BajaNomad

The Baja Lemmings

jrbaja - 7-20-2005 at 10:47 AM

It has come to my attention that there are two types of tourists that come to Baja. Those who go straight to an enclave with all their friends to get drunk, and those who go away from these places to see what Baja is all about. Sometimes with friends.
Baja is changing faster than orange county did. And it is because of the enclave folks and developers. The good deals are almost a thing of the past but comparatively speaking, still fairly reasonable.
Fortunately, the enclavers are so busy bragging to their friends about how long they have been coming down, nursing their hangovers, and their fear of bandidos or whatever, they continue to go to the same places over and over. Security!
This is why it is still possible to spend time with real people. There are still a few places down here that have been unaffected by the drunken gringo influence and these are the folks that sing all day every day and truly appreciate life.
For any of you who don't feel the need for support from like minded individuals before you tie your shoes, I recommend getting out there and meeting some of the real Baja, before it turns into another southern california! Seriously!
And for the rest of you "Baja Ofishyonadas" (chicken coop group), Stay put! It's dangerous out there.

PacO - 7-20-2005 at 11:26 AM

Wow! Did you get that off the newswire? That is some breaking news. Thanks for the heads up.

Praise for the Peons

MrBillM - 7-20-2005 at 11:58 AM

It is really great that the poor people who make up the bulk of the native populace can go through everyday with a smile on their faces and a song on their lips. If only we could transport that attitude to the E.U.A. The poor up there are a little cranky most of the time. If we could make them happy and poor, it would relieve a great strain on the U.S. and states' budgets.

Tell me, O great seer, what is the secret to blissful poverty ?

No great seer

jrbaja - 7-20-2005 at 12:09 PM

but it would seem that never having experienced capitalism, greed, jealousy or any of the other things that go along with certain cultures may have something to do with it.
Not necessary to keep up with the Jones's when everyone has pretty much the same "untarnished" lifestyle that isn't based on possessions. Seems to make them all sing anyways!:light:

Sharksbaja - 7-20-2005 at 12:27 PM

Those are two very distinct groupos you describe there JR. When you say go away from these enclaves does that mean you will return?:biggrin: I hate being guilty by association because of my drunken neighbors. You are correct in assuming these folks have no other interest other than thier Margarita Olympics. Is this the ultimate retirement scenario? Gag me. :barf:

Me No - 7-20-2005 at 12:32 PM

MrBill, I will clue you into the secret, because above almost all others on this board you need it.

Love and Respect of family, culture, and county, is the backbone.

The realization that life itself will provide all that is needed if you have the above.

Now, get back to your enclave and your blender.:lol:

The only reason I feel I am entitled to comment

jrbaja - 7-20-2005 at 01:01 PM

is because I have lived in a gringo enclave for blah blah, I also live in the exact opposite down south, and I frequent all parts of Baja regularly.
I don't get my information from books, others that claim to know, or any other method than actually living it. Daily:light:
I talk about what I see on here and am called anti american because the idiots that fit the discription can't come up with anything valid to say against me other than accusations/insinuations.
I also watch gringo tv occasionally and see where they get their education!:lol:

I'm in an enclave right now that is soon to become condos!:lol: Then we will be hearing the Punta Banda whining all over again. The cool part is, the P-nche gringos who ruined this neighborhood and spent so much money making their ridiculous houses all look the same, and who constantly complain are the first ones to be evicted:lol:
But, when they found out a HOA doesn't mean chit here, their hired attorney told them they could form a "social club" and have contracts that were honored.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gotta love those attorneys!;D

Dave - 7-20-2005 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
what is the secret to blissful poverty ?

Apparently, the ability to carry a tune.

So tell me JR:

Do you pay your labor with dirty capitalistic money, or beads?;D

rpleger - 7-20-2005 at 03:04 PM

JR is right on, hate to say it but right on dude.

My labor/friends basically pay themselves

jrbaja - 7-20-2005 at 03:08 PM

from bamboo stuff that they make and I sell. Good thing too because if they were dependant on my paying them from something else, they would be poor like me.

This whole deal is to help them. If it makes me enough to continue doing this, I'm pretty happy and will continue doing so.
BRAGGING
I'm looking at the waves as I am typing this. I have many friends and am pretty well known and respected throughout the peninsula, I travel the most remote areas of Baja fairly regularly and have an acre of future bamboo park with 45 producing fruit trees, and a 5 acre ranch that will be a long time before development hits. I've probably spent more time underwater shooting fish than the coop groupers have combined on vacation here.

What else is necessary?

I consider myself extremely wealthy although I don't have any money unless I make it from bamboo.

Must be my love for dirt floors and nalgas Mexicanas!:lol:

PJC - 7-20-2005 at 03:13 PM

Hmmm...

With age, the fear and dread of hangovers has cut back on what was once seemingly "competitve drinking" in near total.

I am curious how folks of retirement age (I am not their by general classification) can tolerate the effects of such activities.

Perhaps the perpetual avoidance of the hangover, ala "being pickled"?

-----

And JR.. Please do not pretend that the absense of monetary wealth is the absolute path to hapiness. Wealth is largely a byproduct of work for many of us, and our work makes us happy.

[Edited on 7-20-2005 by Baja Blackie]

Dave - 7-20-2005 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Must be my love for nalgas Mexicanas!:lol:

Now that's expertise I would love to hear more about.

Okie dokie

jrbaja - 7-20-2005 at 03:37 PM

Let's start here. An enclave model.

PJC - 7-20-2005 at 03:40 PM

Where is her competitive margarita?

[Edited on 7-20-2005 by Baja Blackie]

Nope, not the absolute path Blackie

jrbaja - 7-20-2005 at 03:56 PM

But those that have never had any money sure do sing a LOT! At least in these here hills anyway! Probably the nalgas!!:lol:

ME NO (not much ?)

MrBillM - 7-20-2005 at 07:07 PM

As ME NO (What ?) Says:

MrBill, I will clue you into the secret, because above almost all others on this board you need it.

The realization that life itself will provide all that is needed if you have the above.

Now, get back to your enclave and your blender.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am overflowing with Love and respect for (most of) my family. My County on the other hand I don't love all that much. It's an OK place to live, but every COUNTY has it's good and bad points. The USA, on the other hand, is the greatest COUNTRY on the face of the earth and I am proud (unlike a whole bunch of the Baja Leftie Loonies) to be an American.

I don't actually have a functioning Blender, but I'll get one if it would make understanding your comments any clearer. I doubt that it would.

You probably have no idea how pleased I am to be regarded poorly by your ilk. I just want to know who's above me on your list. I'm disappointed not to be number one.

Me No - 7-20-2005 at 07:27 PM

OK, the typo retort. WELL done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

baja lemmings

mulege marv - 7-20-2005 at 07:32 PM

ok you got the best of me JR . not complaining just leaving, its like listening to a smoker who has stopped. i give ! im gone ! good luck to you all, my last post so i will never make it to "God " or "Sir", "Super Elete", i use to recommend this site to people who wanted to know about baja, but no more, after all you are the experts.

"judge not, and ye shall not be judged" just seemed to ring a bell and im not even religious !

bye

Baja leftie loonies???

eetdrt88 - 7-20-2005 at 07:34 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. The USA, on the other hand, is the greatest COUNTRY on the face of the earth and I am proud (unlike a whole bunch of the Baja Leftie Loonies) to be an American. what are you,a Baja Rightie Tightie???

:lol:

[Edited on 7-21-2005 by eetdrt88]

I love the posts made

jrbaja - 7-20-2005 at 07:36 PM

around "c-cktail hour".:lol:

oh,i'm sorry sir

eetdrt88 - 7-20-2005 at 07:42 PM

but i really dont feel the need to be classified as a leftie loonie or a rightie tightie...i'm more like the guy in the middle who likes to play the fiddle:lol::lol::lol:

Dave - 7-20-2005 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Me No

OK, got all that. Now, how about all the rest of the stuff? Or am I gonna have to wait until I'm 86?

In which case, I should forget about the first 5 things on my list. Matter of fact, by then I'll probably forget the whole list;D

The Middle

MrBillM - 7-21-2005 at 10:22 AM

The only thing found in the middle of the road is Roadkill and other debris.