BajaNomad

TurtleandToad--Black & Whites

LoretoBound - 11-6-2005 at 08:54 AM

Curious what printer you like? I've been extremely happy with my Epson 2200-- and I agree 6 megapixel is more than sufficient for 99% of what I do. I think there is more discussion to be had around CCDs and color rendition and highlight/shadow detail. I'm
an old school Zone System person---Ansel Adams black & white...and there is still NOTHING like large format silver halide. In fact, it would be interesting to me to see B&Ws of Baja....know who has shot any over the years????? published???? or otherwise.

Digital is great and Silver Halide is magic (at least to me)

LoretoBound SOON--counting down the days 14 to go:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::light:

turtleandtoad - 11-6-2005 at 05:20 PM

I'm using the HP Deskjet 1220C wide format printer, up to 17" wide and infinite length. Even though I can adjust the color pallette, I've never had to do much as the colors are usually dead on.

Before I went full-timing I had a HP Designjet 500 CNI, up to 36" wide and infinite length.

The Epson 220 would be in the running if I were in the market today. It's a good printer. I also like the old B&W stuff but have gotten hooked on color. Occasionally I'll do a B&W or sepia print of one of my color shots, some look better in B&W.

Not sure who would have a lot of Baja B&W but my guess would be Pompano or Bruce. Both have posted B&W pictures in the past.

If you're still around in Feb, get in touch. I'll be kicking around Baja Sur from then to April or May. I usually come into Loreto about once a month to use the bank and have Sunday brunch at Cafe Ole.

LoretoBound - 11-12-2005 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by turtleandtoad
I'm using the HP Deskjet 1220C wide format printer, up to 17" wide and infinite length. Even though I can adjust the color pallette, I've never had to do much as the colors are usually dead on.

Before I went full-timing I had a HP Designjet 500 CNI, up to 36" wide and infinite length.

The Epson 220 would be in the running if I were in the market today. It's a good printer. I also like the old B&W stuff but have gotten hooked on color. Occasionally I'll do a B&W or sepia print of one of my color shots, some look better in B&W.

Not sure who would have a lot of Baja B&W but my guess would be Pompano or Bruce. Both have posted B&W pictures in the past.

If you're still around in Feb, get in touch. I'll be kicking around Baja Sur from then to April or May. I usually come into Loreto about once a month to use the bank and have Sunday brunch at Cafe Ole.

Thanks T&T...will do. Probably back Feb 19th, but popping in and out. I see I disconnected this topic by accidentally creating a"new" topic....I'll get the hang of this...take care:(