BajaNomad

bottled water

gwh - 10-9-2003 at 12:29 PM

I have read some posts where the poster says that there are places in baja where you can fill your rv with processed water right at the treatment facility . they have said that you simply pull up to the building and run a hose to your unit and then pay for what you put in.
any truth to this??
if true where can this be done.

Anonymous - 10-9-2003 at 02:53 PM

Where will you be? I have phone books

BajaNomad - 10-9-2003 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gwh
I have read some posts where the poster says that there are places in baja where you can fill your rv with processed water right at the treatment facility . they have said that you simply pull up to the building and run a hose to your unit and then pay for what you put in.
any truth to this??
if true where can this be done.

I've filled 5-7 gallon water bottles via a hose at the facility in Cabo San Lucas -- which is on the east end of town, just off the main drag.

bottled water

gwh - 10-9-2003 at 04:49 PM

to anonymous

we'll be from TJ to Cabo and back.

dug - 10-11-2003 at 06:21 PM

Los Pinos store in Bahia de Los Angeles has a hose from the reverse osmosis plant that will reach to the parking lot and your rv. I've filled 55 gal drums in my truck.

Me Too, But.........

Bedman - 10-12-2003 at 11:10 PM

I've filled my Motor home at Los Pinos store too....Then I had some friends giggle and tell me that the water was not processed via osmosis. Just a regular ol particulate filter. I've done it a couple of times and had no ill effects and the store employee "Swears" the water is filtered.

We do have a filtration system on board that filters down to 1 micron and is "supposed" to filter out "most" of the bad stuff, like Giardia etc. All of this is per the salesman at a RV shop. I dunno, but we use it anyway and have not had any problems yet (fingers crossed and a prescription of Cipro and were good to go.)

Bedman

TMW - 10-13-2003 at 05:21 PM

Bedman and others, you may want to add some clorox to the water. Years ago we did that to our cistern water . one cup per 1000 gallons I believe. I still do it to our mountain work site water tank.

TW......Great point

Bedman - 10-13-2003 at 08:04 PM

I never thought about adding some to the tank. And the Motorhome filtering system removes all the Clorox smell so it won't smell or taste bad.

Thanks

Bedman

PURRIFIED WATER IN QUANTITY

Brenda Goodson - 10-30-2003 at 07:58 PM

Text
I HAVE SEVERAL CONTACTS IN SANTA ROSALIA FOR AGUA PURIFICADA. IF YOU ARE PASSING THROUGH HERE EMAIL ME AND I CAN GET YOU TO THE PLANT OR CALL ME HERE IN SANTA ROSALIA
15-23023
BRENDA

Bob and Susan - 10-31-2003 at 05:49 AM

Welcome Brenda

Your expertise in Baja will be an asset to everyone here. Glad you found this board.

For those who don't know Brenda, she lives in Santa Rosalia and operates an OUTSTANDING Hotel there.

She has a wealth of knowlege about living, building and partying in Baja.
Unlike us she can still stay up till 3AM:lol::lol: