BajaNomad

Looking for a life change?

jrbaja - 7-24-2005 at 09:53 AM

I need help with my bamboo projects in Baja Sur. Carpenter or mechanically inclined person to run a small bamboo furniture making business and grove.
One acre area with 45 producing fruit trees as well as three types of bamboo already growing. Room for a large home and a camping area for travelers.
The plan for this area is a bamboo park with bamboo structures already in place. Bathroom and seperate shower.

Gardens are already set up with drip irrigation and there is city water and a well on the property. The water is all potable and sweet. Beautiful unique property in an area of Baja that will remain "authentic" and undeveloped.

pokey - 7-24-2005 at 10:03 AM

whats the pay?

Bruce R Leech - 7-24-2005 at 10:31 AM

you have all that on one acre?

It's more of an investment

jrbaja - 7-24-2005 at 11:53 AM

and the pay will be based on what is sold. Different options are available depending on the lifestyle change the right "someone" is looking for.
It is an opportunity to become involved in a brand new, extremely popular idea as well as being a part of the first bamboo furniture business in Baja.
San Bartolo Bamboo is also providing employment and education where there previously were no jobs available and we have the support of the entire community.
It is located in a small Mexican community (3 other full time gringos) spread out through a community of about 800 Rancheros. Most of these rancheros and gringos live out in the hills, so the actual town is quite small.
It is definitely country living and will take a certain type of individual or couple to manage this project although the locals are already familiar with all aspects of running the park.
Los Barriles is about 20 minutes away for things gringo including restaurants, beaches and English. San Jose del Cabo and La Paz are both about an hour.
Must speak Spanish daily, must be neat in appearance for sales and meetings, must appreciate nature, clean air, the best of water, birds, roosters, dogs and ranchera music on weekends.:lol:

Oops, sorry Bruce, plus 5 in the hills but we are just dealing with the one for now.

[Edited on 7/24/2005 by jrbaja]

rpleger - 7-24-2005 at 01:14 PM

?Where is this place your writing about JR?

JZ - 7-24-2005 at 01:41 PM

Welcome to Bambozo Land :lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech - 7-24-2005 at 03:27 PM

Jrbaja how far off the highway 1 are you?

About a block for the bamboo park

jrbaja - 7-24-2005 at 03:29 PM

and 7 miles to the ranch.

bajaruby - 7-24-2005 at 04:36 PM

RETIRING ALL READY? or just getting bored, or just want to see baja be4 you're to old? Who am I going to visit now if I come down that far? Am I ever going to meet the guy who put me in my place?:?::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:biggrin:

This is what I said

jrbaja - 7-24-2005 at 06:50 PM

"I need help with my bamboo projects in Baja Sur."

Didn't say nuthin about retiring. Already seen most all of Baja, just have many bamboo projects going on and would like to be able to make them happen faster.:light: