BajaNomad

Why the Nomads board turned into

jrbaja - 10-9-2005 at 09:01 PM

a waste of time.
1. A lack of unbiased moderating
2. The chicken coop group
3. Gossip thru u2u
4. Anonymous posters

No wonder all the intelligent people say they don't have time anymore! Quantity instead of quality seems to be the goal here. And it surely shows.

At least the anons are able to get views and comments, when they use my name that is!:lol::lol::lol:

Too bad Doug. Oughtta turn into a nice chat room at the rate it's going.:no: It's already getting the same mentality.

Anonymous - 10-9-2005 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Quantity instead of quality seems to be the goal here. And it surely shows.

That's pretty rich, coming from you! :lol::lol:

I remember when you when in top form, posting upwards of 30 times a day - when do you sleep?

Uh oh, they finally moderated

jrbaja - 10-9-2005 at 09:04 PM

Er uh, just kidding,:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: NOT

Anonymous - 10-9-2005 at 09:43 PM

Quote:
a waste of time.
1. A lack of unbiased moderating
2. The chicken coop group
3. Gossip thru u2u
4. Anonymous posters

No wonder all the intelligent people say they don't have time anymore! Quantity instead of quality seems to be the goal here. And it surely shows.

At least the anons are able to get views and comments, when they use my name that is!:lol::lol::lol:

Too bad Doug. Oughtta turn into a nice chat room at the rate it's going.:no: It's already getting the same mentality.

It's because of you Junior.
#1 You are the major cause of moderation.
#2 you coined the phrase. Takes one to know one.
#3 if you say so. As if you don't do the same...
#4 as if you haven't gotten your jollies off doing just that..

I won't go into intellegent people, they know sh8t when they read it and smartly won't reply. You are the one who goes for quantity. Check your number.

you wouldn't dare check into the chat room. YOu're not man enough and who would want to chat it up with you?

Silly.

If I were living in paradise as you are I sure wouldn't be spending so much time behind the computer screen.
Go back to saving Baja.

I'm trolling my lucky lure here Junior, come on and bite it.

FrankO - 10-9-2005 at 10:52 PM

Quantity vs, quality.... I will say this JR, you are shameless. You could not be more full of chit.
Sign me Frank O., shameless tourist, part time resident and eternal optimist.

Beat me up Scotty

Sharksbaja - 10-9-2005 at 11:24 PM

Well JR I think you finally were able to slam each and every one of us with this one. It was the "quantity" thing and the intelligence gone away thing that got me. (sob)
Double edged sword if it were. :(

[Edited on 10-10-2005 by Sharksbaja]

Diver - 10-10-2005 at 04:48 AM

WHY RESPOND TO THIS IDIOT ??? PLEASE DO NOT.

PLEASE HIT THE "REPORT" BUTTON AND LET DOUG KNOW THAT THIS CRAP IS NOT WANTED. THE ONLY BAD REPUTATION NOMAD HAS GOTTEN IS DUE TO JR AND HIS RANTS AND INSULTS.

Anonymous - 10-10-2005 at 05:49 AM

Right on Diver

Anonymous - 10-10-2005 at 07:25 AM

I think it's pretty disrespectful of our host who provides this free forum to denigrate it like that.

Reminds me of another poster who complained that he wasn't being "treated fairly." Heh.

If I had a complaint I would u2u it, instead of a more theatrical approach.

That's pretty funny

jrbaja - 10-10-2005 at 10:04 AM

3 of the intelligent people take it personally and the rest of the bites are from anonymous. I was just seeing if such a rude post would be deleted or I would be kicked off. It wasn't and I wasn't! :lol::lol::lol:

Pretty unbiased moderating though.

Yall crack me up. Still!

I'm working on a new book, "Finding Ones Self Through Anonymity" Looks like it has worked incredibly well on here!:lol:

comitan - 10-10-2005 at 10:39 AM

JR

If the nomads board is a waste of time why are you here? You seem to have a builtin firewall that blocks out any constructive critiscism, that would make you a more personable person, which in turn would help your projects.

bajaden - 10-10-2005 at 11:23 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to go out and burn some bamboo. I'll show you Jr. Hit you where it hurts.
Hey Jr, I'm only 4,400 posts behind you. You must be hearing footsteps. You know what happens to quarterbacks don't you?

comitan - 10-10-2005 at 11:29 AM

Burn-burn-burn, I feel a sack coming on.

My projects are fine thank you.

jrbaja - 10-10-2005 at 11:35 AM

And the last thing I want is nomad involvement with any of them. If anyone wants to send stuff to needy people, they appreciate it. But the nonsense I have to listen to on here about it makes it barely worth it.

And basically because I'm board. I get all beat up and feel like an idiot when I'm on the WWF boards, same with the motorhead boards, so I come over here to feel intelligent! I thought that's why everyone was hear.:lol::lol::lol:

Every once in a while I throw something interesting out there. But none of that stuff gets near the response as when I mention something that may offend some if they take it personally.:lol::lol::lol: That's why I haven't been booted.
Beats watching Oprah or Soaps donit?

Constructive criticism= agreeing with those I seldom agree with? Kissing ass to make friends ? Talking behind peoples backs ? Hiding behind anonymity ? Gathering all my friends together to feel safe in Mexico? Going to the same spots over and over and pretending to know Baja ?

No gracias, I'd much rather pee people off by being honest. And the ones I respect, don't take what I have to say personally. Go figger!

Frank, Sharks, Diver and Den

jrbaja - 10-10-2005 at 11:39 AM

I'm surprised at you guys !:lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

jrbaja - 10-10-2005 at 11:50 AM

Not the bamboo!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

And for Comi, I didn't forget you sweetheart, I just wanted to make your ears turn red fer a minnit. Did it work?:biggrin: :lol: Ha ha ha, I just saw your reply, it worked!

And, here's three posts just to outmaneuvre the QB sack.:light:

BajaNomad - 10-10-2005 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Every once in a while I throw something interesting out there. But none of that stuff gets near the response as when I mention something that may offend some if they take it personally.
Your behavior here (lately?) is that of a bully - which is very disturbing.... and grade-school:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9908/20/bullies/

Bully bahavior:
- aggression
- social ridicule
- teasing
- name-calling
- issuing threats

This attitude and behavior needs to stop. I've requested this privately, and now all this seems to just be you playing games on here... at everyone else's expense. I do not appreciate such.

I would hope - and encourage - that your interaction here remains the "interesting" kind and not the "response" inspired kind.

Quote:
That's why I haven't been booted.
Not so. In the past you've "walked" the fine-line of respecting my requests. Right now you're pushing the envelope even further.

I don't want to play games.

Please play nice, or don't play at all. :biggrin:

Thanks,
--
Doug

FrankO - 10-10-2005 at 02:14 PM

Why would I surprise you? I'm always frank.

JR, PLEASE, just quietly disappear.

vgabndo - 10-10-2005 at 03:06 PM

Doug has been exceedingly patient with your incessant childishness; perhaps more than was fair to the civil folks on this board. Even when I try to skip over your usual drivel, you manage to inject your spite into people's threads where I wouldn't expect it.

What the bloody Hell is your point? DON'T ANSWER THAT.

We normally advise kids on the school yard to ignore the bully. In this case I'm ready to recommend the best solution would be to break the bully's freakin' nose.

You've earned no respect at all. I cast my vote in favor of permanent banishment.

Jeez, I've let you provoke me AGAIN.

I have never issued

jrbaja - 10-10-2005 at 05:32 PM

any threats.
But it seems as if it's ok to do that for as many as I've seen issued.

Bajaboy - 10-10-2005 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
see below

In case you missed one of Jr's posts, just insert the following "blah, blah, blah, and in case you missed my point, blah, blah, blah, and don't forget that I am the almighty Baja prophet.....you chicken coopers"

Zac

This is just like being

jrbaja - 10-10-2005 at 09:15 PM

around the campfire at BOLA or the El Rosario Fest. :lol:

What do you guys have to say when it's not complaining about what I say? Anything?

I'm starting to think it's some sort of club! Now, if I could just come up with a name for this group.:lol::lol::lol:

Bajaboy - 10-10-2005 at 09:35 PM

JR-you could get bumper stickers, t-shirts (with front pocket), hats, etc...maybe we could have a contest for the best saying...definately not "who shot JR?"....maybe something like "I went all the way to Baja and all I got was some harassment on Nomads from JR" slogan...what do you think?

You know I don't have anything against you personally...I just hate the snivelling...get back to talking about Baja and sharing your pictures...by the way, I'll be at Agua Verde at Christmas...come on down for a Ballena...after that I'll be exploring the coast between Asuncion and Bahia Tortugas..

Zac

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by Bajaboy]

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by Bajaboy]

David K - 10-10-2005 at 10:40 PM

Quote:
around the campfire at BOLA or the El Rosario Fest. :lol:

What do you guys have to say when it's not complaining about what I say? Anything?

I'm starting to think it's some sort of club! Now, if I could just come up with a name for this group.:lol::lol::lol:

The last time I was around a campfire at Bahia de L.A. was the last time I was at Camp Gecko, New Years '05... and it was great! We were invited over to a campfire by a Canadian family, tossed in some magic rocks, Packoderm, Bedman, others were there... then a great surprise is that TW and his wife showed up (driving all the way from BajaLou's turkey feast in San Felipe earlier that day)!

The El Rosario festival was a wonderful time for all the Nomads I talked to, as well. We arrived too late for the Friday night campfire at the beach... But, with all of Rosario's old timers there telling stories, that had to be awesome... The San Quintin radio station even did a live feed to cover the historic evening!

So, campfires with Baja Nomads and the Baja people are wonderful times... Of course you would have to actually be there to experience them, rather than put them down because you didn't go, or that it wasn't your creation, or idea...

Photo of campfire at Camp Gecko, with 'Magic Rocks' tossed in for color, taken by Bedman (more great Bahia de L.A. photos at http://vivabaja.com/bedman2 )

The Gull - 10-10-2005 at 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whistler
JR seems to rub people the wrong way but he says what he feels is the truth and isn't scared to say it.I think he enjoys controversy which isn't really a bad thing.It Gets people thinking.
I think maybe I'll start a controversy myself.
IT DON"T TAKE ANY TALENT TO TROLL! "Fishing" wise that is.
(Marlin guys excluded).

You have described the behavior of a child, as well - a spoiled one at that. If you admire that aspect of the rantings, then you have your standards.:no::no::no::no::no:

Sharksbaja - 10-10-2005 at 11:39 PM

Nice try Whistler! How dare you use mono when were all using braided nylon. Now THAT'S controversial!

Braulio - 10-11-2005 at 08:49 AM

Yeah - I used to let old JR ring my bell every now and then but I changed my way of thinking - now I mostly just feel sorry for the guy. And I'm sincere about that. It's pretty obvious he has some personal issues going on - I doubt that he's able to interact much in the real world so now he's relegated to pushing peoples buttons on the web.

It's a heck of a way to live. I wish him well. If this board is really that important to him, let him have it - we can all choose to not open his posts.

As for his supposed "knowledge" of anything he has no credibility with me - I just don't trust the man.

Doug - another trait of bullies is that they always feel they're the one's being persecuted.

bajaden - 10-11-2005 at 09:58 AM

Jr. I'm surprised at you. Is that redundit? Did you ever try to light a piece of bamboo? Let me tell you, don't inhale....
Quite smoking that stuff Jr. It'll make you cranky..

And I thought the stench

jrbaja - 10-11-2005 at 08:18 PM

from the river was bad !:lol::lol::lol::o

Skipjack Joe - 10-11-2005 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
JR seems to rub people the wrong way but he says what he feels is the truth and isn't scared to say it.I think he enjoys controversy which isn't really a bad thing.It Gets people thinking.
I think maybe I'll start a controversy myself.
IT DON"T TAKE ANY TALENT TO TROLL! "Fishing" wise that is.
(Marlin guys excluded).

By the way, Whistler. One of the bad raps I heard about being guided by Gary Graham (when you've signed up for a flyfishing experience in baja) is that he often takes you out in the panga and you end up trolling the fly at the end of you flyrod.

David K - 10-11-2005 at 08:30 PM

Joe, a word of warning... Never mention Gene Kira around Whistler!!!:lol::o

David K - 10-11-2005 at 11:08 PM

:lol: sorry Glenn! I would be happy to delete that if it really irritates you! :biggrin:

Trolling Sucks!!!!

flyfishinPam - 10-17-2005 at 01:47 PM

nfm

Whistler and Pam---

Barry A. - 10-17-2005 at 04:14 PM

Those statements are both prepostrous, and cannot be allowed to stand.

Trolling is fun, and besides, you get somewhere while engaged. You even catch some fish, once in a while, and that is good.

David K - 10-17-2005 at 04:15 PM

Glenn, my dad was the fisherman in my family... I like it, but didn't sink in as deeply as his love of it. So, my question to you is, how do you catch DORADO (dolphinfish, mahi mahi)? We caught them always trolling between the islands and Puerto Escondido... Thanks!!!

Anonymous - 10-18-2005 at 11:34 AM

There's a rivalry in the fly fishing community and the statement "Trolling Sucks" was tongue in cheek and not meant to put down those who troll. Personally the sound of a motor in troll puts me to sleep and there is no challenge in hooking up a fish by trolling a fly. Fish will take trolled flies almost more readily than they will live bait or trolling feathers. Maybe for their action in the water and the high amount of flash used when making them.

Trolling within message boards also sucks and that's more f what I meant.

Fly fishin' Pam

David K - 10-18-2005 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
David,Dorado will eat anything,jigs,plastic,bait etc.Sorry Pam,they readily take flies.

Okay, so you just park your boat midchannel with some bait or a jig? Thanks!

Whisler------

Barry A. - 10-18-2005 at 01:13 PM

I was kidding on the trolling to "get somewhere", etc. but I used to always troll when we were thru with a day of exploring, and serious fishing-----we were never in a hurry to get home, so when the wind started coming up and the waves started running big, we would troll for miles as we ran for home beach at slow speeds to avoid getting swamped in our little tin boats-----you know, sorta like "killing two birds with one stone" phylosophy.

vandenberg - 10-18-2005 at 03:57 PM

Main reason I troll here in Loreto in the summer is trying to create some kind of breeze to stay , maybe not cool, but at least cooler. Sitting still fries you;););)

comitan - 10-18-2005 at 05:03 PM

Vandenburg I'm with you if you don't keep moving you'll fry. Also you have to find the fish. By the way how did this thread get onto fishing?

bajaden - 10-19-2005 at 12:56 PM

Im with you Vandy. Frankly the last few times I went out I trolled just to keep cool. We were catching more fish on the bottom but I was dying from the heat.

vandenberg - 10-19-2005 at 03:17 PM

Comitan

That's the topic. " WHY DOES THE BOARD TURN INTO FISHING ":o:o:biggrin::biggrin:

comitan - 10-19-2005 at 03:29 PM

Because for some of us thats what Baja is all about.

comitan - 10-19-2005 at 04:58 PM

Ask DK & JR. Oh

JR & DK

DK & JR

JR & DK

[Edited on 10-20-2005 by comitan]

Which is it tonight Comi

jrbaja - 10-19-2005 at 05:15 PM

The sauce or the senility?:lol:

comitan - 10-19-2005 at 05:22 PM

FUN FUN FUN:lol::lol::lol::lol:

David K - 10-19-2005 at 05:25 PM

Please... JR and are I are playing nice (right JR?) now...

[Edited on 10-20-2005 by David K]

comitan - 10-19-2005 at 05:27 PM

History always repeats itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I don't know about you David

jrbaja - 10-19-2005 at 05:30 PM

but we are flying south tomorrow. Obviously Comi is getting bored as all our CRAP was subsiding. There are some who dig it up from long time ago. Out of lack of anything substantial to say I guess.

comitan - 10-19-2005 at 05:36 PM

JR

Have a good trip hope your Bamboo did well.

David K - 10-19-2005 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
but we are flying south tomorrow. Obviously Comi is getting bored as all our CRAP was subsiding. There are some who dig it up from long time ago. Out of lack of anything substantial to say I guess.

We are driving south tomorrow, as well... Will this place and our fans survive without JR and DK for a few days, oh my!?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Come on Nomads, keep up the posting of trip reports and photos, past and present... More Baja and Less Bull!!!:light:

Long as they don't

jrbaja - 10-19-2005 at 06:48 PM

talk about us while we are gone David. :lol::lol::lol:

Don't worry anymore.....

Sharksbaja - 10-19-2005 at 06:53 PM

I'll be down there also!;D

David K - 10-19-2005 at 09:21 PM

Have a safe trip JR (and Carol?)...

Barry

Skipjack Joe - 10-20-2005 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Those statements are both prepostrous, and cannot be allowed to stand.

Trolling is fun, and besides, you get somewhere while engaged. You even catch some fish, once in a while, and that is good.

I think they meant trolling flies with a flyrod. It's hard to fish jointed rebels without trolling them. I think most of the "Baja Catch" is about trolling. But trolling a fly takes away most of the sport out of it. A significant part of flyfishing is presentation and trolling just removes that aspect of it.

Anyway, a good guide should be able to put you into casting situations for dorado. When a guide tells me to let the line out, we'll be trolling for a bit. I suppress a yawn and realize that I've hired the wrong person. The good ones know the general area of good fishing and search the water for signs of working fish (frigate birds, kelp pads, busting bait). When they don't find it they high tail it to the next possibility. The bad ones are just covering water hoping something will come up and grab. Searching for fish uses up gas and some of the trollers are just trying to save a buck:(.

It's not a black and white thing and you could argue about this for awhile. But with flyfishing trolling is a black thing for me. I see no white in it.

David, you too!

jrbaja - 10-20-2005 at 09:16 AM

Sharks, you too. If anyones in the San Bartolo area, come on by and ask for the gringo con bamboo.

Capt. George - 10-22-2005 at 07:27 AM

Whistler...

Took the vegetable garden out of the Dusky and launched her at the estero. Had dorado, yt & bonita....great day. Inlet a piece of cake for the Dusky......6 hours trolling and running, 10 gallons of fuel, what an engine, Suzuki 140 4 stroke.

Hope to see you when you're down....going to FL around mid Nov, gonna sell house, too many hurricanes, not enough time for me to be there...
Life in Baja is goooooooooood!

su amigo George