BajaNomad

Quick & easy mole sauces?

Gypsy Jan - 12-16-2005 at 07:58 PM

Has anyone out there developed an easy mole recipe (dark poblano, green pepitas, anything else?)

Do you have a favorite canned, bottled or paste brand?

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Packoderm - 12-16-2005 at 10:44 PM

I didn't know where you would get the moles; I don't think they live in Baja, and it is too cold elswhere. Or are they available canned?

Very funny and quite ironic,

Gypsy Jan - 12-16-2005 at 11:17 PM

Packoderm...

No I am not talking about some stew made out of roadkill which begins, "Pick up bthe dead mole and wash it off..." :lol:gb

To further explain my question, I am interested in creating an easy and delicious version of the various sauces that are named mole.

The basic recipes are extremely complex and very labor intensive, with many ingredients, including grinding spices, seeds and chocolate and cooing the results over a long period of time.

Are you a cook, Packoderm?

bajajudy - 12-17-2005 at 07:18 AM

There is one that comes in a glass(literally, after you are finished with the sauce, you have a new glass to drink out of) that is reputed to be the best premade. It is Dona Maria. Some of the supermarkets here(San Jose del Cabo) have it handmade by the kilo.

Natalie Ann - 12-17-2005 at 08:54 AM

I use the Dona Maria mole bought in my local Berkeley tienda. It's quick, easy, and when you're finished you can use the little glass for your tequila - unless you finished it straight from the bottle while preparing dinner. ;)

Of course, we all know the best moles are handmade:

Thanks

Gypsy Jan - 12-17-2005 at 06:25 PM

bajajudy and Natalie Ann

I have seen the brand in our local supermercados.

I will report back on how they taste(test) out.

Buen provecho!