BajaNomad

CostCo Larry Has Big Trailer!!!

losfrailes - 9-17-2005 at 06:49 PM

Larry Aarhus, Santa Rosalia, now has a humungous double axle trailer and can bring down large items he previously could not handle, like refrigerators.

Larry usually goes up to San Diego around the first of every month so, If you have a need for such service, you can contact him at costcolarry@yahoo.com.

Each item will be treated separately so just let him know what you need.

I forgot to put his phone number (615) 152-3130 at his store.

[Edited on 9-20-2005 by losfrailes]

Bob and Susan - 9-17-2005 at 06:59 PM

GREAT News!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Marie-Rose - 9-17-2005 at 10:53 PM

I vaguely remember a previous post about "cost-co Larry". Can somoene remind me what he can bring from the states and how far south he will go???

bill erhardt - 9-18-2005 at 06:30 AM

There is also a Costco in Cabo San Lucas that carries refrigerators and other large items. They have a tire shop from which I purchased a pair of BFG's for my boat trailer last year for less than $50 each. Last week I took the tires in to have them reversed on the rims for uneven wear. I did not have the receipt, but they reversed the tires for 61 pesos. My suggestion is to forget about "Costco Larry' and the San Diego Costco. Go on down to Cabo and get your own refrigerator. The hotdogs alone make the trip worth while.

Bob and Susan - 9-18-2005 at 07:00 AM

...well....

Larry is in Santa Rosalia....miles north of Cabo....8 hours at least

That's a LONG way to drive....his service is needed....

jerry - 9-18-2005 at 07:31 AM

im not sure about the duty at the border but the costco in cabos prices are sky high compared to the states i bought the exact shelving in cabo and in the states a month apart and the price was exactly double have a good one jerry

losfrailes - 9-18-2005 at 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bill erhardt
There is also a Costco in Cabo San Lucas that carries refrigerators and other large items. They have a tire shop from which I purchased a pair of BFG's for my boat trailer last year for less than $50 each. Last week I took the tires in to have them reversed on the rims for uneven wear. I did not have the receipt, but they reversed the tires for 61 pesos. My suggestion is to forget about "Costco Larry' and the San Diego Costco. Go on down to Cabo and get your own refrigerator. The hotdogs alone make the trip worth while.

Thats kinda cruel to just say forget about "Costco Larry" don't you think. This man serves a very necessary function in this area. Not all of us are close to CostCo in Los Cabos.

Enjoy your trip down!!

losfrailes - 9-18-2005 at 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marie-Rose
I vaguely remember a previous post about "cost-co Larry". Can somoene remind me what he can bring from the states and how far south he will go???

Larrys little store is just south of the Pemex station on the southern outskirts of Santa Rosalia. It also serves as a gymnasium because he has a TON of workout equipment in there for people trying to work out.

I believe he will bring articles as far south as Santa Rosalia, it is then up to the person wanting the article to get it from
there to its final destination.

Larry also says that the trailer is big enough to bring a small car in if needed. So whatever fits I guess is the answer to what can he bring.

[Edited on 9-18-2005 by losfrailes]

capt. mike - 9-18-2005 at 09:14 AM

Larry is doing a great service and i hope to meet him soon and take advantage of it!!

moto or quad(s)
refer/freezer
jacuzzi tub
BBQ/smoker
sand rail maybe
small boat?!

whatever he's willing to bring down i can buy up at the TJ zone.

i will contact him this season - ain't ever frickin driving to cabo......

rpleger - 9-18-2005 at 09:16 AM

CostCo Larry provides a real service for the people of St. Rosalia and Muleg?. He makes a living and we get the products that we want.

Shop and buy local.

[Edited on 9-18-2005 by rpleger]

bajajudy - 9-18-2005 at 09:37 AM

I was wondering what happened to him. When I went to his old shop I found an auto parts store. Glad he is still in business. Could someone be a little more specific as to where he is now.

bill erhardt - 9-18-2005 at 10:32 AM

But does Larry have hotdogs?
The prices on tires at the Costco in Cabo were surprisingly good.
Costco was supposed to open an outlet in La Paz this year, but I haven't heard anything about it recently.

losfrailes - 9-18-2005 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
I was wondering what happened to him. When I went to his old shop I found an auto parts store. Glad he is still in business. Could someone be a little more specific as to where he is now.

Judy, he is in the same set of buildings as before, just a little closer to the Pemex station. Look for the building that says 'Gimnasio' and you got him!!

losfrailes - 9-18-2005 at 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bill erhardt
But does Larry have hotdogs?
The prices on tires at the Costco in Cabo were surprisingly good.
Costco was supposed to open an outlet in La Paz this year, but I haven't heard anything about it recently.

I don't think he intends to sell hotdogs!!

capt. mike - 9-19-2005 at 07:13 AM

i am a sucker for polish every time i hit a costco....wish he'd bring some!

bajaden - 9-23-2005 at 02:02 AM

Talked to Larry today. Actually about the trailer. Apparently the trailer has Texas plates with expired tags. He got pulled over on his last trip because whoever he bought the trailer from didn't give him the pink slip for it. I don't know who he bought it from, but if your out there, he would like to talk to you. He didn't seem very happy.

Bob and Susan - 9-23-2005 at 04:42 AM

California has permanent plates for this kind of trailer now....

No expired tags!!! EVER!!!

I lost one last year on MEX 1 this year ...

You can have that one if you find it:lol::lol:

More about CostcoLarry's services-

CasaManzana - 9-23-2005 at 09:40 AM

As a fulltime resident of Posada Conception, we depend on Larry to bring down our mail the first of every month. and we pay our bills from here online now. We have a mailbox across the street from the Costco he goes to in Chula Vista, so he picks it up there. This way we get our eBay stuff we buy as well. And he has picked up things from West Marine and Home Depot for us on a regular basis. He checks his email request list from my mail store when he arrives (MailMax USA) so you can just send in your wants to -
Costcolarry@yahoo.com . In the two years we have used his services, Larry has not missed once.

Skeet/Loreto - 9-25-2005 at 03:10 PM

For those who need Funiture , try a trip to Guadlahara[, and sourronding area for some excellent buys plus shipping is very cheap across to La Paz and up to Loreto.
Stay at the La Tapitio.

Skeet/Loreto