BajaNomad

To all full time residents of BCS

bajajudy - 9-24-2005 at 06:45 AM

Ok guys and gals
What would you do if a cat 5 hurricane were bearing down on us?
If you thought the interstates going north from Houston looked bad, what do you think #1 would look like.
Just curious about other's thoughts on this.
Norma is headed away....so far so good!

rpleger - 9-24-2005 at 07:36 AM

Head for higher ground.

Come back down and bring out the blue tarps and the brooms.

Osprey - 9-24-2005 at 07:49 AM

Judy, as you know we endured two "Beach Walkers", Ignacio and Marty 2 years ago -- they were 85 and 95 kts and beat us up pretty good. My HCB little Mexican house is 60 ft above sea level so I would just hunker down as before but I would tie down my good palapas with all my big boat ropes. The old Mexican guy who built this house so many years ago recessed the tin roof 10 inches below a crown that caps the outside walls of the structure -- pretty smart dude. Smarter than me!

bajaden - 9-24-2005 at 08:40 AM

I would stock my boat with cervesa, take it to higher ground, and sit in it. At that point, its just a matter of which lasts longer. My cervesa or the storm.

bajablue - 9-24-2005 at 10:09 AM

call Capt. Mike for a pick up.......

David K - 9-24-2005 at 10:18 AM

I still have this web page from 2002, made to promote Capt. Mike's 'Screaming Airlines'... Shown at the Oceanside airport with his three passengers (esposa de Mike, bajataco y su esposa) who came to Viva Baja #3, from Arizona. Photo taken by Wild Bill who provided transportation to the airport from the motel.

http://community-2.webtv.net/TheBaja/CaptMike/index.html

Tucker - 9-24-2005 at 10:20 AM

Sure has a lot to do with BCS and hurricanes DK!

David K - 9-24-2005 at 10:22 AM

Perhap's you missed this post RIGHT BEFORE MINE??:

bajablue

Junior Nomad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on 9-24-2005 at 10:09 AM

call Capt. Mike for a pick up.......

Tucker - 9-24-2005 at 10:41 AM

No I didn't, Captain Mike can speak for himself.

David K - 9-24-2005 at 10:43 AM

OK Charles, you are right...

Have a nice day!:spingrin:

Phil S - 9-24-2005 at 03:45 PM

Tucker & anon. Why don't you start your own chat room, and invite others, and exclude David K. That way you wouldn't have to "beat him up anymore"!!!!!!!!!! And the rest of us could enjoy this chatroom without have your "petty remarks" showing your dislike for David K. By now I think we all know your feelings. Do you have to continue this bashing????

Tucker - 9-24-2005 at 03:55 PM

Phil, I don't dislike David, he has been a guest in my home, he just needs occasional reminders that these forums and the threads on these forums should stay on topic and that we don't need constant reminders that he has a website. He also needs occasional reminders to not speak for others. Hi-jacking threads before they have served their purpose is rude. Let him speak for himself.

Calling these forums "chat rooms" is a slap in the face of our host.

Phil S - 9-24-2005 at 05:10 PM

Tucker. your right about my using the term "chat room" I've seen some that run around the same "mental thought" that occationally the Nomad does, and I guess I just slipped into the mind set when I responded to your comment to David. I'm glad that you do like David, & he's been a guest in your home. I had read this thread and didn't see any harm in what David was saying, as he did just respond to the prior entry. And I'm getting so used to reading the postings, and what seems like almost all the time, someone is "jumping" on him. Though I haven't been around as long as you have on the post, I'm sure your feeling go back a lot further than the time I"ve been "on board". Sorry about that.

Tucker - 9-24-2005 at 05:14 PM

Peace!

bajajudy - 9-24-2005 at 07:04 PM

Silly me.
I thought it would be nice to get other peoples ideas on this.
Higher ground sure is sounding good right now.
Buena Noche

Tucker - 9-24-2005 at 08:59 PM

David, quit stirring the pot, as I have posted before, you are quite possibly the most self-destructive person I have known.

bajalera - 9-24-2005 at 09:04 PM

Well, if it's still okay to get back to the chubasco, I would stock up on some really good sipping tequila, so if I drowned I would at least die happy.

Meanwhile, it seems to me that some of you guys tend to go off on little snits whenever someone questions someone else's post. Like a bunch of little old ladies.

Lera

Tucker - 9-24-2005 at 09:10 PM

Hey, I let it go way back when, I have only been responding to your sophomoric attempts to save face.

Lera, can I have a shot of your tequila?

[Edited on 9-25-2005 by Tucker]

rts551 - 9-24-2005 at 09:36 PM

WOW. I was kind of interested in what people would do. Norma looked like it could have turned more North. I went through one in Abreojos and would prefer not to do it again. But - Living in BCS leaves us with very few outs!

bajaden - 9-25-2005 at 12:44 AM

Well I'm lost. I've completely forgoten what the question was. I think I gave clever answer. Its hard to remember with children throwing tantrums. Why don't you guys just do pistols at 20 paces. At least then, if were lucky, we'll be rid of one of you.

Get a friggin life guys. Your acting like marooons. Do you really think were interested in your bickering. If you have to do it, use U2U. OK.

bajalera - 9-25-2005 at 08:03 PM

Mi tequila es tu tequila, Carlos.

wornout - 9-25-2005 at 08:22 PM

It's a pretty quiet Sunday evening so I though I would take a look at the bajanomads forum to see if anything has changed. Nope, it hasn't.

bahiamia - 9-25-2005 at 08:32 PM

Dude.....that is one thrashed Avatar.....

Eli - 9-25-2005 at 08:46 PM

Just for the heck of it, I will get back on subject of hurricane preperation. That is what this thread is about? Or did I get lost?

At Esquina de La Luna, for sure you will find at least 2 loaves of bread, peanut butter & jelly, besides, extra water, canned goods, just in case. Duck tape for the windows and we live high enough and far enough back from the water that we have always riden out many storms without much damage or hassle. Although yearly it is common to get land locked between two arroyos. It's pretty much a given to have to deal without water or electric, crossing the arroyo a foot for a couple of weeks of the year. Not a big deal.

My way of dealing with it the last couple of summers is to hang out in Oaxaca City for hurricane season.

Dave - 9-26-2005 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
Mi tequila es tu tequila

Where can I find signs like that? I need to give a few to my friends.;D

Puerto Vallarta

Cincodemayo - 9-26-2005 at 03:45 PM

Now this is a product of a hurricane!

Cincodemayo - 9-26-2005 at 03:46 PM

Hurricane Kena...This would be tekillya time:cool:

bajajudy - 9-26-2005 at 04:04 PM

Amen. Pass that bottle to me!
What year was this?

Dave
I think one that said

"Tu tequila es mi tequila"

would be better!

[Edited on 9-26-2005 by bajajudy]

Cincodemayo - 9-26-2005 at 04:31 PM

bajajudy...I believe it was 3 years now...

rpleger - 9-26-2005 at 04:43 PM

Don`t forget to keep a full tank of gasoline in your car for a get away.

?WOW, was that a surfer on the face of that wave?

bajajudy - 9-26-2005 at 04:48 PM

Richard
If it was, he/she is a permanant fixture in room 304

bajaden - 9-26-2005 at 10:50 PM

Amen, Judy, Amen.

Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us.
- Unknown

In some cases, its better that way. Have you heard some of these people sing. I know, I know, I'm sorry Judy.