BajaNomad

Shipping from US to La Paz?

rpmtech - 9-24-2005 at 09:30 AM

Hi All, new to the forum. I have moved to La Paz 4 months ago, and dont have a clue how shipping stuff works here.

I need to order stuff from the USA, like from online stores etc. The place I am buying from has worldwide express shipping, but how reliable is it to get stuff here?

I dont have any idea, so please if you have ordered stuff from the us and had it shipped, please let me know how it works.

Do they ship to your Mexico address? do you have to pick up somewhere?

Thanks for your help,

Rick

rpmtech - 9-24-2005 at 09:38 AM

Thanks, No this is just smaller stuff, like UPS handles.

rpleger - 9-24-2005 at 10:44 AM

I think that they have UPS and DSL in La Paz.

Amazon.com ships by mail and I have had great luck that way

Look in your phone book.

Tucker - 9-24-2005 at 10:51 AM

I find that looking around locally usually nets what I need, that's part of the Baja challenge and it benefits the local economy.

rpleger - 9-24-2005 at 11:01 AM

Right on Tucker.

Shop local when you can..................

Tucker - 9-24-2005 at 11:14 AM

Just ask someone where the tiolet landing light store is. If it is something that is really "needed", it will be there.

[Edited on 9-24-2005 by Tucker]

Bob and Susan - 9-24-2005 at 11:22 AM

Toilets!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

For Couples With Potty Issues: Toilet Landing Lights

End the lid up/lid down bathroom battle of the sexes once and for all with Johnny Lights, a $13 toilet night light that sends out a green warning beacon when the seat is up.

The Johnny Light is designed to protect ladies from that midnight splash-landing, while helping guys not to tinkle on the seat.

"I like to think I'm doing my bit to preserve marriages," say Johnny Light inventor Bill Bradford. "Contrary to popular belief, 60 percent of our customers are men."

rpleger - 9-24-2005 at 12:53 PM

Do we have a battery powered potty light for beach people.

Bob and Susan - 9-24-2005 at 01:09 PM

Richard on the HILL

Here is the link....

Battery Powered
http://www.johnny-light.com/