BajaNomad

Motorcycle trip from Vegas to CSL.

lasvegasbiker - 10-10-2003 at 04:02 PM

Just got back today. Roads are open all the way to CSL and most are in good shape now with the exception of a few places between Loreto an Cabo. All are passable with most any type vehicle now. Trip was wonderful and more detailed report to follow. Still have to unpack now. Capt Mike you have GOT to take this ride. Terry

Biker Tour

M_Man - 10-10-2003 at 07:49 PM

LVB, Enquiring minds want to know?! What were you ridin', and how tough is it wearing full leathers in Post-Hurricaine Weather?

One last thing, did you drag any chrome parts near Mulege?

Sorry, I'm a recovering squid!

jealous!!

capt. mike - 10-10-2003 at 11:27 PM

wish i could! some day for sure. my bike's in the shop in chula vista, broke suspension, but glad it happened in states, not baja. '87 softail. getting on in years!

lasvegasbiker - 10-11-2003 at 07:41 AM

I was rideing an 01 Honda Gold wing 1800 pulling a Bushtec trailer with the wife as co rider. Did not lose any parts ect. but did drag the bottom a few times going through the wash outs and again on some of the topes. Weather was cool and raining most of the time on the return trip and a lot of very slick mud to ride through. All in all a very wonderful trip and yes i want to do it again. If i can answer any other questions feel free to contant me at lasvegasbiker@hotmail.com or on here. Terry
Oh one other thing gas was no problem on the way down and only had to buy out of a barrel once on the way back at Cantivina.

vegas biker, keep us posted as to your

capt. mike - 10-11-2003 at 08:44 AM

plan to go again. i HAVE to do it!! in fact, am going to start shopping for a trailer. there's a hitch kit for my model H-D. then i could camp along the way. cooler, tent, mattress, BBQ etc.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it, especially as this weather breaks!