BajaNomad

Neal Johns recent info

John M - 10-27-2003 at 06:35 AM

Last evening (Sunday) I received an email from a friend who had recently heard from Neal Johns. Neal's home was spared in the heavily burned Lytle Creek area. Their electrical power is out and I am not sure if residents are allowed back into the area yet. Neal may attempt to get on line with his laptop.

David K - 10-27-2003 at 07:37 AM

Thanks John... I think Neal needs to relocate all his books to my house (hee hee), as Oceanside is safe from the fire storm. Seriously, I am so glad to hear that Marian and Neal have not lost their property. That home is magnificent and practically a desert museum.

Neal Johns Lives!

Neal Johns - 10-29-2003 at 10:29 AM

Situation in Lytle Creek:

No power.

Phones OK.

No fire active except in upper canyon beyond houses.

All roads into Lytle Creek closed.

Our house, no damage. fire was 30 feet away, three houses burned a block or two away.

We (me, current wife and dogs) are home in Lytle Creek and OK.

Heartwarming support received from all WiWs. :-):bounce:

Debra - 10-29-2003 at 11:23 AM

Thanks for signing in Neal, glad to hear you and your current wife are okay, we were worried about you.

marla - 10-29-2003 at 12:03 PM

NEAL! So glad you, Marian, perros and beautiful house filled with beautiful things were spared. Thank God! Keep us posted.

Bob and Susan - 10-29-2003 at 03:30 PM

Neal

You shouldn't have pulled that dragons tail...:lol::lol:

I Never Told You This Before Neal....

jeans - 10-29-2003 at 04:16 PM

....According to the Chinese Calendar, I am a Dragon.:fire:

I am most compatable with a Monkey or a Rat. Either way...you're covered.

You have been warned.... :lol:

Mr. Johns

Tucker - 10-29-2003 at 05:48 PM

I served as a firefighter on the Lytle Creek fire of 1972, or was it 71, after being dropped off by helicopters in the morning, a couple nights we worked our way down the slope, walked to the bar in Lytle Creek. Had a hell of a time dancing (in smokey, sooty clothes) with some gals who worked in the pancake house in Corona. Then stumbled back to our camp in the Applewhite Campground.

But what I remember most is that the Lytle Creek fire was the most dangerous fire I had ever worked.