making friends, you can never have enough. More spanish would help, but it makes it more interesting sometimes.
I've noticed for a bunch of people who love the laid back nature of Baja, there sure is a lot of "in-fighting". Everyone Ive met down south { and here so far} was always very friendly. Kinda confusing, but Im new so what the heck do I know. Im here for the ride!

Hola!

yankeeirishman - 6-9-2005 at 08:50 PM

Frank...I say "Welcome to the Forums" and Baja herself. There are great pictures of fish...here at the photos forum...for the boy to (_o)(_o) at. If you ever visit San Felipe...feel free to use our lot at Campos Octilio (it has power). Good travels to you and the son.

yea, some of us...

eetdrt88 - 6-9-2005 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank

I've noticed for a bunch of people who love the laid back nature of Baja, there sure is a lot of "in-fighting". Everyone Ive met down south { and here so far} was always very friendly. Kinda confusing, but Im new so what the heck do I know. Im here for the ride!
that cant be in baja as often as we like get a little uptight....but it's definitely worth sticking around because some really funny stuff goes on here and theres a lot of interesting baja info being shared:yes::yes:

Me No - 6-9-2005 at 09:00 PM

Ahh, come on Frank. It's not infighting, its toofamiliarity. To be honest, the only thing those bumperstickers make you a target of is a kookbuster sticker to go on top of it. Its all just for ego anyway, so who gives a crap, but a few chicken coupers. Just so you know, Me no is how you pronounce Minnow, if you were Mexican. That is the name of my boat.

Have fun here, but if you think every thing you read here is reality, or the impression of someone from a few written words, is how that person really is, then you probably won't like it much at Nomads.

Here's a few Me No philosophies.

1) I fish, therefore I am.

2) Arguing with people on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you still are a /pc/ Mentally challenged individual. :lol::lol:

Mo Betta is That You?

Big Al - 6-9-2005 at 09:20 PM

Frank:

I didn't know you were not aware of this forum. BTW I finally got my trailer and the price was right, free. Well it did cost me $16 do launch the boat on top of it at miramar landfill for its final voyage.

I got the same itch. We are leaving for BOLA with the Klamath on the 22nd. Wish I was heading to Verdugos with you, but we don't ahve enough time.

Big Al

Once again, this started out to be a nice little thread...

vgabndo - 6-9-2005 at 09:29 PM

Me KNOW: This time I think you got it right; the part about you being mentally challanged that is. Give us all a break, OK? It's too damned difficult to figure out which posts to read with you constantly popping off. Come Tribal Council time, I'm votin' you off this island.

Me No - 6-9-2005 at 09:45 PM

Vgabndo, I actually had that idea a few months back. An internet "Survivor" so to speak.

Hmmm. Do you know it is possible to start a poll?

However, read my first post. Burnett. DK started the BS, not me. A response is a whole other thing.:O

Did I mention my web site. You figure it out.

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by Me No]:biggrin:

Frank - 6-9-2005 at 10:16 PM

:D Hey Al, yup its me!
I finally found this board. Glad you finally got another trailer and are up and running south too. Time....never enough is there?

Me No,
You havent seen in "fighting" until you go to a So. Cal. fishing website during winter:o So I completely understand. I also know that everyone is different in person, and nothing on here {cyberspace} is to be taken too serious. BTW Mo Betta is the name of my boat { Mo betta then the last one, fishing is Mo betta then workin etc etc kinda of a Pac. Islander thing}

Yankeeirishman,
Thanks for the offer. Truly unexpected and very Baja of you. Im in San Diego, if you need something let me know.

Everyone else,
thanks for the welcome and looks like I found a new hang out, somewhere I can get my baja fix when I cant get south.

Frank

elgatoloco - 6-9-2005 at 10:19 PM

Frank

Don't forget to post some of those pics on your return!

Frank - 6-9-2005 at 10:38 PM

Nice Golden, its on my list, but I think mine will probably be in leopard skin. Unless Iam as lucky as you are. Pics are a must.

Me No - 6-9-2005 at 10:45 PM

Yes, That golden certainly is Da kine! I remember my first. The only pic I have is blurry. Check my gallery at baja.net.

meanwhile here is my biggest.

http://www.geocities.com/tomas244/Minnow.html

just for the record. It was a black that died during the fight from a tail wrap. Could of cut the line but hand lined for an hour for the meat. Donated it to a foster program on Kona. That is, what the captn. didn't take.

Check out my Bisbees pics at www.baja.net

elgatoloco - 6-10-2005 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
Nice Golden, its on my list, but I think mine will probably be in leopard skin. Unless Iam as lucky as you are. Pics are a must.

We had learned that only 1-2 percent of leopards turn to the golden phase. We were having a slow day until the wifey insisted on throwing this one back. All of a sudden we hooked up with some yellows and then some big leopards and everyone in camp ate well that night. We were on Doc's Gecko I at the time.

bajaruby - 6-10-2005 at 08:39 AM

My father had caught a lot of fish down in Baja, but I never saw anything that pretty. It's a golden what?
Just curious.:wow:

elgatoloco - 6-10-2005 at 04:02 PM

Golden Grouper

click on this for more courtesy of Gene Kira's fish ID site.

http://www.bajadestinations.com/fishid/groupgolden/goldengro...

not to sound....

eetdrt88 - 6-11-2005 at 10:31 AM

like a total amateur but what is the best bait or lure for getting grouper????.i've fished at spots where i know that type of fish is located but had no luck as of yet:no:

Me No - 6-11-2005 at 02:55 PM

Try down rigging a rapala CD 18. Trolled very slowly at about 80 ft over a pinnacle. Then hold on for dear life, after the strike, as you turn the boat towads deep water.:O

[Edited on 6-11-2005 by Me No]