BajaNomad

Wi-Fi hotspots in Loreto?

Arthur - 10-2-2003 at 10:28 AM

It's been a couple of years since I was in Loreto. Are there any Wi-Fi hotspots there yet -- like at that indoor/outdoor cafe near the church?

Also: What's the name of the two-story older hotel with a balcony right on the main street (north side),across from, I think, a hardware store and a kinda fancy one-story place? Sure liked it there.

By the way, there's a story on Wi-Fi for travelers in the SF Chronicle for Sunday, Oct. 5. Travel section, I think.

[Edited on 10-6-2003 by Arthur]

Anonymous - 10-2-2003 at 05:27 PM

You've got my curiosity going. What is Wi-Fi???- Stephanie

Bajabus - 10-2-2003 at 05:41 PM

wireless access to the INTERNET, either through a deliberate service that provides this access or taking advantage of folks private unprotected wireless networks. The later being also know as war driving. My company specializes in satellite communications and the sharing of this band width with such networks. (shameless plug)

Satellite Comm.

Ski Baja - 10-2-2003 at 07:30 PM

Bus, I am leaving for down south in the morning. I would love to talk with you about some projects when I am down there. Can I find you easily ?

Bajabus - 10-3-2003 at 05:10 AM

Well e-mail is the best, otherwise the last two weeks of Oct you can find me just past the 82KM below pescadero and TS. Ocean side. Ask anyone in EC and they can direct you.

David K - 10-3-2003 at 10:20 PM

I have the GPS if that helps J.R., as well.
See photo of 'the' Baja bus (with Max and Lynn) at http://davidksbaja.com/baja15 on the second page, I think.

Thanks Max for providing the Inn at Christmas for us! That was the greatest hammock!! We were sooo tired!

Photos

Capt. George - 10-4-2003 at 02:08 AM

Thanks David! Great pictures....just got a digital camera yesterday....we'll start figuring it out.....hopefully have a lot of photos during this coming winter....
George

motel

CJ - 10-4-2003 at 09:28 AM

Arthur,
The motel across from the hardware store is El Junipero. CJ:cool:

No WiFi in Loreto but plenty of internet cafes nfm

flyfishinPam - 10-10-2003 at 10:14 AM

Big Fish

Capt. George - 10-10-2003 at 10:21 AM

Pam, did you get my post complimenting you site....It is very informative. Thanks.

See you soon, Capt. George

backninedan - 10-10-2003 at 06:33 PM

George, I was hoping you were complementing Pam on her choice of pics used in the latest report, especially the dashing young man holding the fish lol.

Pam, I sent you an e-mail yesterday, if you have not received it give Misty or me a shout.

Dan/Oregon/Loreto