BajaNomad

Isla Cedros

Paulina - 9-11-2005 at 07:46 PM

Other than airline flights, cost, etc. {I have all that}, I am looking for info. on Isla Cedros from people who have actually been there lately, or personally know someone who has. I've done internet searches, but they are out of date.

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Paulina<*)))><

bajajudy - 9-11-2005 at 07:57 PM

Always wanted to go but could never get the airline sched to fit mine.
I am also curious. Hope some people answer.

David K - 9-11-2005 at 11:26 PM

There was a great web page by some German folks in a Unimog (I think), and they flew out there and wrote a bunch, with photos... Yes, an English translation was available. Does anyone else remember them... I think it was the same couple...???

Isla Cedros Flight

BajaRob - 9-12-2005 at 04:06 AM

Not current but memorable. We stood on the tarmac at the landing strip at Turtle Bay as there are no buildings nor schedule for that matter. After a few hours a C-46 landed. Once a few locals de-planed, we boarded. Instead of seats, one side of the plane contained a couple hundred cases of Tecate and the other side was filled with sides of beef wrapped in burlap. We chose to sit on the beer. The flight was short and as we approached Cedros we could see the plane's seats on the tarmac. After landing, we de-planed, the beef and Tecate was unloaded and the seats were installed. Now we were livin large. We then flew to Guerro Negro where I disovered that I was missing a $100 bill. Some lucky resident of Cedros hit the lotto and discovered a C note in his case of beer. Good on him. I don't know if you remember but we met at the Wet Buzzard Baja Bash year before last. enjoy your flight, Rob

[Edited on 9-12-2005 by BajaRob]

capt. mike - 9-12-2005 at 05:28 AM

a bunch of BBPers just went, great report, several are going back for lobster season and abalone. I'll be joining them, looks like a blast.

go to www.bajabushpilots.com