BajaNomad

Traffic

Big Al - 7-5-2005 at 09:15 AM

Last trip to BOLA June 22, took about 10 hours to get there. I swear 1.5 hours was spent just getting through all of the lights in the Ensenada area and fighting the traffic. Once south of Maneadero, we made good time.

Next time I will hit that area around 5:00 Am before hte traffic builds too much.

Big Al

pappy - 7-5-2005 at 10:13 AM

good plan.we usually time it so we are runnin' thru ensenada no later than 6 am-the going then is smooth and quiet-quick too.

Agreed

allanbartlett - 7-5-2005 at 11:29 AM

I went to BOLA the first week of June and going through Ensenada was stop and go for about an hour. Going through all the little towns/villages before and at San Quintin was no picnic either. We got to the border at 9am and made it to BOLA at 6:30pm. We did make a few stops too for fish tacos in Ensenada at Castillo's Taco Stand and for gas in El Rosario. Castillos taco stand down there in Ensenada are the best fish tacos in the world. Come to think of it, McLulu's in Loreto ain't to shabby either. I think that's good advice to be through Ensenada by 6am.

http://juarezwonders.blogspot.com

bigboy - 7-5-2005 at 01:26 PM

Where is Castillo's taco stand located? Is it the place on the east side of the road a couple of miles north of Ensenada?

Re: Castillo's Taco Stand

allanbartlett - 7-5-2005 at 01:53 PM

I think your talking about a different one than I am. The way to get to Castillos is as your coming from the toll road going south, as you head down the malecon in Ensenada, you make a left turn at the big brown colored hotel(Mission Hotel I think is the name) and from there it is about a quarter mile down the street on the right hand side. You can't miss it. The best fish tacos in the world in my humble opinion.

http://juarezwonders.blogspot.com

The Sculpin - 7-5-2005 at 09:25 PM

Sorry, but the fish taco's right on Mex 1 in Mulege by the bus stop are the best in the world.

Marshalls in San Quintin is a damn close second...problem is they're not open much anymore.

What's with Carmelita's? She re-painted her truck and she stays at home? Food is still to die for, but it's not the same without her there. Maybe it was her day off?

:tumble: