BajaNomad

Travel Trailer question

djh - 12-24-2005 at 12:11 PM

I would appreciate any info on need-to-knows & requirements for keeping a Travel Trailer in Baja (permanently - on my own lot... come Feb. :) !). I know some of you have similar setups..

ie. any registration or licensing requirements, etc. or other need-to-knows?

I'd like to buy G's TT (already in Baja), and I imagine that would make things easier (no border crossing, etc...)

Thanks! I really appreciate this Nomad site! So much good info from good folks.

djh

David K - 12-24-2005 at 12:49 PM

Once you have property that remains in Mexico, you are no longer a 'tourist', so you need a different visa (like an FM-3)... At least that is what I understand.

Welcome to Nomad!! Here you will get the answers... and some of them may even be correct!!:lol:

djh - 12-24-2005 at 01:12 PM

Thanks, David K.

I'll do the immigration / FM-3 in Feb., when I am down to close on the lot.

Wondering if there are add'l things I should be prepared for & take care of when I move a TT onto the lot. ?

djh

Capt. George - 12-25-2005 at 05:57 AM

D,

again? a mountain from a molhill! lighten up..

g

Bob and Susan - 12-25-2005 at 08:05 AM

It's EASY....don't worry....

Just get you FMT tourist visa when you buy...

George knows the right people now in Santa Rosalia that will assist you in getting the fidocomiso...and recording the deed.

Then open a bank account and get your fm3...its very easy and George knows helpers for this too.

Relax...the govt doesn't want your trailer...they would have their fees and your tourist dollar:lol:

Capt. George - 12-25-2005 at 08:36 AM

Bob & Susan

thanks from me and D...he's just new to the game, Ah, Mexico!

Feliz Navidad to aoe and all...

George y Deborah

Thanks, guys!

djh - 12-25-2005 at 10:00 AM

Ok... Thanks guys.

No worries, really. Just wanted to make sure I didn't leave this North Pole (freezing N. Idaho) for Baja with any "crap, should have done that before I left home..." type stuff.

Thanks for the reassurance.... (no mountains.... don't worry, I'm light... :bounce: see....)

And most importantly.... MERY CHRISTMAS to you! Can't wait to string a few twinkling Christmas lights at "home in Loreto" :)

David and Shing.