BajaNomad

Boring Sunday memoir....

Sharksbaja - 6-12-2005 at 03:07 PM

No offense :no:to anyone but I've found that Sundays are typically boring on this board. There is always fewer people posting on Sundays for some reason. Is this because everyone is in church:saint:, at a picnic:cool: or just plain out, doing stuff away from the stupid computer?:smug: Its' possible the other half won't allow it on the Sabbath:P Maybe the kids(if anyone has any ) have taken over the computer to play games.:moon: It may just be time to go on the "wagon" for a day of reality i.e. yardwork.:D In my case an endless battle.:( Maybe my lame postings are putting people to sleep. S:Orry! Me? I gotta go to work....sell some fish....

rpleger - 6-12-2005 at 03:12 PM

Just got home from a float at Burro Beach. My dogs and I had a great time. Another tough day in Mulege.

Sharksbaja - 6-12-2005 at 03:25 PM

exactly what I needed
to hear , thanx

Maybe Sunday is a do for others day?

Gypsy Jan - 6-12-2005 at 03:31 PM

Other than sitting around on the computer?

Anyway, spent the morning at breakfast with a very nice bunch of Baja people. Besides getting better acquainted with the very diverse backgrounds of the attendees who come from both sides of the border, we all contributed to a fund for a local orphanage.

Sorry, didn't complete my thought

Gypsy Jan - 6-12-2005 at 03:46 PM

Maybe Sunday is the day that people get up and go outside of whatever rut they are in and do something different.

Skipjack Joe - 6-12-2005 at 05:14 PM

Sharks, your posts are never boring.

I just ran out of things to say. What's that zen saying about the sound of one hand clapping? That's what it's like when your posts get no response. There ... I've posted and said nothing.

Let's party with Sharksbaja!

yankeeirishman - 6-12-2005 at 05:28 PM

David K - 6-12-2005 at 05:48 PM

Baja Angel and I just returned fropm a great weekend in Ensenada, Puerto Salina and Rosarito!

We met up with Bob H and Audrey at c-cktalaria Mazatlan... Dennis ('gotobaja') joined us... Lot's of photos coming! We were there from 1pm to 3:40 Saturday PM... Then Bob showed us an inexpensive motel in the center of town (Motel Caribe Inn) where we could crash later... more to tell!

Today we met at the La Salina harbor for breakfast with Bob H and Audrey... Later (after a drive by Mision Descanso) and some shopping along the free road we went to TACOS YAQUI in Rosarito!!!

Hey... I didn't mean to do a trip report here... stay tuned for a complete report (with photos)!

Bob H should have something to say, as well! By the way... I nominated him to be Baja Guru #2... He can tell you why!

tunaeater - 6-12-2005 at 05:56 PM

I'm busy packing all the stuff I probably won't use on my vacation to Cabo tomorrow. Looks like the fishing is very slow for offshore action at this time. I may have to take the kids shore fishing off of la playita or other spots along the way. Maybe a day trip to the East Cape. Oh well, I'm sure we will find plenty to keep us busy. Hey and maybe we won't

It's about 90 degs out by the pool today...

Mexray - 6-12-2005 at 05:57 PM

...in good old, South-Central, Northern California...and the Tecate is icy cold from the cooler ($13.50 per 30-pk - last week from Safeway up here!)

Still wish we were wiggling our toes in the warm waters of Bahia Concepcion, though!

All the Best...

Here's some of our 'Waterbabies' in our back yard...

[Edited on 6-13-2005 by Mexray]

idle time

Skipjack Joe - 6-12-2005 at 05:59 PM

Sharks, since you have so much time on your hands I have a little project. Make a list of all the major forum contributors on this board and define each one from this link.

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/index.htm

Don't bother looking for me. I already did that and couldn't find a match. The nearest thing I could find was this:

Shark

Baja Bernie - 6-12-2005 at 08:01 PM

This post really hit home with me because for over 30 years our Sundays were always spent in Baja with our Mexican friends. We would go down on Friday and that was the day I would wander around the campo to see what had been accomplished during the week. It was my time to visit with Chio, Ramon, Chicho, Ricardo, Gus, and the other guys who worked and in some cases lived in the campo.

Saturday ended up being the day that was spent with the gringo friends that came down for the weekend. You seldom saw these people until about noon because they normally visited with each other and told stories about the fish they caught and other gringo stuff while getting blitzed at the Cantina.

Sunday was the day to wish them a safe trip back to gringo land in the morning and then Sunday afternoon was spent with our Mexican friends. Fiesta time was a family time and people would come from miles around to visit, eat, dance and enjoy friends. It was the time to go to community events such as the fiesta?s to raise money to add plumbing and real banos to the school?to raise money for scholarships and all of that stuff.

Backing up?Saturday was the Mexican guys night because most of them worked 44 hours a week so they didn?t get off until about 1 pm. Kicking back and drinking beer and lying about what the week had broughtwas the order of the day.

Anyway! Damn Sundays is the hardest day of the week for me because we spent about 30 years of them with our friends and now I just sit here and read the small number of posts that Shark is complaining about?I agree with him because this day is now a very large hole in my life.

God! The idea of going out on the weekend in the States is just nuts. I just can not deal with the crowds after all of those peaceful weekends in Baja.
Monday was always our day to come back and earn some money to support our time in Baja. It was also the day that the sun shined it brightest?That?s why we coined the confusing saying---?Go home time is the best time in Baja.? If you stayed it would be June gloom time.

So, Shark, be happy that you can work and visit with friends at your place.

David K ?I am so glad that you are still visiting La Salina?I didn?t steer you wrong.