BajaNomad

Trail Pictures???

Corky1 - 6-28-2005 at 07:21 PM

I need some info about the trail between mission Santa Gertrudis and rancho Santa Barbara.
A few pictures would be nice also.
Thanks in advance.

Corky

David K - 6-29-2005 at 12:34 AM

Corky, Kevin Ward has done it... do you have his email?

He is also the Baja motorcycle racer who rode his XR up to Mision Santa Maria from Gonzaga, and back... not without sustaining damage, however.

His Internet handle is 'slider'... not sure if it was Nomad OR Amigos de Baja where he posted... check search.

Anyway, he sent me a map showing his off road rides he has led groups on... Stuff that Kacey has in her book, like the ride between Pedregroso and La Turquesa canyon (Coco's shortcut/Kacey's XR Ride), San Francisquito to San Ignacio via Trinidad, and the ride to Santa Gertrudis from Santa Barbara.

Kevin was a location 'producer' for the filming of 'Dust to Glory'. I haven't communicated with him since the movie came out.

[Edited on 6-29-2005 by David K]

Corky1 - 6-29-2005 at 06:59 AM

David,
Couldn't find anything in Kacey's book about the trip from
Santa Gertrudis to Santa Barbara???
Do you have anything you could send me??
I will also check with Kevin.

Thank you,
Corky:lol::lol:

David K - 6-29-2005 at 08:53 AM

Sorry Corky, I didn't mean to imply that that one ride was in Kacey's book... the other two are. But, Kevin's map showed me he went on the Santa Gertrudis run from Santa Barbara... I do think. (I can't find his letter and map at the moment).

Corky1 - 6-29-2005 at 06:05 PM

Thanks David.
Please keep looking as you get time to spend on this.

Corky:lol: :lol: