BajaNomad

Caught you!!!

Mike Supino - 9-5-2005 at 01:19 PM

Names logged on:

"2frogs, Al G, baja sur, bajajudy, comitan, Debra, Diver, eetdrt88, foghornleghorn, Garry, jrbaja, JZ, lencho, Mike Humfreville, Mike Supino, MIKEMCCARTY, MrBillM, mrchuck "

:wow::wow::wow::smug::smug::o:o:o

Mike

Baja Bernie - 9-5-2005 at 02:22 PM

Please explaln this to someone who was not logged on.

Bernie

jrbaja - 9-5-2005 at 02:32 PM

perhaps it would behoove you to read up on what's been going on before chiming in with your opinions.

jr, Bernie asked

beercan - 9-5-2005 at 02:44 PM

A question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't see any opinion !!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I look at all threads

jrbaja - 9-5-2005 at 02:47 PM

between the same folks as somewhat of a conversation. This especially get's interesting when everyone has the same name. Even more so when I am accused of being other members !!:lol::lol::lol:

JR

Baja Bernie - 9-5-2005 at 02:52 PM

It has never been one of your failings to read a post before you reply with your canned answers. I imagine that is why you didn't realize that I did not make any kind of statement.

Sharksbaja - 9-5-2005 at 02:57 PM

hey, wait a minute.........where the heck am I?????

Failure to log off

MrBillM - 9-5-2005 at 04:41 PM

If you fail to logoff a particular computer, you will still be shown as logged on IF it is a broadband connection and the computer remains connected. IF you are on a dialup, when you disconnect the modem, it will show you gone, however, when you reconnect, you will be shown as already logged on. If you connect via a different computer, you won't be already logged on. I run into this in the U.S. when I forget to logoff from one of my desktops and later connect via a laptop.

Yes

MrBillM - 9-5-2005 at 06:18 PM

I would surmise that once the constant communication between you and the server is interrupted by disconnect, it no longer shows you logged on. Remember, there is continual "Hand-Shake" info exchanged even when you're doing nothing as long as you're connected.

Am I sure that it happens on dialup? Yes. Numerous times I have neglected to log off when I've shutdown. Later, when I have gotten on the Internet with my laptop, I'm shown logged off, but even later or the next day when I boot up the Desktop I failed to Log off from, I am shown as again logged on without doing so.

rpleger - 9-5-2005 at 06:21 PM

Again....?What about Baja?
:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Sharksbaja - 9-5-2005 at 06:49 PM

which answers the nagging question: "Who is really active in real time"

according to the stats provided? Can't be sure of course. No?

The server has a realtime log though.

I just tried it.................

Mike Supino - 9-5-2005 at 07:06 PM

Log-in with IE and both browsers switch to the log-in name.

Mike Supino - 9-5-2005 at 07:34 PM

Caught together again:
backninedan, Bajaboy, Bajame, bbbait, comitan, Corky1, Debra, foghornleghorn, jerry, jrbaja, KurtG, Mike Humfreville, Mike Supino, rpleger, rts551, Salsa, Sharksbaja, wornout

Seems as if I can also receive u2u's from myself as foghorn

jrbaja - 9-5-2005 at 07:42 PM

as well. Doug? I just found out what is really going on. I would like to hear your side since you said it was my Ip address!

Mike Supino - 9-5-2005 at 07:51 PM

Last Post: Foghornleghorn (9-4-2005 at 08:39 AM)

Seems like they can still u2u

jrbaja - 9-5-2005 at 07:56 PM

whether they can post or not.

foghornleghorn
To: jrbaja
Folder: Inbox
Sent: 9/5/2005 at 06:27 PM
Message: I am foghornleghorn. You are JR. We are not the same are we. I don't belong to your chicken group either. I like to eat chickens. I wrote the administrator and told him to have the balls to admit his mistake. I seriously doubt he will. Lots of people seem to want the eat the sh-t he is dishing out to them.

Well Doug? Was it really my IP address?

[Edited on 9/6/2005 by jrbaja]

from foggy............

Mike Supino - 9-5-2005 at 08:07 PM

To: Mike Supino
Folder: Inbox
Sent: 9-5-2005 at 06:42 PM
Message: Hey mike, you got it totally wrong. JR aint foghorn. That was doug trying to ruin JR with a lie. You want my phone number? I live in N. baja.

Well Doug?

jrbaja - 9-5-2005 at 08:12 PM

I find it hard to believe you would do this. But, I also find it hard to believe bernie is such a shallow person. This days just full of chit/surprises.

"I too received a u2tu from foghorn. "

jrbaja - 9-5-2005 at 08:54 PM

What did I say?:lol::lol::lol:

Sharksbaja - 9-5-2005 at 11:02 PM

That is a very good synopsis Lencho. Cablemas obviously serves a wide range. Chances are the server(s) in question are in more than one location thereby saving bandwidth. My guess is that there is more than one server although like you said "they" could have set it up that way.

ip addressess can many times be easily traced to a network server and Lencho correctly stated that many ips are hidden and not accessable, but not always. There are other methods of determining originality tho sometimes may require a search warrant served upon the ISP to determine a subscribers or users physical (private) ip address.

Thanks Larry and Sharks

jrbaja - 9-6-2005 at 09:15 AM

But obviously the coop groupers aren't concerned with truth or facts. They just chime in together to attack, whether the accusations are true or false.

I think it's mandatory for a good P-nche gringo to follow these rules. Thus, georges WMD's or lack thereof, Baja gurus on this board giving Baja advice from there armchairs, and what has really happened to a once great country. Bullchit!

Wonder where Doug is!

JZ - 9-6-2005 at 09:53 AM

What happed to the poll?? It was deleted before I saw the results! Wonder how the numbers came out.

Another poll ?

jrbaja - 9-6-2005 at 09:58 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I have heard from Doug. :o

Mike Supino - 9-6-2005 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I have heard from Doug. :o

And???????

I'll leave that up to him.

jrbaja - 9-6-2005 at 10:10 AM

Lencho

MrBillM - 9-6-2005 at 12:00 PM

It's called Polling and it is at least done by the IP provider. Whether the server at BajaNomad is doing any polling is unknown to me and I'm not that curious about it. However, I just brought up my dialup activity dialog box and did NOTHING on the computer for a few minutes. Bytes Sent and Bytes received changed (slowly) during that time period, indicating polling. Many dialup connections use this to disconnect you after a period of inactivity.

Persistent Cookies ? That's possible, too, although I run Spyware on all of my computers which (in theory) intercepts and disposes of ALL cookies, especially on disconnect. At least that's what they claim.

I think we're sort of beating this horse a lot long after death. Most of the significant issues seem to be settled.

1. You CAN log on as two different people from the same computer, at least using two different Browsers i.e. Netscape and IE.
2. IP address is no indication of actual computer connection since many ISPs , especially Broadband use NAT (including DirecWay) and would show the same IP for a variety of users.

The bottom line seems to be that there is no way of establishing or disproving the JR-Foghorn connection, other than they are both into Chickens.

BTW, I have checked my cookies during operation and on boot up to find none. I also clear my cache before powering down.

[Edited on 9-6-2005 by MrBillM]

bajalera - 9-6-2005 at 12:15 PM

Once again, I haven't been able to figure out what the hell the significant issues are, so it's good to know they seem to have been settled.

If it can be done

jrbaja - 9-6-2005 at 01:37 PM

why hasn't anybody done it to prove it ?

bajaden - 9-6-2005 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
hey, wait a minute.........where the heck am I?????

Ok Sharky. You go 2 blocks and turn left. Go two more blocks and turn left again. You then go 8 blocks and turn right and then you go. Damm I'm lost. Where the heck am I??????

bajalou - 9-6-2005 at 04:46 PM

With Firefox you have the options of having the cookies deleated (also cache) when you close Firefox.

:o:

Bajaden

jrbaja - 9-6-2005 at 04:57 PM

Has obviously asked for directions in Mexico before!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

For all those useless coopers, seems like one of them would be able to duplicate what I supposedly did in their never ending quest to defame my name. But the dumbfawks can't!:lol::lol::lol:

So, either I am smarter, or somebodies full of chit!

Let's Eat

bajajudy - 9-6-2005 at 05:11 PM

Chickens
Cookies
To heck with all of this
Lets eat
some BAJA tacos.

Internet Explorer

MrBillM - 9-6-2005 at 07:43 PM

I would agree with Lencho about the things that IE may be doing behind your back. That's why I don't use that MS Crap. I've been using Netscape for years. The only reason I have IE on my computer is that there are certain Servers that DEMAND it. McAfee is one and MyDirecWay is another. I only use it when I have to.

The thing about cookies is a little tricky. Spyware Doctor (and others) are sort of engaged in misdirection. They intercept the cookie and quarantine it for deletion. They give the impression that they've accepted the cookie so you don't have a problem with a server that demands you accept them. Or, at least, that's the way it's supposed to work and appears to be doing fine.

Mr BillM

Roberto - 9-6-2005 at 08:25 PM

Polling in http? I don't think so.

[Edited on 9-7-2005 by Roberto]

No Argument

MrBillM - 9-6-2005 at 08:38 PM

You could very well be right. I am no expert on HTTP protocols and have no desire to become one. I made my money with 3270 and Ethernet Networks and I'm retired from that. The few support jobs I do anymore I have what knowledge I need.

I do know that my ISP monitors transmission activity and disconnects me after a set period of inactivity. One of the downsides to dealing with a discount ISP. I probably should not have used the term "Polling" since it has a very specific meaning in computer terminology. It is true, however, that the ISP is "monitoring" the connection.

As an added clarification, I should note that instead of using the term "Spyware" to describe the software, I should have said "Anti-Spyware". There now, everything is cleared up, right ?

Setting aside that issue, for whatever it was worth, the remainder remains true.

[Edited on 9-7-2005 by MrBillM]

FYI

Roberto - 9-6-2005 at 09:34 PM

HTTP is a transaction-based, not connection-based protocol. The life of the transaction completes between the request from the client and the response from the server. After that, the connection (at the HTTP level) is gone. That is why cookies are needed, to store information about the past transactions on the server and simulate a connection-based protocol.

What I find strange in all this is that Doug is well aware of all the technical issues surrounding what has been discussed here - including the potential duplication of IPs in a dynamically-assigned environment, yet he said what he said. I would suspect he has a reason for this.

David K - 9-6-2005 at 09:41 PM

All Doug said was that JR and 'Foggy' had the same IP address (and 'nuff said)... some of you seemed to read more into that short post. Doug didn't say JR and 'Foggy' where the same person, just the same IP. Interesting responces since then!:rolleyes:

I think that was pretty clever of Doug...:yes:

Now back to what's really important... Baja!

Chicken chit

jrbaja - 9-6-2005 at 09:44 PM

has just attained new levels! And I would stay out of this one if I were you dk.

JZ - 9-6-2005 at 09:52 PM

JR: just fess-up!!!!!!!!:o:o:o:o:o:o

Same IP Maybe!!!

jrbaja - 9-6-2005 at 10:13 PM

Me being Foghorn.... Not!!

If everyone is so concerned, why can't anyone else duplicate whatever happened?

Me being foghorn is bullchit and Doug knows it. But, it sure was a great setup though.

Especially with the coop group hens and their "crow"knees there to chime in.:lol:

JZ - 9-6-2005 at 10:26 PM

It is just too big a coincedence. Same IP address, writing on the same threads as you, conversing back and forth, both talking about the chicken. What are the chances? 1 in a million?

Guilty! :yes::yes::yes:

[Edited on 9-7-2005 by JZ]

David K - 9-6-2005 at 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Me being Foghorn.... Not!!

If everyone is so concerned, why can't anyone else duplicate whatever happened?

Me being foghorn is bullsh-t and Doug knows it. But, it sure was a great setup though.

Especially with the coop group hens and their "crow"knees there to chime in.:lol:

JR, didn't you read Lencho's posts... He did prove it, you just open a new window and register as a new Nomad, and you can post as two people until Doug deletes you, as he doesn't approve of dual personalities (LOL). Of course, you didn't need me to tell you how to do this, did you???

Why don't you just chill a bit, as I have been doing... If you aren't Foggy, then don't spend so much time saying so... Some will believe you and some will not... big whoop!

Anyway, you should do I as I do, get away from that border area city and get down into Baja... beyond the pavement... Take it easy amigo! Pickup those donations waiting for you at Baja Cactus... have a good time... :yes:

Dual Registration

Sharksbaja - 9-7-2005 at 12:43 AM

How can one register with the same email address more than once? Host/user software should prevent registration redundancy. That's what enables a host to restrict and prevent hacking or imposing by one user or more on the same account. I suppose if you had two valid ISP accounts and ran two computers independantly, then sure, it would be easy. Sounds like a lot of money for what?
I don't believe it's possible to just reregister as someone else in another window David. Give it a try.

BajaNomad - 9-7-2005 at 12:49 AM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=12579

Anyway, you should do I as I do, get away from that border area city and get down into Baja... beyond the pavement...

jrbaja - 9-7-2005 at 10:07 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You might try checking out http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum there David.

There is a lot more to Baja than shell island, bola, and pictures of a bunch of gringos with there trucks! But as you say, I doubt you will ever have the time to see any more than your enclaves. Which is good!

There's coastal golf...

The Gull - 9-7-2005 at 12:24 PM

Sharksbaja - 9-7-2005 at 01:04 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

bajalera - 9-7-2005 at 02:07 PM

Pompano, maybe instead of a band-aid you could find me a job so I wouldn't have time to read all this stuff?

Lera

Diver - 9-7-2005 at 02:20 PM

Pompano,

We need to work on that stance !!:lol:

Nice golf cart, though !!:lol::lol:

Cincodemayo - 9-7-2005 at 02:38 PM

Is that a bamboo pole in that thar hole? Has JR been there?

Mike Supino - 9-7-2005 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
[Edited on 9-7-2005 by Pompano]

There appears to be three balls in view.
Which one did you hit or are going to hit?

I'm confused :wow::wow::smug::smug:

Cincodemayo - 9-7-2005 at 03:11 PM

Mike...I believe that the ball has already rolled in the cup.

Diver - 9-7-2005 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A

Do all three balls have the same serial number????:saint:

TOO FUNNY !!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

comitan - 9-7-2005 at 04:01 PM

Pompano

I always looked forward to the gimmies.

Diver - 9-7-2005 at 06:35 PM

Comitan,

Better to take the gimmies and avoid the gotcha's !! :lol::lol:

Ken Bondy - 9-7-2005 at 06:38 PM

Pompano do you normally putt with a 7-iron ?
++Ken++