BajaNomad

Any Nomads in Ensenada area this weekend?

Hook - 9-30-2005 at 11:47 AM

My wife and me will be staying in the La Salina area through Monday. Plans are to hit Ensenada for dinner Saturday night (probably Barra Azul, at elgatoloco's recommendation) but that's about the only definite plans we have.

Tentative (note the capital letter on TENTATIVE) plans in the mix:

-breakfast in La Mision, maybe the place on the east side of the free road, right next to the bridge.

-drinks at the La Fonda bar, probably Sunday

-drinks at the La Salina Cantina (yeah, it's kind of a dive, but we like the atmosphere)

-shopping for veges and tortillas in La Mision (we just gotta find a tortilleria and mercadito in La Mision proper).

-fish tacos at ??? probably someplace near La Salina, but probably not the harbor. Although decent, they are overpriced.

-surf fishing at ???? Not bringing the boat down this time.

Any Nomads gonna be in the area and wanna hook up? Maybe some wine tasting and a dinner at Barra Azul?

In short, it is a get-away weekend. Also up to suggestions from others.

Stow the Anthony's Disco Bar or the Tony's Ladies Bar jokes, guys......the wife may read this. :lol:

U2U or post, if interested, by tonite, at 10pm. Gotta work a high school football game tonite from 7-9:30. We leave after that or manana, muy temprano.

The weather is looking good........

[Edited on 9-30-2005 by Hook]

Big Tuna, Tails Tournamnet

LaTijereta - 9-30-2005 at 12:17 PM

Hook,
There is the WON Tuna, Tails tournament at the Coral Marina this weekend..
Should be alot of action around the marina/ hotel as the boats get in both days:O:O

Check it out:biggrin:

Great suggestion!

Hook - 9-30-2005 at 01:56 PM

We have never hit the facilities there. Worth checking out.

Any idea what time weigh-in is on each day?

Bob and Susan - 9-30-2005 at 02:59 PM

That's a pretty nice place...nice slips...ramp OK

Rooms are a little expensive for us though....
Food was good too...

I think to get a tuna...don't you just go to "the Pens" in the bay and throw a "Hook" in?:biggrin:

Long cast from shore

Hook - 9-30-2005 at 03:22 PM

but I like your thinking!

How does the restaurant/bar compare to the Punta Morro restaurant nearby? We liked that place.

Stop by Pyramid and say hi to Mike and I.

Keri - 9-30-2005 at 05:17 PM

:yes: Come in the Plaza del mar gate by the Pyramid and turn left and follow the signs. we just got back from two weeks in Baja sur , so Hot I thought we were going to die. Glad to be home,k,

David K - 9-30-2005 at 06:25 PM

You will post a trip report... won't you, Keri???:yes::yes::yes: