BajaNomad

Pet Peeves

Bajame - 6-17-2005 at 08:07 AM

How about the person that brags about how little they need to bring for a trip and then say things like, didn't think to bring a jacket to Baja! or a sweater, pancho, pillow, hiking boots, hat, enough pans, hammock, coffee, bug repellent, excedrin, extra sunglases, reading glasses, books, Sleeping mat under their sleeping bag and flash light, reading light and every time you look for something they are using it!:mad: Then later say, gee can't belive how much stuff you brought! Glad I don't need that much to make me happy!:?:

David K - 6-17-2005 at 08:09 AM

It is far better to have it, and not need it... Than to need it, and not have it...! Right?:bounce:

The Sculpin - 6-17-2005 at 08:16 AM

Actually, it is far better to have it, and nt need it so you can give it away to someone who does, than to need it, and not have it......but as we all know in baja, if we need it and don't have it, someone will probably have it and not need it, and give it to us!!!

How many times has that happened to any of us?

Countless times both ways for me.....

Leaving Sunday for 2, maybe 3, maybe 4 weeks or so....ahhhhhhhh

;)

yankeeirishman - 6-17-2005 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajame
How about the person that brags about how little they need to bring for a trip and then say things like, didn't think to bring a jacket to Baja! or a sweater, pancho, pillow, hiking boots, hat, enough pans, hammock, coffee, bug repellent, excedrin, extra sunglases, reading glasses, books, Sleeping mat under their sleeping bag and flash light, reading light and every time you look for something they are using it!:mad: Then later say, gee can't belive how much stuff you brought! Glad I don't need that much to make me happy!:?:

My best childhood buddy (and current) use to do that to me. I got tired of supporting his trips when he started to not bring his food! He no longer goes on the road trips with me.:cool:

Bruce R Leech - 6-17-2005 at 09:14 AM

yankeeirishman
that is the best solution to the problem I think.:bounce:

Bajame - 6-20-2005 at 10:28 AM

It a good feeling having things others can use thats what camping and friendship is all about
I enjoy my camping friends very much. What I have learned is that if something bothers you speak up don't let it simmer and you won't have to carry the issue any futher. Life is a constant learning process.:rolleyes: Confession: And Istill have a lot to learn!:?:

It is wise

jrbaja - 6-20-2005 at 10:54 AM

To plan trips prior to departure. Together! And those with experience with these trips should be responsible and let others know what is needed, prior to unhappy feelings later.:light:

Cincodemayo - 6-20-2005 at 02:12 PM

I thought all you need in Baja is mucho frio cervezas?:tumble: