BajaNomad

Expiration/exasperation

thebajarunner - 10-19-2003 at 05:50 PM

Doug,
I really enjoy having the opportunity to reminisce about the "old days" which means when the pavement stopped well before San Quintin.

I do have one great frustration.
In the time it takes me to write a brief post I am "page expired" from the site.
While it is a simple matter to delete the expiration notice and rezap the site it would be nice to have just a little more time before the time bomb explodes.

Not a gripe, just a comment.

You are doing a nice job with this, bear with this band of unwashed infidels who gather at your tent...

Baja Vida!!

re-zapped

thebajarunner - 10-19-2003 at 05:52 PM

In the time it took to write that I got time bombed...

Baja Vida!!

BajaNomad - 10-19-2003 at 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
In the time it takes me to write a brief post I am "page expired" from the site.
While it is a simple matter to delete the expiration notice and rezap the site it would be nice to have just a little more time before the time bomb explodes.
I need more details, as this is not something I'm aware the system is doing.

There should be no "page expired" messages, and thusly I need a better idea of what is causing you to receive that message.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

David K - 10-19-2003 at 09:27 PM

I have never got a message like that...on WebTV or my computer... Has to be your browser, I bet...

[Edited on 10-20-2003 by David K]

Pages expiring

thebajarunner - 10-20-2003 at 08:57 AM

O.K. guys, thanks.
It is the only website that I ever have this problem with, but it is really not a problem, just a small annoyance.
If no one else has it, then I guess I should enjoy being unique.
As my kids tell me continually, "Dad, you are in the 'Ronald Reagan Era of Communications' ".
Somehow I don't think that is a compliment.

Baja Vida!!!

Problem with replies

bajalera - 10-22-2003 at 05:29 PM

I sent a reply to Ski Baja's Old Families post, which apparently didn't go anywhere but doesn't want to leave either. I've chacked the Delete This Message! but nothing happens. When I enter New Topic, the damn thing reappears. Am I doing something stupid, or what?

Jim - 10-22-2003 at 07:38 PM

from thebajarunner-
Quote:

I am "page expired" from the site

The next time it happens, just hit your "Back" button or click on the "Back" icon at the top of the page.
See if this remedies the situation.

back key

thebajarunner - 10-22-2003 at 09:18 PM

Jim,
Thanks for the thought but hitting the "back key" is what triggers the 'whiteout' to begin with.
It is just easier to x out of the site, and come right back off the favorites,
just annoying,
since no one else shares my problem I will keep making the end run and not make a fuss about it.
Thanks to all who had some helpful thoughts.

Hey, if I had this machine figured out like my 12 year old nephew it would be "down-town" for sure!

Baja Vida!!

Natalie Ann - 10-23-2003 at 08:02 AM

Bajarunner - Kids today are born with a special DNA spiral making them adept with computers. I remember 20 years ago when our kid had the 'puter out of the box, assembled, up, running & sending email while we were still reading the instructions. I'm hoping he'll drop by soon and make mine work properly again. Perhaps I can send him your way?:spingrin:

Computer DNA

thebajarunner - 10-23-2003 at 08:13 AM

Natalie, is the backside of that DNA the component that keeps kids from looking out the window while driving through Yosemite, Chinatown, Catavina or other reasonably interesting places??
Must be!
Anyway thanks for the offer of help, my daughter is "only" 30 and her boyfriend works for some tech place I cannot even describe.
They stop by often enough to tweak my machine, add stuff that I never use and then give me laborious verbal descriptions of what has been accomplished and why.
I suspect that my vacant gaze and silent nods tells it all.
Hey, at least I can post Nomad and make the e-mail function...

Baja Vida!!

page expired

thebajarunner - 10-28-2003 at 09:51 AM

Jim, you are right!
I have experimented more with the "page back" arrow.
If I hit it enough times I do get back to site, live and in color.
Sometimes it takes about 4 hits and I wander back through "stuff" but it does seem to get there, even more quickly than a quick "out and back in"

Thanks!!

Baja Vida!!!