BajaNomad

Baja Search and Rescue

Ski Baja - 10-22-2003 at 12:43 PM

What do yall thinka dis ? Baja Search and Rescue is located in Rosarito. You can stop there and check in prior to your trip down, use the messaging center and Internet, pick up a Mexican Cell phone and service and if you have any problems at all, you call Baja Search and Rescue and they send whatever you need as far as mechanics, red cross, whatever. And, by you leaving an itinerary and periodic check ins, if you are not heard from you will be looked for immediately. Anywhere in Baja, backroads included or even on the waters of Baja. This means, if you have a breakdown trying to get your Corolla to Timbabichi, you know someone will be looking for you.
With phone, radio and internet connections in over 600 locations on the peninsula, this is by far the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to be secure in Baja.
Stuck in Isla San Jose and can't get parts for that Seagull Outboard? Baja Search and Rescue can get anything from the states and shipped immediately to your location.
For more information email jrbaja@hotmail.com

Website?

Lippie - 10-22-2003 at 01:11 PM

Do they have a website?

Thx
Lippie

Baja Search and Rescue

Ski Baja - 10-22-2003 at 02:00 PM

Not yet but the email is bajasearchand rescue@yahoo.com

SEARCH & RESCUE

Capt. George - 10-22-2003 at 03:55 PM

Have a pretty good system in the Bahamas......maybe we cwn get a system going in Baja. Could use each other and VHF.......localize....I'm in!!!

Communications

Ski Baja - 10-22-2003 at 05:28 PM

George, email me with your ideas. jrbaja@hotmail.com

Dave - 10-22-2003 at 07:09 PM

Baja search and rescue? I swear.. All you folks are paranoid. What with talk of cell phones, sat phones, GPS and Internet availability you would think no one had any sense of direction. This is Baja, NOT deepest darkest Africa. Disconnect...and live a little!

Jim - 10-22-2003 at 07:28 PM

Sounds good, JR
BTW, check your U2U.
Jim

Baja Search and Rescue

Ski Baja - 10-22-2003 at 07:49 PM

Dave, I was hoping to count on Nueva York deli for emergency Pastramis as needed. And speaking of which---.

COOOOOL.............

Debra - 10-23-2003 at 05:36 AM

PLEASE forward this to my friend Mike H. at www.ileavemyrigsinBaja.com if anybody needs this service he does!!! :o

I mean this in a 'kind and loving way' PUTZ!

westy - 10-23-2003 at 09:18 AM

.........forget being stuck or lost!! THATS all just a state a of mind. How about a REAL emergency....like you're truck broke down yesterday afternoon on a VERY lonely road and your down to your last case of Pacifico!!:(

BOO!!...it's almost Halloween and I had to get in a scary story!:)
Sorry...........hope I didn't scare ya too bad

Baja Search and Rescue

Ski Baja - 10-23-2003 at 10:09 AM

Atrue emergency such as that would be dealt with accordingly. First the Pacificos , then any of the other not so serious problems like fixing the truck.

Baja Search and Rescue

Ski Baja - 10-23-2003 at 11:12 AM

Sorry , the Yahoo address doesn't seem to be working so for any info., just use jrbaja@hotmail.com

westy - 10-23-2003 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ski Baja
Atrue emergency such as that would be dealt with accordingly. First the Pacificos , then any of the other not so serious problems like fixing the truck.

........cool and calm in a situation where most would panic.

you da man.

Cool and Calm

Ski Baja - 10-23-2003 at 02:24 PM

You don't think I spent all that time putting this together just to help all you guys did you. Amongst those contacts are the fastest and coldest Ballena emergency delivery services everywhere.:lol: J.R.'s Baja

AAAHHHHHHH!

Capt. George - 10-23-2003 at 03:58 PM

PACIFICO,

my favorite.....thimnk I'm in an emergency situation right now. It's ten minutes to beer and I'm drinking water and lemon????

Share one (or ??????) in Loreto

Pacifico

Ski Baja - 10-23-2003 at 04:33 PM

Those aren't just Pacificos, they are Ballenas. You can tell by their spouts!

westy - 10-23-2003 at 04:40 PM

S.B. are you involved directly w/ this Baja
Rescue......or are you helping a friend get the word out?

Baja Search and Rescue

Ski Baja - 10-23-2003 at 04:43 PM

I am directly involved and it is one of the many projects I have going on in Baja.

WESTY

David K - 10-23-2003 at 05:00 PM

Have you got an easier schedule yet? It's time to start work on the giant Baja wall map! Are you free this weekend? J.R. and I are going to Dave's for a pastrami sandwitch!

Anonymous - 10-23-2003 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Baja search and rescue? I swear.. All you folks are paranoid. What with talk of cell phones, sat phones, GPS and Internet availability you would think no one had any sense of direction. This is Baja, NOT deepest darkest Africa. Disconnect...and live a little!

AMEN!!!
Not to mention if questions about this new thang will be answered. [See Freds State of California sponsored board.]

Yeah, live a little!:lol:

Anonymous - 10-23-2003 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ski Baja
I am directly involved and it is one of the many projects I have going on in Baja.

Sounds like a great project and a fantastic
service!
I'll have to try it out next month.

What if we don't plan on leaving Baja via 'The Pacific side'?

Is there a way and means to help set us 'newbies' up with our phone's from the states?

Should I drop in and have a beer with ya?

Dave; Smack dab in the middle of the 'season'. Knee deep in work, both jobs. Avacados will be ripe in about 30 to 60 days. Harvest this year should be really busy.
If ya wants, I can UPS the map to ya. It would be no prob.

BS&R, please answer these questions, Amigo.

Anonymous - 10-23-2003 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

Not to mention if questions about this new thang will be answered. [See Freds State of California sponsored board.]

Well, they were edited from Freds State of California sponsored board...here they are,

Is BS&R registered in Mexico?
If so, when someone joins, they get a "Factura" with your registered 'Hacienda Number', right?

If BS&R is organized in California, at $250 per membership, you're registered with the State of California, Secretary of State, as required by law, right? :rolleyes:

Hey Steph!

Anonymous - 10-23-2003 at 06:59 PM

This is an investigative job for Steph!

You have always got to the bottom of thangs!;)

Anonymous - 10-23-2003 at 07:04 PM

Whats wrong with trying to bring in a little more business for the people of Baja?

I don't believe this service is aimed at the 'regulars' of ANY Baja board but to those who come here seeking answers to questions like, "Does the road go all the way to Cabo yet?"
You know, the person who WOULD go to Baja, IF they felt a little more 'secure'.

whatever....................

:bounce:

why do you hate.......?:no:

westy - 10-23-2003 at 09:16 PM

sorry. The last post was me.
I didn't relize I was not logged in when I posted that last one.

Unless my beer told me not to.:barf:

Baja Search and Rescue

Ski Baja - 10-24-2003 at 10:10 AM

Actually, it's a brand new business aimed at ripping off Gringos. After we supply you with the phone and contacts, we don't do diddly. In fact we couldn't care less about your dumb broken down arses. It was just a thought and I wanted to see how long before someone got suspicious. I am trying to become president of the United States.