BajaNomad

The "Missionary" of El Rosario

Hook - 7-31-2005 at 12:24 AM

Did anyone else encounter a young man in his 20's, southern accent, with a young dog who claimed to be a missionary? We ran into him in el Rosario at the festival and he had quite a story to tell.

Anyone?

surfer jim - 7-31-2005 at 06:56 AM

lucky me....I didn't meet him.....did he know any secret surfing /fishing spots?....

Frigatebird - 7-31-2005 at 12:27 PM

Saw no talking dogs here. ;)

backninedan - 7-31-2005 at 02:29 PM

That would be just my luck, I finally meet a talking dog and all he wants to do is convert me.

You have to admit.....

Hook - 8-1-2005 at 10:47 AM

.....that a talking dog lends quite a bit of credibility to the theory of the existence of a Judeo-Christian god. It had me questioning my evolutionary beliefs.

Fatima, Guadalupe, El Rosario.......damn, I should have ordered a cheese quesadilla at the nearest stand to see if there was any image within it. :lol:

Dave - 8-1-2005 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
.....that a talking dog lends quite a bit of credibility to the theory of the existence of a Judeo-Christian god.

Only if you're dyslexic.

Pero ?

MrBillM - 8-1-2005 at 12:50 PM

Was it established that the Perro was spreading the Judeo-Christian Gospel ? It would seem just as likely that a talking dog might be a believer in Animism.

Bob and Susan - 8-1-2005 at 01:11 PM

Wow I had to look that up:lol:

Animism= belief that a soul or spirit exists in every object, even the inanimate

That would explain

jrbaja - 8-1-2005 at 01:14 PM

my vehicles!:lol:

backninedan - 8-1-2005 at 02:22 PM

I talked to the dog, he is a devout druid.

The "missionary" who was the secular

Hook - 8-1-2005 at 03:23 PM

master of the dog was a devout member of the Judeo-Christian persuasion. I may have mistakenly assumed that the dog was too, in a guilt-by-association way.

I should have asked the dog when I had the chance. I did note the animal had been neutered so closer observation may have revealed his religious leanings as well.

But I was too busy discussing the details of the crime wave with the missionary. It was all so amazing that the Miracle of the Talking Dog of El Rosario seemed insignificant by comparison.

surfer jim - 8-1-2005 at 08:32 PM

Quote:
Fatima, Guadalupe, El Rosario.......damn, I should have ordered a cheese quesadilla at the nearest stand to see if there was any image within it. :lol:

That was good!!....:lol: