BajaNomad

Any recipes for old tortillas??

roxyoso - 8-6-2005 at 01:06 PM

I've got lots of frozen tortillas <maiz>.
Any good casserole suggestions??
Thanks!

Tucker - 8-6-2005 at 03:43 PM

Feed them to your dogs! (If they will eat them), Corn tortillas are not one of my favorite leftover ingedients.

bajajudy - 8-6-2005 at 03:52 PM

You can make chiliquiles with them but I dont have a recipe. Oh and totopos(chips)...cut them into pieces and fry them. Actually, I think that you have to fry them for chiliquiles. I try not to tackle Mexican food....

pokey - 8-7-2005 at 07:58 AM

chiliquiles are quick and easy to make. simply cut up the old tortillas into pieces and cook them with vegetable oil in a pan. don't stir them but cook them like a pancake. in a seperate pan boil tomate, garlic, chile and onion. add a little bit of the broth to the top of the tortillas and blend the veggies in a blender. add the resulting salsa to the top of the tortillas and cover. cook for a few minutes then remove cover to allow excess water to cook off. if desired sprinkle queso fresco or other cheeses on the top.

This vegetables in the recipe can be altered as desired. I bet Bruce has some good chiliquile recipes... By the way chiliquiles go great with eggs sunny side up in the morning.

backninedan - 8-7-2005 at 08:03 AM

If you glue three or four of them together, they make excellent frisbees or birds for skeet shooting.

[Edited on 8-7-2005 by backninedan]

Bruce R Leech - 8-7-2005 at 09:09 AM

cut them in to 6 pieces and deep fry for the best fresh chips.