BajaNomad

Just for Fun, Part II..Something New to Ponder

lindsay - 7-15-2005 at 05:48 PM

Happy Friday to all and thanks again to those who posted on the "Just for Fun Part I...if I was a Baja creature edition"...I enjoyed reading your thoughts so here's everyone's next assignment...yes, that's my teacher talk for your weekend homework...here goes:

You are going to spend the day at your favorite Baja playa and you can only bring 5 items to the beach with you...what do you take and why???

Here's my choices:
1) Sunscreen because I have the fair-skinned Irish blood from mom, pop and the other relatives...so I try to avoid the lobster look at all costs.
2) I don't necessarily need a towl if it's hot enough, I don't mind lying in the sand as long as I pick a beach that has fine enough sand but a towel I usually helpful.
3) A cooler is essential because I have to have my beverages and favorite snacks (that could be a whole other list of what goes in the cooler and I know you nomads would have a very colorful list to put here...One favorite snack that I discovered in Mulege is from our Sabritas friends, snack size peanut bags "Japones" style. They are coated, crunchy peanuts with a wasabi style kick on the outside shell, if you like peanuts and the enchilioso side of life, try them!!
4) Normally, I hit beaches with palapas so I have that all important shade but when it's really hot, there's nothing better than pitching an umbrella in the water, sitting in the shoreline sea and sipping your favorite cold beverage or even eating watermelon as my daughter decided would be big fun one day at Coyote Beach.
5) One more item to go here....so many options, what to choose?? It's basic but I gotta have my shades...a day at the playa without sunglasses always ends in a nasty headache for me and if there's any interesting scenery to watch, I can be more covert with those useful shades...:cool:

So, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on our day at the beach and for those of you currently in Baja California, take a dip for me!! :tumble:

Packoderm - 7-15-2005 at 05:49 PM

1. Beer

2. Cooler for the beer

3. Ice for the cooler

4. Bottle opener

5. More beer

Does snorkel equip. count as 1 or 4 items?

jrbaja - 7-15-2005 at 05:55 PM

If it's 4, mask, snorkel, 2 fins and a spear.
If it's 1, snorkel gear, beer, ice, sunglasses, underwater camera.

Mike Supino - 7-15-2005 at 06:01 PM

How many items does a six pack count as?
Just curious

CLAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS !!!

jrbaja - 7-15-2005 at 06:03 PM

You are not being serious here! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Baja Bernie - 7-15-2005 at 06:05 PM

Being somewhat old fashioned my list would be topped by
(1) my wife of almost 50 years-because I still love her
(2) our cat--see above
(3) money to enterain them with--see above
(4) adult beveridges for the friends that would wander by.--I like the beveridges and the people they attract
(5) water---well you can guess on this one

If I had a #6 it would be Deet for JR's friends further south.

Sure would like to see you get out of the teacher mode, let your hair down and mingle a bit more.--I know where you are is safe--but how much fun???

I enjoy her posts Bernie

jrbaja - 7-15-2005 at 06:08 PM

But then you see the maturity of my other posts as well!:lol::lol::lol:

JR

Baja Bernie - 7-15-2005 at 06:22 PM

How did you jump to the idea that I don't enjoy the Lady's approach?????

???

lindsay - 7-15-2005 at 06:27 PM

Not sure what you mean, Baja Bernie??

Do you mean that I don't post enough, put more opinions out here on the board or that living in San Diego is the safe part or my just for fun is lame?? Sorry if that's the case.

My teacher mode is more my personal style of posting a thought or question to get others conversing....

I would love to mingle more here on the boards but I'm a single mom working at an English school in SD full-time so my posting is limited to free time mostly before school or in the evenings after Sara has crashed into dreamland for the night. I enjoy your posts and as I said, I would mingle more but I have to use my work/child-rearing card as an excuse for now...

FYI..I used to be able to let my hair down more about ten years ago when I had the sterotypical long, blond hair but now it's short and easy care, so not able to let it down like those days gone by...:spingrin:

A Well-Hydrated Group Here...

lindsay - 7-15-2005 at 09:10 PM

Well, Sara snoozing now so I'm having my Baja break...so far it looks like everyone agrees on the staying hydrated area. Good idea for all of you down south right now or in any other desert or just plain hot locations....too bad I can't attach a little sweating icon but the closest thing I can choose from is this poor guy who got sick from maybe getting the wrong kind of "hydration"...:barf:

Sallysouth - 7-15-2005 at 09:30 PM

Thanks Teacher Linsay! We all need a little fun around here! This could be a poll but what the heck!I think I would say a fishing pole, tackle box,sand chair, towel, water, definatly sunglasses, and more water.Whoops, guess that was too many things.(where did I put the Margis?):spingrin::cool:

lindsay - 7-15-2005 at 10:20 PM

Don't worry everyone, I teach ESL not math so I'm not going to deduct anyone for going over the 5 item limit and JR, your choice on how you want to group the snorkel gear but as a package seems fair enough...the cooler contents too!!:yes:

roundtuit - 7-15-2005 at 10:40 PM

Thank you Lindsay for a good post that can't invite any trollers or flamers as this is this forum is about
:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:

Diver - 7-15-2005 at 10:51 PM

Here's mine in priority order;

1. cooler
2. sunscreen
3. beach lounger
4. snorkeling gear
5. raft/boat
6. both dogs
7. good book
8. my 2 kids
9. my dentist
10. my wife **

Do I get extra credit for more answers ?

**Just kidding honey :biggrin:

bajajudy - 7-16-2005 at 06:41 AM

cooler
umbrella
towel
sunscreen
shades
binoculars
a good book from Baja Books and Maps*

*sorry! couldnt resist

Bruce R Leech - 7-16-2005 at 08:30 AM

1 My family

2 my trailer full of toys, camping equipment, food and drink

3 Money to pay.

4 fire wood

5 enough gas in the tank to get home.

bajaruby - 7-16-2005 at 09:12 AM

1. My grand-daughters
2. Sunscreen for them
3. Water to drink
4. Food and beverages:?::tumble::lol:

Well Done Class...

lindsay - 7-16-2005 at 09:21 AM

Keep up the good work and I think everyone's passing this assignment with flying colors...Enjoy the weekend!!:yes:

bajajudy - 7-16-2005 at 09:24 AM

Gracias, mi maestra!
Que tenga un buen fin de semana tambien.

Lindalou - 7-16-2005 at 10:11 AM

I would bring my motorhome, it contains everything I would need for the beach including my cats my hubby, shade, fishing pole, food and all my drinks! LOL :)........Linda

Igualmente, Bajajudy

lindsay - 7-16-2005 at 10:16 AM

Didn't you post one time that you had been through the Mulege Museum recently?? Hope that all is well with you down south and I wish that I could enjoy some of that "bathwater" temps you have in the sea but up here it's getting close to 70 so for SD that's nice...Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

bajajudy - 7-16-2005 at 10:51 AM

Yep, really enjoyed the museum. We spent about 2 hours there. Lotsa cell shots. Creepy to think about being in one!
The most recent post was about the museum at Estero Beach Resort, which is also wonderful in a different way. Stop in there sometime; you will be pleasantly surprised.

no underwear or swim suit?

Sharksbaja - 7-17-2005 at 12:43 PM

So I take it your all naked on the beach?:cool::coolup::moon:

Yep

jrbaja - 7-17-2005 at 01:09 PM

"You are going to spend the day at your favorite Baja playa and you can only bring 5 items to the beach with you...what do you take and why???"

Only being allowed five items, a bathing suit is way down the list!

Sharksbaja - 7-17-2005 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
"You are going to spend the day at your favorite Baja playa and you can only bring 5 items to the beach with you...what do you take and why???"

Only being allowed five items, a bathing suit is way down the list!

The playas will be laden with 52 year old(the average Nomad age) naked fun-seekers.............now I am scared!:lol:

I guess the x-ray glasses stay home:lol:

excuse me.... x-ray sunglasses!

[Edited on 7-17-2005 by Sharksbaja]

yankeeirishman - 7-17-2005 at 02:57 PM

The kids and the Wify. Perhaps.......:?:

Boom box...play it loud and others all will stay away from you!

Potato salad, fried BBQ chicken, and a ton of Pepsi to wash in down. Add pie. Cherry. Big pie. Big napkins too :lol:

Snorkling / fishing gear. But them water blasters we have, superceeds all the other stuff!

Mirrored sunglasses. Keeps that ocean glare off of your peepers. Also keeps the Wify?s hand off your cheek (she cant see you checking out the hot babes on the beach!).

[Edited on 7-17-2005 by yankeeirishman]

"Add pie. Cherry. Big pie. Big napkins too "

jrbaja - 7-17-2005 at 03:15 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

pokey - 7-17-2005 at 03:42 PM

shorts, flip flops, shovel for digging clams and a bucket full of beer and for storing the clams.

Late night trips to the beach for grunion runs might consist of only flip flops and the bucket full of beer.

:lol::lol::lol: