BajaNomad

Clam recipe/Pismo type

Butch - 10-28-2005 at 02:13 PM

Any good recipes for the large pismo type clams that we hop to find on the beach ?

Pompano - 10-28-2005 at 04:02 PM

Butch, I swiped this one out of my wifes computer-stored recipes. Hope you like lasagna!

RECIPE #1 SEAFOOD LASAGNA

2 cups Splash Caf? Clam Chowder
1/4 cup butter or margarine.
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion or shallots
1/2 cup green onions chopped
2 Tbsp. minced Jalapeno Pepper
2 cup Corn (frozen or 1 16oz can)
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Cream cheese
1/4 cup lime juice ( 2 limes)
1 # med. Shrimp - fresh
1/2 # Crab meat
9 cooked Lasagna noodles
1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
Pepper
In food processor, combine Jack, Parmesan, Ricotta, and Cream cheeses & lime juice.
Process until smooth.
Peel and coarsely chop shrimp. Combine shrimp and crabmeat in a bowl.
In a saucepan melt butter. Add green and yellow onion, saut? until transparent.
Add minced jalapeno and corn; cook 2 minutes.
Heat Splash Caf? Clam Chowder in the microwave or in a pan (carefully) until hot.
Stir in onions and corn mixture and put aside.
Spread ? cup chowder/corn mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over chowder/corn mixture; top with half of the cheese mixture, half of the shrimp mixture, and ? cup chowder/corn mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with noodles. Spread the remaining chowder/corn mixture over the noodles, and sprinkle with cumin and pepper.
Cover with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray, cut 10 1-inch slits in the foil.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Yields 9 servings

Butch - 10-28-2005 at 04:27 PM

Thanks Pompano. Lasagne is a favorite but think I will pull some of these ingrdients and come up with a chowder.

baja clam c-cktails - built to order!

woody with a view - 10-28-2005 at 08:09 PM

snappy tom or clamato
pico de gallo - onion, cilantro, tomato, garlic, lime, serano (or not)
figure 2-3 clams per person
avocado

open clams, save the milk!
SCRAPE the stomach contents (dark section) do not remove stomach
dice into chunks to suit your taste buds

mix clams and all the rest of the ingredients and let sit for an hour (if you can wait that long).

Packoderm - 10-28-2005 at 10:00 PM

Last time at Camp Gecko, I boiled them up as usual and put them in omelets. I got the idea from the light green restaurant next to the bar in San Felipe. Just today I did the same thing here at home but used a can of crab meat instead. I use about 6 egg whites and one whole egg. I use 2 slices of low fat or non fat American cheese. Quick and pretty yummy.