BajaNomad

Cell phone service working in Mulege

Bruce R Leech - 7-19-2005 at 12:17 PM

Finley they have gotten the Cell phone service working in Mulege, although not up to 100 % yet it is a start.

rpleger - 7-19-2005 at 12:36 PM

Yes, I heard that today myself.

Bruce...

Mexray - 7-19-2005 at 03:12 PM

Have you heard if they have installed an antenna up on the 'Tiburon' microwave tower, south of town?

turtleandtoad - 7-19-2005 at 03:15 PM

Is this Telmex or someone else?

sorry to hear that

mulege marv - 7-19-2005 at 05:58 PM

that is one of the things i enjoyed about mulege. nobody walking around with a cell phone stuck to their head and pagers going off. it is truely a sad day !

who's the provider??

capt. mike - 7-19-2005 at 06:28 PM

i agree with Marv's sentiments but as only a frequent visitor with work going on stateside, this is GREAT news for me, now if only verizon will dial me in - can't wait to try it when i return, likely not before oct.

if anyone drives thru with a verizon phone tell me please if it worked and which network option A or B got it to receive/send.
thx.

Don't worry Marv

jrbaja - 7-19-2005 at 06:32 PM

Now you can stay in touch with the authentic Mexican village just to the south of you.:lol:

Bruce R Leech - 7-19-2005 at 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
i agree with Marv's sentiments but as only a frequent visitor with work going on stateside, this is GREAT news for me, now if only verizon will dial me in - can't wait to try it when i return, likely not before oct.

if anyone drives thru with a verizon phone tell me please if it worked and which network option A or B got it to receive/send.
thx.

Telcel

Bruce R Leech - 7-19-2005 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by turtleandtoad
Is this Telmex or someone else?

Telcel is owned by Telamex

Bruce R Leech - 7-19-2005 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexray
Have you heard if they have installed an antenna up on the 'Tiburon' microwave tower, south of town?

not yet Mexray

roundtuit - 7-19-2005 at 07:08 PM

Does this connect to cingular??

Bruce R Leech - 7-19-2005 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by roundtuit
Does this connect to cingular??

check the cingular website I know it connects to a couple of us carers.:light:

Bruce R Leech - 7-20-2005 at 08:17 PM

I talked to the engineer today and he said that the it will work on most of the beaches south of Mulege if you get the 12 volt house phone that they sell with the small antenna that sticks up from the back. a lot of the ranches in the mountains between here and Santa Rosalia have these and they work very well.:light:

capt. mike - 7-21-2005 at 03:52 AM

man this is great. where do i get this 12 v. phone Bruce? how much and then by air time or flat monthly or???.......

Mike, I believe

beercan - 7-21-2005 at 05:20 AM

that it's the "old bag phone".
That is what they're using south of San Felipe. Uses analog .

Bruce R Leech - 7-21-2005 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
man this is great. where do i get this 12 v. phone Bruce? how much and then by air time or flat monthly or???.......

I think they have some in Santa Rosalia for sell they are digital. as for the cost of the time we sell one phone card that gives you 800 minuets for 500 pesos.