BajaNomad

Stolen Panga

pangamadness - 12-25-2005 at 02:00 PM

Anyone travaling south please look out for a stolen Panga. It is an 18 ft white panga with a gray deck built by Blackman boats. It has a center console with a 50 hp Yamaha 4 stroke. It was stolen in La Jolla Ca. on December 21. CF 0496 CN. Blackman built very few of these skiffs and they look just like a mexican built Panga. I dont think this one even has the blackman name on it.

If you have any info please reply to me, pangamadness@hotmail.com or post info on this board. Thanks

bigboy - 12-25-2005 at 04:11 PM

What a bummer! I'll keep a lookout at Dana Point harbor. I'm down there at least a couple times a week.

lizard lips - 12-25-2005 at 06:31 PM

Ill keep my eyes open in Punta Banda.

gonetobaja - 12-25-2005 at 10:51 PM

Ill be checking San Felipe and those areas. A center console will stick out.

Theives suck:fire:

[Edited on 12-26-2005 by gonetobaja]

Thanks

pangamadness - 12-26-2005 at 12:52 AM

Thanks everyone for keeping a look out. If you were wondering this was not my boat. It belonged to two good friends. My boat is still in the yard not yet cleaned from the last fish that died on the deck.

The owners had no insurance and are following up on any leads. We expect the boat will be left on the side of the road some where and the moter will be taken to Mex. However the boat would blend in easy in Mex. I will try to get a photo to post.

Gone to Baja there is a 18 foot Blackman built panga skiff in Percebu. I think itis yellow. You may have seen it.

Thanks again.

A-OK - 12-26-2005 at 07:25 PM

Dont know if you are already a member over at Bloodydecks.com or Sandiegofishing.com or not but these kinds of things will get a lot of exposure once posted. Put the word ( and pictures) out to as many people as possible.
Hope you get it back in one piece.

Panga found in USA

pangamadness - 1-20-2006 at 11:33 AM

This Panga was found! Boat and trailer all that was left. Found in a parking lot on Miramar road in San Diego. My guess is that some dirtbag gringo is sporten a nice new 60 hp yamaha 4 stroke.

Pompano - 1-21-2006 at 10:19 AM

I feel your pain, pangamadness. I have had two boats and motors stolen over the years...no fun. Hope you trace the crook.