BajaNomad

Communications at the 2oo5 Festival

Bob H - 7-16-2005 at 04:06 PM

Someone brought this up before, but some sort of communication system would be great... I will be bringing a CB radio (what channel, pick 2 so we have an alternate). David and Surfer Jim and all the others that were at Matomi last Pres day all had CB's and they worked great.

surfer jim - 7-16-2005 at 06:35 PM

I'm getting started packing.....even some surf around....will scan all channels until I hear english.....12 and 22?.....

Bob H - 7-17-2005 at 02:02 PM

12 and 22 it is! Looking forward to this. I hope the surf is up for you. I used to surf in the late 60's in Miami but not much surf over there - only during hurricanes was it worth while, but a lot of fun then. Pre hurricane, Used to take the board out on a fishing pier and jump in! Quite a thrill.:O

surfer jim - 7-18-2005 at 07:28 AM

MIAMI?....that's where I am from....SOUTH BEACH was my second home....

I guess I will be

Hook - 7-18-2005 at 02:34 PM

INCOMMUNICADO.

No CB for me.:(

Bob H - 7-18-2005 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
MIAMI?....that's where I am from....SOUTH BEACH was my second home....

Youa are kidding me! I remember South Beach when there were nothing but retired old people sitting outside on the front porch of their motels just staring a people walking by. Now the place has changed entirely and has become one of the biggest hot-spots in the Miami Beach area. I used to surf there almost every day after school. Wow, what a small world it is.

Hook, I will have FRS (?) also but I only have one channel and I don't know what that is. I'll pull the stuff out and look it over and see if I get a clue.:saint: