BajaNomad

Ferris Wheel de Allende

briantroy - 8-26-2005 at 04:00 PM

I heard this chicken joke during my senior year of college in San Miguel de Allende (150 north of Mexico D.F.) and I still think it one of the best.

I used it Thursday in TJ outside a bakery on 2nd and a few blocks west of Revolucion while waiting for the ladies. Next door is a shop with chickens on a rotisserie.

Me: See those chickens on the rotating grill?

Dad: Por que no hablas Espanol quado estamos en Mexico?

Me: I try, I'm just so used to English. Anyway, you see those chickens on the rotisserie?

Dad: Yes.

Me: Well, this little chick is standing outside the shop, peering into the window and watching the roasting chickens turn round and round on the grill when a passerby asks "What are you doing out here? You could get stepped on!"
The chick says "I don't mind, I'm only waiting for my parents to get off the Ferris Wheel".

Dad: (laugh).

Me: (laugh).

Dad: You could have told me in Spanish. (Cacophony of car horns sounding) You could have said that in Spanish.

Me: My degree is in English, I can tell it better in English. (horns increase in sound).

Dad: Brian, we are in Mexico. You are Mexican.Speak the language and learn the customs. (Blaring horns with headlights flashing behind us)

Me: Ok, Pop. I agree. How do you say "Move the car because we are parked in a taxi zone"?

[Edited on 8-26-2005 by briantroy]

[Edited on 8-27-2005 by briantroy]

Mike Supino - 8-26-2005 at 04:16 PM

????? must have lost something in the translation:rolleyes: