BajaNomad

whale sharks and beach bob

4baja - 10-27-2003 at 06:37 AM

if you like whale sharks then get down to BOLA as they were all over the place, from our decks we could see the people diveing on them and the sharks finning in the south bay.the weather was awesome (around 92 and little wind) and it look like the fishing was decent though we didnt try as we were busy building decks and pallapas. saw beach bob one day and ended up downing a few beers as we exchanged stories and told lies. will be down again for thanksgiving to finnish the stairs and my buddys deck and whisky girl will be with me so be ware as the place will be rocking. franko, hope you can make it and i will be sending you pics soon.

David K - 10-27-2003 at 07:32 AM

Steve, is Beth serving sushi again? That yellowtail at 4th of July was awesome!!!!

David A. - 10-27-2003 at 01:23 PM

:light:If things go my way, you might see someone in the little trailer parked behind you on that long weekend!:biggrin::moon:

4baja - 10-28-2003 at 06:17 AM

david a, i sent you some pics yesterday what cha think?

David A. - 10-28-2003 at 10:33 AM

Steve, it looks great:bounce:. It makes my trailer look like it's parked all alone:lol:. We may see you Thanksgiving, for sure during the holidays.:tumble:,

Hay Stevo!! Your palapa is done!!

Beach Bob - 11-2-2003 at 01:00 PM

Steve, itd sure has been quiet since you guys left!! No Rowdy's!! Nobody to drink beer with. Your palapa is done and it looks great! I will be seeing you in a couple of weeks, as I am now starting to stock up on beer! Adios Amigo

FrankO - 11-2-2003 at 03:00 PM

We are going to try to get down the week b4 t-day. I'm trying to trade a few guys some days of work but if not I'll have to leave t-day itself.....

David K - 11-2-2003 at 03:22 PM

Frank, remember the Baja 1000 is the Friday and Saturday just before Thanksgiving... Do be careful as some of Hwy. 1 southeast of El Rosario is used. The furthest point south is Laguna Chapala where the race crosses Hwy. 1 going from the Pacific coast to the Gulf coast. Course map at http://www.score-international.com (PDF format).

FrankO - 11-3-2003 at 07:40 AM

That's something I hadn't considered..

David K - 11-3-2003 at 08:31 AM

Well, it doesn't need to change your plans... I have been in Baja for many races and have had racers pass me (and others) on the highway, as we were moving to another location... It is quite exciting!

Things to be aware of: Ensenada will be crowded, some streets may be closed... The race strats on the coastal avenue, Friday all morning.

Pit teams & Chase trucks may be hyped up as they try and beat their race car to the next highway crossing or pit location.
The military still stops the support vehicles, so expect long lines at Maneadero and El Rosario where I last saw check points.

Where Highway One becomes part of the race course (Martires road [Arenoso] to Santa Catarina road) Friday afternoon and evening, and Laguna Chapala crossing (also the Ensenada to San Felipe highway): expect possible brief delay or having racers pass you.
Again, this could be fun, but expect delays caused by the event...