BajaNomad

Hatred

Mike Humfreville - 7-31-2005 at 11:17 AM

Hatred

What would prompt a poster here, or several posters for that matter, to try and bring to light the problems of other posters that they may have insight to, may have heard rumors or have facts about, when the rumors, innuendoes or facts of an unrelated situation have nothing to do with Baja?

Is a poster so filled with hatred for another that he/she cannot simply ignore unrelated issues and stick to the multifaceted subjects of Baja?

Is it acceptable to start a new thread with suggestions, questions of another, also imperfect being perhaps, simply to cause that person embarrassment?

It is so sad that we are so small that we have to try and drag others through our own self disrespect.

I?m sure that if we look long and hard enough we can all find ways to dislike each other, places where our intellectual and moral paths may not agree with others.

But the best of the best is when a collection of individual souls finds ways to forget their petty differences and celebrate each other and their collective whole because of a small common bond.

Most of us on nomad have found that strength. We derive pleasure from sharing information about something we love. We all have different personalities. Some of us are caustic, some of us are hot, some of us are aggressive, some passive and too tolerant. And some of us have needs that can only be fulfilled by searching for a respect they already have. Some of us lose the respect of others because we try too hard. But all these are attitudes that encourage the thoughts of and sharing with others.

My love of Baja could not be the same without this and other boards that allow me to learn and share. I?m thankful I can find the strength to keep my total disrespect of a few in control.

I wish those few would do the same.

Keri - 7-31-2005 at 11:26 AM

Nicely stated Mike. I'm with you. k:yes:

Cyndarouh - 7-31-2005 at 11:30 AM

Well said and Thank You, Mike

Beautifully said, Mike--------

Barry A. - 7-31-2005 at 11:32 AM

and it needs to be stated, and thought about, by us all.

soulpatch - 7-31-2005 at 11:43 AM

Well, just so folks can form an opinion and be forewarned if we meet I will state that I am opinionated, blunt at times, especially when it comes to when I just want to be left alone, use profanity excessively, am comfortable walking around naked:wow:, I drink regularly and often more than my doctor would say is healthy:cool:, think pot should be legal, will smoke an occasional cigar and laugh at off-color, religious and racial jokes( but I don't discriminate since my race is easily targeted and the religion I grew up in is full of pederasts) and relatively intolerant of idiots and blowhards.
However,
I am honest, forthright, hardworking and loyal to any that deserve it, not afraid to hang it out into the wind if the end result has the potential to be worth it, share pretty much everything I have and will help anybody I can if possible.

"but I don't discriminate since my race is easily targeted "

jrbaja - 7-31-2005 at 11:51 AM

You must be a white guy!:lol::lol::lol:

soulpatch - 7-31-2005 at 11:54 AM

.............that's entirely possible. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Soulpatch

MrBillM - 7-31-2005 at 12:04 PM

Thanks for the warning. I'll add you to my AVOID list.

soulpatch - 7-31-2005 at 12:08 PM

.....excellent, I'll sleep better. What was it, the naked thing?:saint: Oh, maybe the honesty:smug:.

bajablue - 7-31-2005 at 12:12 PM

For me, I was excited to stumble upon this website and learn new great things about Baja and there travels. This site has now turned into a place for a couple of bitter & bored burnout's to attack what seams some decent people that have written nothing but nice informative information. The fact that they would bring personal issues into this thread, just shows you how low class they are and should be ignored! As far as what I have read from these guys, they are nothing but a couple of clowns!!! Look in the mirror......

Sharksbaja - 7-31-2005 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Well, just so folks can form an opinion and be forewarned if we meet I will state that I am opinionated, blunt at times, especially when it comes to when I just want to be left alone, use profanity excessively, am comfortable walking around naked:wow:, I drink regularly and often more than my doctor would say is healthy:cool:, think pot should be legal, will smoke an occasional cigar and laugh at off-color, religious and racial jokes( but I don't discriminate since my race is easily targeted and the religion I grew up in is full of pederasts) and relatively intolerant of idiots and blowhards.
However,
I am honest, forthright, hardworking and loyal to any that deserve it, not afraid to hang it out into the wind if the end result has the potential to be worth it, share pretty much everything I have and will help anybody I can if possible.

and we're suppose to believe all that.:lol: Do you know ANYTHING about Baja??

What would prompt a poster

jrbaja - 7-31-2005 at 12:29 PM

who has deleted all his previous posts attacking others, to pretend he is some sort of do gooder when he is just as guilty as those he is pointing fingers at?
And, what would people who sent personal messages pertaining to El Rosarios Expose of certain individuals be doing pretending to be so innocent themselves?

bajaruby - 7-31-2005 at 12:36 PM

Now that is something I will second, JRBAJA
Sorry guys, but he's got a point there. I haven't ever deleted my stuff no matter how bad it was. I have grown though and happy to say, learned a lot. :yes:

Mike Humfreville - 7-31-2005 at 12:40 PM

JR if you are referring to me, can you name one or more posts I have deleted?????

A quick reminder...

bigzaggin - 7-31-2005 at 12:49 PM

this is a WEBSITE where people who like Baja a lot trade ideas, waypoints and stories...and that's all it is. All things being relative, it's no more important than a John Mayer message board is to a chubby 15 year old sophomore from St.Paul. I dig it as much as the next guy, but don't let's discuss it like a sacred cow.

And Soulpatch, thanks for the hard sell on yourself. I'd long pondered your stance on marijuana laws, and, while I fret for your boozing, I know you need a few c-cktails to feel comfortable naked.

:lol:

Silly, sic, and stupid

yankeeirishman - 7-31-2005 at 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Humfreville
Hatred

What would prompt a poster here, or several posters for that matter, to try and bring to light the problems of other posters that they may have insight to, may have heard rumors or have facts about, when the rumors, innuendoes or facts of an unrelated situation have nothing to do with Baja?

Is a poster so filled with hatred for another that he/she cannot simply ignore unrelated issues and stick to the multifaceted subjects of Baja?

Is it acceptable to start a new thread with suggestions, questions of another, also imperfect being perhaps, simply to cause that person embarrassment?

It is so sad that we are so small that we have to try and drag others through our own self disrespect.

I?m sure that if we look long and hard enough we can all find ways to dislike each other, places where our intellectual and moral paths may not agree with others.

But the best of the best is when a collection of individual souls finds ways to forget their petty differences and celebrate each other and their collective whole because of a small common bond.

Most of us on nomad have found that strength. We derive pleasure from sharing information about something we love. We all have different personalities. Some of us are caustic, some of us are hot, some of us are aggressive, some passive and too tolerant. And some of us have needs that can only be fulfilled by searching for a respect they already have. Some of us lose the respect of others because we try too hard. But all these are attitudes that encourage the thoughts of and sharing with others.

My love of Baja could not be the same without this and other boards that allow me to learn and share. I?m thankful I can find the strength to keep my total disrespect of a few in control.

I wish those few would do the same.

Well said Mike! I been off for a week or better, because of this crapola going on. I'll stay off till folks decide enough is enough.

soulpatch - 7-31-2005 at 01:05 PM

Sharksbaja; of course I don't know anything about baja.....;) Actually, I've learned everything I know about baja by reading the internet, especially this board and from the most prolific posters....... who needs to actually go to place to learn anything about it?:moon:
And bigzaggin; need c-cktails to be comfortable naked????????? You really don't know me.:lol::lol::lol:
I guess I should have added to that list that I speak w/tongue planted firmly in cheek often.:biggrin: It seems as if some folks just take stuff a bit too literally.

One was titled either Ski Baja or JRBaja

jrbaja - 7-31-2005 at 01:29 PM

and I don't remeber the title of the other one. Couldn't find either in search but both were started by you, directed at me being anti american, self centered, in it for the same bs reasons as dk, etc.
You were making feeble attempts at trying to get people to not open my posts:lol::lol::lol: and were down right brutal. hahahahahahaha. But, you were called on your nonsense ccg bs by many besides just me and gave it up.
Same as all those who gossip, fabricate rumors, talk do do about others and then delete their own words so they can deny saying them. Just like dk a couple weeks ago when he was caught lieing. And the moderator who also got caught deleting the thread at dk's request.

As far as this "situation" being referred to on this board, it has a lot to do with Baja. For one thing, the incidents happened here, in Baja. The guilty party seems to consider himself some sort of expert on Baja because of a few vacations here yet sets an example like this in front of local people.
Prime example of why so many of you get so mad at me for commenting on P-nche gringos. The huarache fits better than I could have even imagined on this board. Fortunately, it seems that the coop groupers are just a few. They also seem to have the biggest mouths trying to look cool because they have been to Baja.:lol::lol::lol::barf:

Mike Supino - 7-31-2005 at 01:41 PM

"**** kid who's rotting in a Mexican prison cell right now. "
Is this a fact?

[Edited on 7-31-2005 by BajaNomad]

Mike Humfreville - 7-31-2005 at 01:54 PM

JR, if you are so filled with a need to criticize and put down others, why not find a place you enjoy it more??? I still haven't seen your evidence in my deleting posts for self promotional or any other reasons. Got any? You need to be specific bacause I've never done that. I'd rather put myself down and fit in the middle than to promote myself to some lofty goal I don't deserve.

Me No, I'm not trying to rally anyone and I'm not trying to turn bad stuff into good. I'm just asking the question "why was it necessary to bring a personal matter out publically?" You can argue that we all have a right to know. But if you really feel that way why not just post the facts as you've heard them? Rather than provoke a suspicion in an attempt to have others address the issue? I don't have any facts, only listened to what I've been told by others. I can look at my own behavior with my family and find lots of faults. Most of us have room for improvement. But if my dirty laundry gets aired in public, I would like to be the one to do it. I clearly recognize there are a few folks that don't live up to you "bar." Mine too. I just think that certain things belong to a family. I recognize your issues, even JR's, where sometimes indivual behavior reflects on us all and I identify with that. But I also recognize behavior when it's primary objective is to invoke hatred. And that doesn't become any of us.

BajaNomad - 7-31-2005 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Supino
"**** kid who's rotting in a Mexican prison cell right now. "
Is this a fact?
My understanding is that information is not correct. Any reports to the contrary (so far) are from people not in attendance at the El Rosario event.

--
Doug

[Edited on 7-31-2005 by BajaNomad]

BajaNomad - 7-31-2005 at 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Me No
Delet away my friend. the facts are out there like it or not. To me, it is your deletions that cause so much hate and dissnet here.
Your facts aren't straight bud. Spreading gossip isn't viewed favorably by most.

--
Doug

Bombs Away !

MrBillM - 7-31-2005 at 02:07 PM

There are a few people here who are taking this whole business WAY too seriously. None of this is going to change the world OR anyone's mind.

Mike

jrbaja - 7-31-2005 at 02:33 PM

Are you saying you never posted threads with my name as the title? And that you never attacked me in these threads you posted?
And now I have to show evidence to prove you did this? :lol::lol::lol:
That's why the coop groupers delete their own pathetic words, isn't it. No proof for later.:light:

Obviously, some are not even willing to accept responsibility for their own words, thus, the chicken coop group. Fortunately, they are not able to delete the responses they usually get. There are a lot more if you need more "proof" mike.

"Sorry, but this reader, lurker and sometime poster has lost ALL respect for the up-until-now esteemable Mike H.

I am surprised at such hostility, Mike. In accusing Ski of being anti-American I think you have revealed an important aspect of yourself. Just because Ski has chosen to venture beyond your safe and insulated world and actually propose solutions for problems he is attacked, and by the least expected individual.

You have obviously succumbed to the need to tidy up opinions and to prune humanity to an accepted range of behaviors. It makes me think of how it is the fate of those who think and act outside of the box of accepted thoughts and actions to fit themselves into the gaps between noisier, blunter lives, where they are gradually squeezed out by small and mean people like yourself.

Hang in there, Ski.

PacO - 7-31-2005 at 02:55 PM

Wow.............

Dave - 7-31-2005 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
( but I don't discriminate since my race is easily targeted and the religion I grew up in is full of pederasts)

Islam, or the other one?;D

surfer jim - 7-31-2005 at 03:24 PM

Mike....you started with a good idea....but look what this has turned into.....and it didn't take long either......a few people are working hard to destroy this forum...and until they are banned or everyone else leaves it will continue....

thebajarunner - 7-31-2005 at 03:28 PM

Yes, I too have stopped posting here on Nomad.
For about three weeks, just waiting to see if the name calling and the nastiness would finally abate. Does not look like it will happen.
That is too bad, this was a fun site to add Baja memories, dreams and schemes.
Just a couple of you have determined to wreck the site, I sincerely hope you fail.
(too bad I am 'out of touch' because I have had some neat stuff lately to report, like an evening with Parnelli last week)
Ah well, I shall keep checking in, when it gets back to civil I shall return.

Adios, for now,
thebajarunner

bajablue - 7-31-2005 at 03:32 PM

Mike,
you have hit your walk off home run, so game is over. Put the two side by side and you killed it, no debate..... There is NEVER any place to bring someone's personal life into this thread, it's tired....
As far as Jr, just another word for smaller and with all his rhetoric, what a small man he is...

wornout - 7-31-2005 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Yes, I too have stopped posting here on Nomad.
For about three weeks, just waiting to see if the name calling and the nastiness would finally abate. Does not look like it will happen.
That is too bad, this was a fun site to add Baja memories, dreams and schemes.
Just a couple of you have determined to wreck the site, I sincerely hope you fail.

Adios, for now,
thebajarunner

I agree 100%, this was a great site. If another gets started without all the hate, let me know.

Truly amazing

jrbaja - 7-31-2005 at 04:25 PM

That so many can be duped by so few. Who lie, delete threads, u2u each other more than posting Baja info. which they don't know to begin with and then deny they ever made the posts.
Pretty P-nche gringo like if you ask me but hey, looks like the coop groupers have been out recruiting again. Cause here they go with the newbies responding to stuff they have no clue about.
Oughtta be some fine omelets coming up with this new flock of cluckers.:lol:

JR?

PacO - 7-31-2005 at 04:44 PM

Are you speaking in the 3rd person here or is this a quote?
Code:
"Sorry, but this reader, lurker and sometime poster has lost ALL respect for the up-until-now esteemable Mike H.

That is a quote from another poster

jrbaja - 7-31-2005 at 04:52 PM

which was pulled from "search". I see that most all of the coop groupers whining posts have been deleted from the files. Typical spineless maneuver!

...Back on line

Mike Humfreville - 7-31-2005 at 05:10 PM

I won't be pulled into the personal attacks and name calling.

We all have useful information. Most of us can gain insight to Baja and share what we know without the need to grossly categorize, to personalize and to draw attention to anothers weakness while feeding our own egos.

It's easy enough to simply share information and enjoy each others strong points (we all have them of course). It's really sad to see any of us fill our inner voids with hatred toward others. It's so easy for a single person with a bad attitude to drag the rest of us down. It's so easy to find valid and decent things to say about any single member's posts.

Baja Bernie

soulpatch - 7-31-2005 at 05:14 PM

Lighten up my tightly wound brother:yawn:.......you must've missed the tongue in cheek.
part.......zinnnnnggggggggggggggggg! A lawyer?????? That's rich!
And Dave, it's the other one, you know, the one w/penguins and guys in black dresses.:lol:

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by soulpatch]

Tomas Tierra - 7-31-2005 at 05:15 PM

Can every body just get along...Maybe bamboo chicken coops!!!

Baja Bernie - 7-31-2005 at 05:20 PM

Okay it is my turn to be stupid. Mike's original post was one that basically asked why people needed to attack kids to get back at an adult that they don't care for.

For my money it is as low as one can get to try to hurt someone by using the problems his/her kids may or may not be having (who amoung us has not had a problem--or worse--with his/her teenagers in this day and age AND who wanted to go out and shout out the problem to the world when it occurred---I sure as heck didn't!

Then the post sinks to a new low with "soulpatch" allowing us to share his fun at getting naked (wow--again who doesn't enjoy being naked at times--but few of us have a need to share the fact on a public forum and on a thread that it has nothing to do with.

I am not a chicken--of any kind--and I really have a hard time believing that all of the newby's who are posting here have been sought out for support by some secret group--Nuts!

So sad that Antonio has worked so hard to bring gringo's and Mexicans together and all he gets is this kind of mud slung upon his efforts.

I am biased and I can't believe that a lawyer uttered---True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess. -Louis Nizer,
lawyer (1902-1994)--Perhaps soulpatch is telling us he is a lawyer???

I'll stop by saying that I very much enjoy the company of JR, Mike H, and David K and I do not believe that anyone who posts on this board is so juvenile that he/she needs someone else to tell them what they should think about the diverse personalities that contribute to this STILL fine Forum.

Now back to Baja---PAZ!!!

PS I no longer drink enough, I seldom cuss, except when I read some of these posts, and I only run around naked when my lady smiles--sure wish she would smile more often and that I always remembered what she was smiling about.
AND I am very tolerant of idiots and blowhards.

It takes no longer to see the see good side of life that it takes to see the bad--Jimmy Buffett
Visit http://www.mibaja.com

Bleating around the bush

jrbaja - 7-31-2005 at 05:23 PM

Oh wait, chickens don't bleat.
My being called anti american by some clowns on here originally stemmed from my commenting on the actions of many gringos I see from living down here.

"to intentionally stir the pot before going into the "bamboo" mountains of La Laguna. Friends of mine have contributed to this intentionally self-serving and innocent way, believing in the animated and provocative poster with nothing more to serve up than self promotion.

Several others harbor so much hatred, sometimes well deserved, but directed at specific others that it wears one down.

But, all in all, I think we can pretty much sort ourselves out without management. When JR babbles and solicits others to support him, I just read and recognize weakness.

When Tom gets on David?s back I recognize a difference in personal character and respect it.

While all arguments make me froth at the mouth and beg to join in, as a maturing being I must learn that these elements form a facet unnecessary to our collective understanding as to how we can best fit the segments of society we have chosen to join.

I would like mine to be broad. It?s more meaningful and from that ?bridge? I can see a greater distance on my horizon, called "future."

We are a team, a swarming band of bugs if you will, and we need to learn that we work best when working in a concentual direction.

Ah, shuddup. And put that flyswatter down!"
That was from m.h.

Now, when a P-nche gringo brings his pathetic act to Baja such as **** did this last weekend, I feel that it has a major impact on how gringos are viewed down here. And, I don't appreciate being one when there are so many coop groupers who deny everything yet act exactly like the embarrasment that they are.

And I don't delete my posts regarding my feelings on this bs, unlike the spineless blather that the coop group is so famous for. Let's make the jabs and then delete them so we seem cool:lol::lol::lol: Pa friggen thetic! Still!!

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by BajaNomad]

JR

Baja Bernie - 7-31-2005 at 05:30 PM

I didn't delete my post, just move it so you'al would realize even knew how to do that terrible deed.

How is your arm doing--It seems no longer to be bothering your posting.

I wonder did you even read the other posts before you started chucking spears toward the chicken coopers--I think you are just drumming up sales of bamboo chicken coups.

We should all remember that in Baja a smile is a very important part of conversation.

JZ - 7-31-2005 at 05:37 PM

Ban JR, problem solved! :light:

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by JZ]

Wound Too Tight

MrBillM - 7-31-2005 at 06:02 PM

It must be something in the air or the water. JR seems to be wound up a lot more than usual. I think that we could disagree on points of view without so much of this Chicken Poop being thrown around.

On another (related) subject: an additional point to reinforce my initial assessment of SP would be his apparent idealization of Louis Nizer, a Left-Wing Lawyer who was infatuated with the traitors, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.

Hey there Mr. Bill.............

soulpatch - 7-31-2005 at 06:09 PM

.............nice blanket characterization garnered from a few measley posts!!!!!!!!! Isn't forming an opinion based on so few inputs, oh, I don't know, ignorant?
Where did I say I idolized Nizer? I just like the quote. It's how I feel about "pablum for the masses".
OOPPPPSSS. Good catch, I missed a key. Jokes on me!:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by soulpatch]

Oh, I don't Know.............

MrBillM - 7-31-2005 at 06:21 PM

I'm just taking you at your words:
Well, just so folks can form an opinion and be forewarned if we meet I will state that I am opinionated, blunt at times, especially when it comes to when I just want to be left alone, use profanity excessively, am comfortable walking around naked, I drink regularly and often more than my doctor would say is healthy, think pot should be legal, will smoke an occasional cigar and laugh at off-color, religious and racial jokes( but I don't discriminate since my race is easily targeted and the religion I grew up in is full of pederasts) and relatively intolerant of idiots and blowhards.
However,

True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess. -Louis Nizer,
lawyer (1902-1994)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you take pride in being truthful, I have to assume that your own assessment is correct. If so, it is quite apparent that I would have nothing in common with that attitude. I've found that first impressions usually are correct. Long ago, I also found that there is not enough time in life to give justice to those whom you agree with and respect so there's no point in wasting time with people you don't.

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by MrBillM]

rpleger - 7-31-2005 at 06:35 PM

JZ:

Ban JR, No Way!
He is the reason many of us use this forum.
He is one of the few posters that know anything.
People do pee him off, but his +s are bigger that his -s.

vandenberg - 7-31-2005 at 06:50 PM

What do you mean "knows anything " ?? How about " everything "
Ask him and he'll tell you.:bounce::bounce::bounce:t

vandenberg - 7-31-2005 at 06:52 PM

BTW, The bullchit bickering is the only reason I even open this forum

movinguy - 7-31-2005 at 06:54 PM

It is seldom that the miserable of the world can help regarding their misery as a wrong inflicted by those who are less miserable.

- George Eliot

:cool:

HotSchott - 7-31-2005 at 07:11 PM

Reading this forum is like being in the LA bus terminal at 2:00 AM waiting for a greyhound. Profoundly wierd.

His Eminence

MrBillM - 7-31-2005 at 07:20 PM

JR, Defender of the Peninsula, Conservator of Indigenous Purity, Protector of Ancient Culture, Cultivator of The Holy Bamboo, The Last Bulwark against the "P-nche" Invasion , His Supreme Holiness. What would life be like without his Divine Guidance through this temporal morass ?

On the other hand, maybe he's just a strange old coot slowly being dragged under by age-related dementia.

You got it Bill

jrbaja - 7-31-2005 at 07:29 PM

That's why I been out stocking up on weaponry.:lol:

So odd...

bigzaggin - 7-31-2005 at 07:52 PM

I am vaguely aware of a flare-up in progress here at Baja Nomad, but for all the tortas in TJ I could not tell you what it's about/how it began. As best I can tell, people are mad about people being mad?

Anyway, seems like the ideal time to quote Mr.Rodney King, who so famously said, "OUCH! Stop it!"

meme - 8-1-2005 at 08:46 AM

:?:HMMM? I must be in the wrong Forum?? I thought this was a General BAJA Discussion BOARD? Looks like it has come to Discussion of PEOPLE (NOT BAJA) Board??:?: OR???:( Sad that it has as it's been a Good Forum in the PAST it seems!!

I suppose anyone

Sharksbaja - 8-1-2005 at 12:17 PM

who dares read a thread titled "Hatred" could imagine the hate is about people not Baja.

Another subjective verb.

bajaruby - 8-1-2005 at 02:41 PM

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE IS AN OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:?::?::?::?::?:

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by bajaruby]

Yah

jrbaja - 8-1-2005 at 04:46 PM

I wonder what kind of gringo would title a post "hatred" in a general Baja discussion board.:light:

Braulio - 8-1-2005 at 06:29 PM

Subjective verb?

Mike - I think hatred might be a bit strong - I prefer to think of them (and I'm one) as cyber-spitball throwers.

Actually I've changed my mind on good old JR - I really feel sorry for the guy - I mean it's pretty obvious that someone who's making 20/30 posts a day to a site like this without really saying much has some other issues going on in his life.

Afterall - we're basically all brothers here - and ultimately I wish the guy well.

And that's no caca.

Braulio

Mike Humfreville - 8-1-2005 at 06:51 PM

The only hatred captured in my title is the hatred a few folks have for the rest of us. As an ideal, I certainly couldn't hate JR (as the current example). I believe that most folks here (and I speak for no one) just feel pity for him. It is too unfortunate that JR has such a unique vantage point on very specific issues that he could happily share with the rest of us and that, rather, he chooses to attack almost everyone and to place us into neat little compartments so he can shoot darts at subcultures that are, in his eyes, beneath his own.

So the hatred is solely his. I don't hate him. I just enjoy sitting back and wondering what makes such a ******** person find a way to keep it all going, if only in his own head.

[Edited on 8-2-2005 by BajaNomad]

Bwahahahahahaha

jrbaja - 8-1-2005 at 06:55 PM

All this clucking is kinda makin me feel sorry for myself!:lol::lol::lol:

And if this is really the case, why are you still posting when you should be feeling sorry for me too geniuses!:moon:

Braulio - 8-1-2005 at 06:57 PM

We're on the same page Mike - vis-a-vis - where the hatred is coming from.

When are you going to finish your story? - I hate being strung out like that.

I'd say

jrbaja - 8-1-2005 at 06:59 PM

it's more like the same sentence rather than page! bookends perhaps.

Braulio,

Mike Humfreville - 8-1-2005 at 07:18 PM

As I'm sure many can tell, I'm writing it on the fly and by the seat of my pants. I think it will have one, or maybe two more parts. If it's two, the last one will be VERY corny.

Thanks for reading.

And just so we're even

jrbaja - 8-1-2005 at 08:24 PM

Whyntcha try layin off the boxed wine for the next chapter:moon: :lol::lol::lol:

I just had to!:saint:

I do like boxed wines!

Mike Humfreville - 8-1-2005 at 09:50 PM

I use them daily on my corn flakes. I once tried to convince my deep space buddies to use boxed wine for the liquid rocket propellant, but alas, we had already graduated to solid propellants

jrbaja - 8-1-2005 at 09:57 PM

:lol::lol:

Boxed Wine

MrBillM - 8-2-2005 at 06:05 AM

Although I'm not much of a wine drinker (or anything else), we do find the boxed wines to be good and getting better. They're sure a great deal. Others must agree because their sale is rising faster than that of wine in general. They sure beat [Hell] out of the Red Mountain and Ripple we used to drink in my youth.

roundtuit - 8-2-2005 at 07:58 AM

Red Mountain wine coolers and riding the Strand
Anyone remember ??
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Would that be the "Silver Strand" ???

Barry A. - 8-2-2005 at 08:18 AM

If so, I sure do, but "Bulldog Stout Liquor" (1 qt. each) was more our style. That "Red Mountain" was pure panther pee as far as I was concerned. Nasty stuff, and produced nasty hang overs. Poooooooey!!!

hatred and toilet paper

Skipjack Joe - 8-2-2005 at 08:44 AM

The two most popular threads these days are "hatred" and "toilet paper".

What is this website coming to?

rpleger - 8-2-2005 at 08:44 AM

Hey::

Lets get back to the hatred!!!!!

Skipjack

jrbaja - 8-2-2005 at 08:47 AM

Does this come as a surprise to you ?:lol::lol::lol:

Mike Humfreville - 8-2-2005 at 10:13 AM

Gallon bottle of Red Mountain, $1.52 including tax, Oceanside, California, liberty from Pendleton with 2 lovlies in tow. Doesn't get any better.

jrbaja - 8-2-2005 at 10:19 AM

Back seat of friends new car. Bottle of Red Mountain. Entire contents of my stomach everywhere!:lol::lol::lol:

pappy - 8-2-2005 at 10:59 AM

hatred and toilet paper......they seem to go hand-in -hand : need plenty of one to clean up the s--t of the other.

Red Mountain?

Sharksbaja - 8-2-2005 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by roundtuit
Red Mountain wine coolers and riding the Strand
Anyone remember ??
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Yes, but Spanada made better sangria:lol:

and then down to Ave "I" or "Rat" beach:cool:

[Edited on 8-2-2005 by Sharksbaja]

Champipple!

Mike Supino - 8-2-2005 at 11:05 AM

7-Up and Ripple

Baja Bernie - 8-2-2005 at 11:54 AM

Do I see rotten wine becoming common ground under Mike and JR. We can hope--but na I doubt it.

Actually Bernie

jrbaja - 8-2-2005 at 12:03 PM

we could probably get along just fine as we have before. But, it actually seems kinda boring around here when someone's not dropping a few firecrakers into the barnyard.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

this thread reminds me of an episode of friends...

eetdrt88 - 8-6-2005 at 09:48 PM

so touching:lol::lol::lol:

Goood Bad Wine

MrBillM - 8-6-2005 at 10:00 PM

Back in my Beach Party Days, when we hosted a party, we would pull the crisper out of the bottom of the refrigerator and fill it with three or four gallons of Red Mountain, a couple of quarts of Seven-up and one or two fifths of cheap Tequila. That was the house drink. Everything else was BYOB. I think to this day that the worst hangovers I ever had was from that concoction. The Ripple was probably just as bad. We'd bury those 12 oz bottles in ice until they were really cold and they went down like soda pop on a hot summer day. The results were horrific, but we never learned.

I like to say that I learned to use better judgement as I matured, but the truth is that my stomach goes into revolt before anything else.

hahahaha

eetdrt88 - 8-6-2005 at 10:10 PM

Purple Jesus

Oso - 8-6-2005 at 10:24 PM

:barf:

Anybody remember the recipe? As best I can recall, it was mainly Everclear straight grain alcohol and cheap burgundy (maybe Red Mountain?) or was it grape juice? I can't remember as the brain cells associated with that particular aperitif were fried long ago.

35 0r so years ago it was purple jesus partys

jerry - 8-6-2005 at 10:33 PM

every one brought a bottle of liquer poured it in a big tub added 2 quarts of seven up and a bunch of grape cool aid
end result??? must have been fun because it happened every 2 weeks all summer oh P.S. it was purple when you puiked it up.:?: and the next day it was OH JESUS:lol:
and i didnt get anyone pregnent:cool: