BajaNomad

Fut- USA vs. Mexico ma?ana

Oso - 9-2-2005 at 06:08 PM

Ferna, Jesse? Any takers? Andele mariquitas, de que se espantan? We're only 6 for 7 :lol:

USA! USA! USA!

foghornleghorn - 9-2-2005 at 06:19 PM

Let the fight begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Oso - 9-2-2005 at 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by foghornleghorn
Let the fight begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Umm? It's a soccer game...:rolleyes:

JESSE - 9-2-2005 at 09:07 PM

Yo le voy a Mexico Oso!!!!

comitan - 9-3-2005 at 07:04 AM

Seems last time Mexico beat USA, maybe USA is better now.

aldosalato - 9-3-2005 at 08:52 AM

I bet on Mexico winning.
Till 5pm PT I accept bet at par up to USD 100 from each Nomad member

USA is favourite according to sport bet website so I am paying over the odds!!!
World Cup Qualifiers - Concacaf
Bet Until : 00:30 04/09/2005
Match Home Draw Away
U S A v Mexico 2.15 3.00 3.10 Related Bets

foghornleghorn - 9-3-2005 at 08:56 AM

Oso. The fight is referring to the one between me and my hen.

Oso - 9-3-2005 at 09:01 AM

Hey, money talks, BS walks:lol:

What's the bet? Cazadores?

When I lose, I deliver. Ask Dave and Ferna. (Ferna is also a stand-up guy. First time, I lost. Last time, he lost.)

Oso - 9-3-2005 at 09:03 AM

Aldo, I'll gladly take $20 of your money.

Va a ganar M?xico

fdt - 9-3-2005 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
Ferna, Jesse? Any takers? Andele mariquitas, de que se espantan? We're only 6 for 7 :lol:

USA! USA! USA!

Si se puede, Si se puede, Si se puede!
Va una de Cazadores, and I'll take it again to Yuma.

Oso - 9-3-2005 at 11:02 AM

You're on, my friend Fernando! (something in the air tonight-da da da da...)

BTW, tickets for the game in Columbus, OH, are going for $165 to $408.:O Soccer is finally coming of age in the U.S. Twenty years ago, you couldn't give them away.

aldosalato - 9-3-2005 at 11:05 AM

OSO 20 bucks accepted.

Oso - 9-3-2005 at 11:19 AM

http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/justdoit/spot/video.html:P

bajaden - 9-3-2005 at 12:20 PM

Sorry guys, but I would rather watch two flys mate than watch a soccer game. Soccer is like a sexy 16 year old. Just a tease. I wouldn't bet on the game, but I'll bet the score will be 1 to nothing.

bajaden - 9-3-2005 at 12:20 PM

Sorry guys, but I would rather watch two flys mate than watch a soccer game. Soccer is like a sexy 16 year old. Just a tease. I wouldn't bet on the game, but I'll bet the score will be 1 to nothing.

foghornleghorn - 9-3-2005 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Soccer? what's 'soccer'? Some kind of kinky redneck foreplay? Why would anyone want to watch that? ON second thought...I love a good fight so I will bet $50 on the wife/girlfriend/Jackson reject/ or whoever fights the redneck cretin.

Curling...now that's a sport.

Unbelievably Rude!!!!!!

Fun place you people have here.

Where are all the chicks?

Skipjack Joe - 9-3-2005 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden

I agree with that. The problem is that the scores are too low. They just run around endlessly and never seem to score. The crowd gets excited about near misses. It's so easy to break up an attack. They need to either change the rules or have more players on the field - or less players. I don't know what would solve the problem. And of course, the lower the score , the greater the possibility of the inferior team winning.

I do like the constant movement, however. Better than baseball in that respect.

The ultimate sport: basketball, of course.

futbol post on Fred Metcalf's board

Skipjack Joe - 9-3-2005 at 01:35 PM

Oso, que pasa?

Bear!!!

beercan - 9-3-2005 at 02:07 PM

Can I help ya drink it ???:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oso - 9-3-2005 at 04:35 PM

As soon as it's delivered, Bob.

As for Fred's board, I guess he or Tim thought it wasn't relevant to Baja. I disagree but- their board.

Kickoff- gotta go

soulpatch - 9-3-2005 at 06:28 PM

Instead of yellow cards they should hand out an Oscar w/a crying towel.
Lucky it wasn't 3 zip!

Oso - 9-3-2005 at 07:35 PM

YESSS!!! How sweet it is!

Ferna: I hope you remember how to get here.

Aldo: Shoot me a u2u and we'll work something out.

Pompano: I'd dearly love to take your $50, but since your original post was obviously muddled by excessive substance abuse and I did not immediately recognize your reference to "redneck cretin" as an allusion to moi, and therefore did not confirm the bet, I guess you're off the hook. Next time let's try to be a bit clearer.

Soulpatch: As they say in NASCAR, "rubbin is racin". Faking fouls is part of the game and most coaches now conduct classes in the art. Although grabbing one's avocados when touched on the shin IS a bit "over the top".:lol:

Well, We are now confirmed for the world cup, "irregardless" what happens in the interim. Mexico is almost there as well, lacking only a tie to qualify, which should be no problem 9/7 when they oughta trounce Panama easily in the Azteca. Home court advantage is a reality. We beat Mexico today in Columbus, lost last Spring in the D.F.

I would have liked to hear English commentary on this game but i only get regular ESPN, not the Classic, so had to watch Telemundo. I did enjoy Andres Cantor, the originator of "Goooooooooool " . And yes, the game does suffer from an evolution towards more and more defense which results in fewer goals. That's why the commentators make such a big deal out of one when it happens. This does need some rethinking to turn the game toward more aggresive offense, but I still get extremely bored watching hormonally imbalanced freaks of nature stuffing a cantalope into a bushel basket every two minutes with no apparent difficulty for scores of 80-78. What exclamations do the commentators erupt with at each of these occurrences? Not much. Why not? Because it's totally predictable and very booooorrrrriiinnngggg.:moon:

Skipjack Joe - 9-3-2005 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
What exclamations do the commentators erupt with at each of these occurrences? Not much. Why not? Because it's totally predictable and very booooorrrrriiinnngggg.

Basketball - perdictable and boring? Hardly. I don't think many would agree with that assessment.

I watched the futbol game and really enjoyed it, as did Aurora. Seeing all that emotion and players pushing themselves to the utmost to win is really great. It's also fun to see the fans get so involved in the match. Glad you had a a great time.

skipjack

fdt - 9-4-2005 at 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

Ni modo :( , is that 25 mph speed trap still there?

Oso - 9-4-2005 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

Ni modo :( , is that 25 mph speed trap still there?

Yep.

bajaden - 9-4-2005 at 12:34 PM

Ok Oso, now you've done it. Basketball boring. You attack my favorite sport. What nerve. Wait a minute. I quess I attacked yours. Oh well fair is fair. I do like the fan involvement in soccer though. Hundreds trampled after a lose. Officials killed or injured after a bad call. Now those are true fans. Wait a minute, wasn't there a near riot at a basketball game last year. Ok, you win.....

Oso - 9-4-2005 at 01:52 PM

It's the scoring that's boring:yawn: How hard can it be to stuff a basket at armpit level? Now, teams of midgets playing on a standard court might be sorta interesting...

bajaden - 9-4-2005 at 03:17 PM

Teams of midgets. You may have something there. There's something I could excited about. By the way, I have been to indoor soccer games and their very exciting. Whole different game though

Oso - 9-4-2005 at 04:17 PM

Yeah, arena soccer does liven it up a bit. Eliminates that interminable 15-20 second wait for laterals, shortens the distance between goals. Now if they combined it with ice hockey minus the padding...

In all fairness to basketball, baseball is even more boring- 2 minutes of watching some guy adjust his cojones and spit bacca juice before pitching... :rolleyes:

But then I've never seen a cricket match. I've heard it's a good idea to bring a book to read...

Rugby! Now that's a game that's hard to yawn at.

Actually, almost any sport can be made more exciting if you add the element of winning or losing money on it.

bajaden - 9-4-2005 at 04:45 PM

You have to admit that baseball has some advantages. You can get up, go to the bathroom, go get a hotdog, come back and nothing has changed. Its sort of like driving through Nevada and falling asleep. Not at the wheel of course. when you wake up and look arround its as if you haven't gone anywhere. It all looks the same. How about rugby with midgets?

Oso - 9-4-2005 at 08:57 PM

Actually, rugby may be wild enough as it is:

http://wesclark.com/rrr/hopoate.html

sushi and football

Skipjack Joe - 9-5-2005 at 11:06 AM

sushi

Last night I saw something on television that made me think of this post. Perhaps you did too.

It was on japanese television. There was a competition to see who could eat a 36 foot salmon sushi roll the fastest. The lady won. Near the end of it the guy started to sweat like you couldn't believe. After it was all over they showed him laying on the ground face up, sweating profusely and wore an expression of great pain.

American football

My mother in law once said something that I thought was really funny. We were watching the Super Bowl one year when she walked by, took a quick look and said:

"Poor fellas. They look exhausted. They must be so tired from pushing and shoving one another all afternoon."

Half of the appreciation comes from understanding.